PDA

View Full Version : PayPal question...

Kristin
01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Ok, so I am trying something to help avoid unwanted chargebacks. I created a second PayPal account to receive money, then I can transfer the money to my main PayPal. I want to keep the 2nd account unverified and not attach a bank account or anything to it, but PayPal won't let me transfer any money from it unless its verified. So I have $30 on this account that I need to use, but can't.
How can I move the money without verifying the account?

zakeryp
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Why not connect to a bank account, move the money, then shut down the paypal?

Kristin
01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
My husband doesn't know about me selling neo stuff. Adding our bank account would catch his attention.

bamag
01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Its a thing Paypal has with US accounts. If you make an Canadian or Australian account, it'll let you transfer without verification.

Carrot
01-30-2012, 10:18 PM
If you send a check home it increases the sending limit to $2000 a month.

Kristin
01-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Not a fan of checks, but I guess if that's how it has to be then I can do that.

Carrot
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Not sure if it's the only way, I just know that's how it worked for me.

I made my first $200 from neo and wanted to send it home. My account was unverified. I had never sent money, only received. After sending the check home, I was able to send money. I discovered it by mistake.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I made my first $200 from neo and wanted to send it home. My account was unverified. I had never sent money, only received. After sending the check home, I was able to send money. I discovered it by mistake.

Evelsaint
Ok, so I am trying something to help avoid unwanted chargebacks. I created a second PayPal account to receive money, then I can transfer the money to my main PayPal. I want to keep the 2nd account unverified and not attach a bank account or anything to it, but PayPal won't let me transfer any money from it unless its verified. So I have $30 on this account that I need to use, but can't.
How can I move the money without verifying the account?

Here is how I would set it up, not sure if you neeed a bank for this option but hear me out.

Account 1- Keep it as normal, it's already linked to your bank.

Account 2- No bank, only cc info I guess?. Prepaid Gift Visa Info?

Account #2 Receives money, then you send said money to Account 1 as a gift?

Yeah, you might get some fees but charge back becomes a moot point because who cares if you have a negative balance on a dud account?

Or!

You can transfer the money to the bank, close your account, Open a new one under a new email?

Haven't tried the second option yet.

Kristin

I would prefer to be able to send it to my main PayPal, because I have a PayPal debit card on that account. But, I guess I can try requesting a check.

Evelsaint
I didn't know you could verify with a credit card? Hmm. I just don't want to have to continually create paypals. I just want this dud account to use for big purchases. And I can just use it until whenever.

Evelsaint
01-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Well, not verify, you can like a 4000 spending limit if you use CC only?

I guess you just can't send money to the bank, you can always transfer the funds by sending to another paypal account.

Kids don't have bank/CC user prepaid cards or moneypaks to charge the account.

Kristin
01-31-2012, 11:13 AM
I guess you just can't send money to the bank, you can always transfer the funds by sending to another paypal account.

That's what I'm trying to do. But it says I have a $0 sending limit. My only option is to request a check.

Dion
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Here with me is normal lol
maybe bug in you naveg?