PDA

View Full Version : Check out my band's music video?

LittlePunker
05-04-2014, 11:45 PM
We just released it a couple weeks ago, and it's our first music video. We're pretty excited about it.

would love to show it to you guys and get your opinions. :)

Don't be too harsh. xD

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Carnage
05-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Your singer reminds me a lot of a young Will Francis (from Aiden).

My initial thoughts (as someone who is in the music production field), your singer needs to put a lot more energy into those recording sessions. From the sound of it, you guys took many vocal takes and used one of the later ones after he was warn out and sick of tracking.

Not that it's your fault at all (unless you guys engineered the recording), but the drum mix is pretty dry. You guys definitely have the potential to produce some good music as your instrumentation is fluid, but it seems like your producer isn't pushing you hard enough to get the best out of your ability.

LittlePunker
05-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Your singer reminds me a lot of a young Will Francis (from Aiden).

My initial thoughts (as someone who is in the music production field), your singer needs to put a lot more energy into those recording sessions. From the sound of it, you guys took many vocal takes and used one of the later ones after he was warn out and sick of tracking.

Not that it's your fault at all (unless you guys engineered the recording), but the drum mix is pretty dry. You guys definitely have the potential to produce some good music as your instrumentation is fluid, but it seems like your producer isn't pushing you hard enough to get the best out of your ability.

Haha that's really cool that he reminds you of Will. <3

I agree he needs to push more during recordings, but as for drums and what not, I do have to argue, that we recorded with Don Debiase (Black Veil Brides, Modern Day Escape, all Standby Record artists) and I personally think he did amazing production wise. I believe production is a part of one's personal opinion. Because we've gotten different views about production even when we did it with other people. And now we're recording with one of the top, and still sometimes get the bad production. I think production is a matter of ones personal taste. But thank you! :)

Carnage
05-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Haha that's really cool that he reminds you of Will. <3

I agree he needs to push more during recordings, but as for drums and what not, I do have to argue, that we recorded with Don Debiase (Black Veil Brides, Modern Day Escape, all Standby Record artists) and I personally think he did amazing production wise. I believe production is a part of one's personal opinion. Because we've gotten different views about production even when we did it with other people. And now we're recording with one of the top, and still sometimes get the bad production. I think production is a matter of ones personal taste. But thank you! :)

I would have to both agree and disagree with that statement. There are certainly industry standard guidelines that you can go by when analyzing a production. I'm happy for you that you're satisfied with the mix. As an audio engineer, I'm always going to find things I would do different in a recording, so maybe it's just the perfectionist in me. Regardless, you guys did a great job. Just pump up the energy and I can see big things from y'all :)

Valent
05-05-2014, 11:12 PM
You're really great! I would agree about the singer needing to put more energy in his recordings -- with the caveat that some people do have issues sounding like they're energetic singers even when they are (I know I face that problem).

With regards to the video itself, it seems a bit like you're trying to combine too many aesthetics at once -- you've got a raw-looking shoot of the band members playing, but you've also got the cuts to the darker, more artistic shots of the poison bottles and the like. The way you shot both of those made them kind of conflicting, if what I'm saying makes any kind of sense...I'm not entirely sure how to phase it, but it does seem a bit like you just took the things you decided would make an excellent video and put them together in conflicting ways. It's still good, just seems to be doing too many things at once.

Also, you might want to loosen up on the strobe/flashing effect. I'm not epileptic as such, but I'm much more photosensitive than the actual person, and some parts of that video... x_x