PDA

View Full Version : Horror games.

Arsura
04-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Hi guys!
Right my plan for this weekend is to scare the shit out of myself and Jolz.
Rather then movies I'm going for games.

If anyone fancies giving some recommendations for Horror games we can play that would be great.

PS1,2,3, Xbox, Ds, Pc (downloads, browser based, steam etc)
Game style doesn't really matter that much but I'd prefer scary, build up tension, expecting a jump scare every 5 mins, etc.

Games I already plan to play;
Amnesia,
Ether One (i dont know if this is horror or not but sounds pretty good)

I'd love to get Project Zero (fatal frame) but Jolz says its not allowed in the house.

awan247
04-29-2014, 06:27 AM
Hooror games are the best games to play. I like these games very much because these have interesting missions.

QueenNothing
05-13-2014, 12:53 AM
Ok so I'm late, but here's a few:

Ildefonse (short indie one)
Scratches
The Penumbra series
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Outlast
Clive Barker's Undying

To keep an eye on:

Asylum
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder

Facade
05-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Call of Cthulhu is guaranteed to give you a headache, though! Maybe it's just my reaction to first person, but...

QueenNothing
05-15-2014, 05:50 AM
Dark Corners of the Earth? It can get fuzzy/blurry at times, but yeah if you're sensitive to first persons, you're gonna have a hard time lol

brookfang
05-21-2014, 08:36 PM
I've heard of a game called ib I believe, it has really good music IMO. Never actually played it though, it's apparently meant to be very good. It's a horror game but it doesn't look that scary, it was made on rpg maker.

Six
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Among the Sleep is the newest horror game I've played and I loved it, very creepy but unfortunately also very short and not a lot of replay value. Still, it's one of the more unique horror games I've played and the devs made a really good job of making you feel like you actually are a toddler (which is what makes it feel x100 scarier).

katalyst
06-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Clock Tower always creeped me out as a kid.

Then there was this game "Out of this World" or "Another World" that had some creepy death scenes that frightened me as a child. :(

HippoMoon
06-23-2014, 05:18 PM
POkemon... Scary as hell.
Or maybe it is me.

I actually like Doom - it is old school bloody.

AskJeeves
06-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Pretty basic, but the Silent Hill series always frightened me..

And I tried playing this game called Siren once.... It was waaay too creepy for me.

Also look into Condemned.

QueenNothing
06-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Among the Sleep is the newest horror game I've played and I loved it, very creepy but unfortunately also very short and not a lot of replay value. Still, it's one of the more unique horror games I've played and the devs made a really good job of making you feel like you actually are a toddler (which is what makes it feel x100 scarier).
Indeed, Among the sleep is a BEAUTIFULLY created horror game, it also leaves you thinking. I even made a review about it ^_^
Highly recommended

aeyen
07-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Fatal Frame series are nice. I played Crimson Butterfly. Mayu and Miyu are the best twins in the whole series!