PDA

View Full Version : c++ lessons/overly complicated neopets programs

valseedian
02-01-2012, 03:53 PM
does anyone here like them?

ever thought- "if only I could keep proxy and password data for my 2097234789 accounts straight, and also be able to keep most of them running all day"

ever find yourself wondering why there isn't a RSbuddy or Scar-Repository style Neopets scripting program out..?

I'm doing it already as a side project, if theres enough interest in a script/scheduler style neopets program, I'll write one up.

my scripting language is coming together nicely, and if I get it stable... it's already got all of the basics, compiles for code security, has access to encryption, Gzip optional inet, cookie handling, string functions out of the box (and I plan on tons more). code for the repository would be submitable in c++ or valscript (which is PHPesque- if you can code php, you could code neopets programs in valscript )

entire suite will always be free of charge, but access to special repositories could cost money in the future, depending on how intricate the scripts get, tho the basic idea would be GNU style programming, where anyone could pull up a programs' code, tweak and compile it themselves, and sumbit it with a description to the repository, in this way we'd make it possible to easily tie multiple unrelated functions together without much effort or portability requirements, aswell as built in bug-reporting functionality..

I'm also looking for a new c++ aprentice. I'm going to have a considerable deal of free time in the near future, Maybe you've always wanted to learn how to program too. Ask joe, I've taught some of the best.

I'm gunna start checking in regularly. Hope I start seeing some familiar faces.

Neggsweeper AP is down, so are almost all of my other programs (as I've had yet another catastrophic memory meltdown and lost much of my integral code). about 60% of the way through replacing all of the broken parts, and removing the old auth system...

I check all of these regularly, get at me with questions :)

j03
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
valseedian I think I have the latest of your neggsweeper stuff. Good thing you have me now, huh?

Reemer
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
valseedian
Good to see you're back! I'd learn C++ but I don't have a lot of free time atm and I'm taking a Java class right now and I wouldn't like to get the two confused :p

Whoever learns from him will soon be a pro!

Xexist
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I would be interested in learning, as long as it doesn't require a massive time commitment.

Evelsaint
02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Are you still taking commissions for private programs?

kooldude888
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I would also be very interested in learning how to program :D i think it could be a very good skill to know :p and welcome back :)

j03
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
You all fail to see that anyone can do something in this world. xD No need to have a random person tell you that you can do it.

If you want to start programming, go ahead and do it! Just go to YouTube, type in "how to start programming" and there you go, you've become a programmer. If you know which language you want to program in, then search for tutorials on those languages. If you don't know which language to start programming with, then ask google which to use.

:)

kooldude888
02-01-2012, 09:16 PM
so ya think if i started researching a bit, after a few months id be able to program my own small programs without any background knowledge about it at all?

j03
02-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah. Actually more like weeks rather than months. Depending on how quick you pick up on the language, it won't take you long.

kooldude888
02-01-2012, 09:38 PM
wow thats not bad at all :D thanks for lettin me know that :p im watching tutorials now!!

zxzero
02-02-2012, 12:55 AM
As everyone else said, welcome back. A community like powerbot and those sites would be amazing to have for neopets, I hope to see something like this in the future. :D

Xexist
02-02-2012, 10:39 AM
As everyone else said, welcome back. A community like powerbot and those sites would be amazing to have for neopets, I hope to see something like this in the future. :D

Omg. Are you the zxzero from gbatemp?

j03
02-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Haha GBATemp, I was one of the first people to "boast" about having Pokemon White running on my CycloDS with a screenshot. Haven't been there after that.

zxzero
02-06-2012, 06:10 AM
No, I am not zxzero from GBAtemp. hehe