PDA

View Full Version : So like, does anyone listen to Kpop? :$

boomer
04-17-2014, 07:12 PM
It's so fascinating. I can't stop watching music videos.

Right now really into Infinite and BtoB and Royal Pirates and SPICA and T-ARA which is all over the place haha.

Which bands do you like? :D

Lyric
04-17-2014, 08:31 PM
SNSD (Girls Generation) or 2NE1.
Wonder Girls are alright, too.
Going old school I'd say BoA is fucking amazing.

elissa
04-18-2014, 05:27 AM
When I was like 14 SNSD was the shit
That gee song gets stuck in my head without even having to hear it, catchy af

Lyric
04-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Gee seriously does get stuck in your head from SNSD.
So does Run Devil Run, I got a Boy, Genie, Mr. Taxi.
Goodness so many.

I also liked Twinkle haha

boomer
04-18-2014, 11:41 AM
I liked some of SNSD's older stuff better, but I like Mr Mr now too :o

cibomatto
04-22-2014, 08:42 AM
When I was like 14 SNSD was the shit
That gee song gets stuck in my head without even having to hear it, catchy af

gee gee gee <3

QueenNothing
05-13-2014, 12:55 AM
I do! KARA are mah girls atm :D

manisher
05-18-2014, 11:51 PM
EXO as for now! :D

MyL
05-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Poor EXO. One member left bye bye. And the fans are going cray cray right now.

Well, I am more into older bands like Super Junior, TVXQ, SNSD, Brown Eyed Girls and so on. :)

Sakuras
05-28-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of SNSD, and I know one song by f(x) if that counts. (Electric Shock... it's so catchy!)

My favorite songs by SNSD would have to be Run Devil Run, Mr. Taxi, I Got A Boy, Genie, and all the songs from the Mr. Mr. mini album. And I agree Twinkle (TTS) is really good too! I need to listen to the rest of the songs on that album though.

MyL
05-28-2014, 12:02 PM
SCf3

You should really listen the whole album Pink Tape from f(x). It's awesome!!! I still can't believe all the songs are so good.

Sakuras
05-28-2014, 12:04 PM
SCf3

You should really listen the whole album Pink Tape from f(x). It's awesome!!! I still can't believe all the songs are so good.

Is that the album Electric Shock is from? I've listened to some of their others songs but I honestly don't remember the names of them, so maybe it was from that album. I'll check it out when I get back from work later! :)

MyL
05-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Nooo, the EP with Electric Shock was from 2012 I think. Pink tape was released in 2013 as a full album.

Choco
05-29-2014, 12:26 AM
Love kpop *-*
I'm a fan of a lot of groups, like super junior, snsd, girl's day, kara, etc..
but unfortunately I haven't been keeping up to date with everything D: too much new stuff for me to catch up

Sakuras
05-29-2014, 12:35 AM
MyL I'll check it out and let you know what I think!

Love kpop *-*
I'm a fan of a lot of groups, like super junior, snsd, girl's day, kara, etc..
but unfortunately I haven't been keeping up to date with everything D: too much new stuff for me to catch up

I feel you, I feel like the Kpop fandom moves so fast & it's hard to keep up with if you're just a casual fan. That's why I only follow SNSD, it's easier for me to keep up with haha.

MyL
05-29-2014, 02:52 AM
Choco

Sj is going to have a comeback this year :O Finally!!! Plus the stuff announced it will be something unique

SCf3
Curious about your opinion. f(x)'s was chosen the only Asian artist to be in Fuse's '41 Best Albums of 2013'. it's a really well produced album. Too bad they didn't promote it more.

Choco
05-29-2014, 08:23 AM
I feel you, I feel like the Kpop fandom moves so fast & it's hard to keep up with if you're just a casual fan. That's why I only follow SNSD, it's easier for me to keep up with haha.

Yeah, I can't keep track of all the things that happen u_u One of my friends is a huge kpop fan and she knows everything, even watches all of the kdramas that any member comes out with lol.
That's a good idea, maybe I'll try to follow just one too. :)

Choco

Sj is going to have a comeback this year :O Finally!!! Plus the stuff announced it will be something unique
Ah really? o: I wasn't aware, thanks for informing me. How exciting, I'm definitely looking forward to it! n-n

Sakuras
05-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Yeah I don't have time to watch all the kdramas and stuff, plus I'm mostly interested in the music anyway haha. But I do know some of the SNSD girls have acted/been in other stuff. I just don't really pay attention to it haha.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

eclipsen
06-05-2014, 12:57 AM
I've never listened to any K-pop but I have a friend who loves it. I've heard some J-Pop though, if that counts at all. :P

Dot
06-05-2014, 06:05 AM
I really like I'm The Best by 2NE1. Very catchy. But other than that and the odd Hyuna song my friend showed me, nope.

MyL
06-07-2014, 11:46 AM
dot

You should really listen to 2ne1 new album (Crush). All the songs are pretty awesome :D

coldblaze
06-07-2014, 03:14 PM
K-indie more like, Standing Egg. Probably been driving the neighbours and my fam crazy with it. :)
Favourite songs: Runner's High, Dreamer, Little Star.

boomer
06-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Still upset that 2 members of KARA left D: And now they have some game show competition looking for replacements. My heart </3

Tablo
06-10-2014, 12:09 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Its not really kpop, but that video made me tear up :frown-new:

MyL
06-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Still upset that 2 members of KARA left D: And now they have some game show competition looking for replacements. My heart </3

It's sad that they are treated like trash now by their own country. They used to be a very big power in k-pop. We will never know the truth though....

Tablo Thanks. I only heard 200%. They have a pretty good live.
This one made me cry:

Tablo
06-10-2014, 09:16 AM
It's sad that they are treated like trash now by their own country. They used to be a very big power in k-pop. We will never know the truth though....

Tablo Thanks. I only heard 200%. They have a pretty good live.
This one made me cry:

Speaking of country treating an artist like garbage, tablos career was
Almost destroyed by a group
Of people that believed his degree was fake. This is a huge deal in korea, so literally everybody turned on him and he became one of the most hated people in the country. This continued until he flew back to stanford and talked to professors that remembered him. Sad stuff.

MyL
06-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Speaking of country treating an artist like garbage, tablos career was
Almost destroyed by a group
Of people that believed his degree was fake. This is a huge deal in korea, so literally everybody turned on him and he became one of the most hated people in the country. This continued until he flew back to stanford and talked to professors that remembered him. Sad stuff.

Wait. I think I heard about this. Wasn't he super cyber bullied at that time? That's horrible. Netizens are in general merciless if they are not fans. I don't know why they always have to bring someone down like this. Same as T-ara, they accused them about bulling, but they were doing the same behind a computer calling them t-trash etc etc.

Tablo
06-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Wait. I think I heard about this. Wasn't he super cyber bullied at that time? That's horrible. Netizens are in general merciless if they are not fans. I don't know why they always have to bring someone down like this. Same as T-ara, they accused them about bulling, but they were doing the same behind a computer calling them t-trash etc etc.

Yeah, huge amount of cyber bullying, there were a bunch of groups dedicated to destroying his life.

MyL
06-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah, huge amount of cyber bullying, there were a bunch of groups dedicated to destroying his life.

I can't even imagine what he went through emotionally. It's disturbing....

Tablo
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I can't even imagine what he went through emotionally. It's disturbing....

I think the lyrics of this song will tell you what he was going through, it was released after the scandal.

MyL
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM

I think the lyrics of this song will tell you what he was going through, it was released after the scandal.

I love it :O Very meaningful. I should listen to more songs from him and Epik High.

I_royalty_I
06-10-2014, 01:30 PM
I know grrrawr does!
She's mia, needs to come back! D:

Tablo
06-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I agree, they are really great.

Also forgot about this one, the lyrical content on all of their songs is amazing, but this one is especially great.

MyL
06-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Tablo

Pretty awesome. I also like 1 minute 1 second and I jut discovered love, love, love

Tablo
06-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Tablo

Pretty awesome. I also like 1 minute 1 second and I jut discovered love, love, love

I cant really find any of their songs that I dont just love :$

MyL
06-10-2014, 02:21 PM
I cant really find any of their songs that I dont just love :$

*just I need to english better lol
Well, great. I don't think I need another group to fan girl anymore :-w It's all your fault!!!

Tablo
06-10-2014, 02:21 PM
*just I need to english better lol
Well, great. I don't think I need another group to fan girl anymore :-w It's all your fault!!!

We can fangirl together :$

and if you need another group to love, SHINee is good too :)

[Only registered and activated users can see links](D)(Z)zSbHP2w

MyL
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
We can fangirl together :$

Pinky promise? :glee:

Omg, his daughter is Haru. I always see news about her. She's lovely.
The more I know.......

OMGGGG I love Shinee!!! What;s your fav song?

Tablo
06-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Pinky promise? :glee:

Omg, his daughter is Haru. I always see news about her. She's lovely.
The more I know.......

OMGGGG I love Shinee!!! What;s your fav song?

I've had obsession on repeat for a while :), what about you?

MyL
06-10-2014, 02:34 PM
I've had obsession on repeat for a while :), what about you?

Repeat? You mean replay? I think it was their first song.
I love Sherlock(clue+note) and dream girl is also awesome. And everybody was on my jam list for some time. I love their cute image also in hello. And everybody knows ring ding dong and lucifer. As for ballads obsession.

I'm more SM biased :-?

Tablo
06-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Repeat? You mean replay? I think it was their first song.
I love Sherlock(clue+note) and dream girl is also awesome. And everybody was on my jam list for some time. I love their cute image also in hello. And everybody knows ring ding dong and lucifer. As for ballads obsession.

I'm more SM biased :-?

I mean I have the song obsession on repeat :P, I cant link it for some reason but go on youtube and find it, its really good!

MyL
06-10-2014, 02:38 PM
I mean I have the song obsession on repeat :P, I cant link it for some reason but go on youtube and find it, its really good!

*facepalm* I'm retarded.
Yes, I know the song. One of my fav from them :D

Tablo
06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
*facepalm* I'm retarded.
Yes, I know the song. One of my fav from them :D

If you like stuff like that, I think you'll like this one if you havnt heard it already :)

MyL
06-10-2014, 02:50 PM
If you like stuff like that, I think you'll like this one if you havnt heard it already :)

I like it. Somehow I always considered sad songs kind of beautiful.

Tablo
06-10-2014, 02:55 PM
I like it. Somehow I always considered sad songs kind of beautiful.

Yeah, this song is full of emotion, one of my faves.

Heres one more for ya, lovely song, lovely video.

One of them cried while performing this live a few times :$

MyL
06-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah, this song is full of emotion, one of my faves.

Heres one more for ya, lovely song, lovely video.

One of them cried while performing this live a few times :$

Oh, I know this one. I know some of their songs.
Too bad with their 19+ concept for their new mv. It wasn't that well received.

Tablo
06-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Oh, I know this one. I know some of their songs.
Too bad with their 19+ concept for their new mv. It wasn't that well received.

Eeh, some of these other groups are hit or miss unfortunately, but hey, I dont mind :P

Another very consistent artist is outsider, he does more rap genre stuff, but he makes some great songs, have you heard of him?

MyL
06-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Eeh, some of these other groups are hit or miss unfortunately, but hey, I dont mind :P

I somehow remembered Stellar Marionette. I can't even.... lol
And they were so proud that they were well received in the army. I wonder why......
I know a lot of them don't have the power for their concept, but these girls were so shamed on the internet. And all for attention to survive the industry :(

Tablo
06-10-2014, 03:09 PM
I somehow remembered Stellar Marionette. I can't even.... lol
And they were so proud that they were well received in the army. I wonder why......
I know a lot of them don't have the power for their concept, but these girls were so shamed on the internet. And all for attention to survive the industry :(

I.. I dont really keep up with girl groups, can you catch me up on this situation :$?

MyL
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM

It was a MAJOR scandal.I never seen so much (can I use it here?) slut-shaming on a girl group in my life.
I listen to a few like snsd, 2ne1, f(x)& co. The bigger ones.

Tablo
06-10-2014, 03:15 PM

It was a MAJOR scandal.I never seen so much (can I use it here?) slut-shaming on a girl group in my life.
I listen to a few like snsd, 2ne1, f(x)& co. The bigger ones.
Oh... This is a big deal in korea. Feminism is waaay behind there.

MyL
06-10-2014, 03:19 PM
I think I saw an official top about this. They were almost the last ones. Makes me sad :( gender roles are still a big deal...

Btw, do you listen to Super Junior?

Tablo
06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I think I saw an official top about this. They were almost the last ones. Makes me sad :( gender roles are still a big deal...

Btw, do you listen to Super Junior?

They are a guilty pleasure of mine :$, and that video you linked is a bit.. distasteful? Imo.
If the girls were harassed for it, that's not right, its the directors fault.

Girls can be as sexy as they want, but this video was VERY provocative for korean standards.

MyL
06-10-2014, 03:41 PM
They are a guilty pleasure of mine :$, and that video you linked is a bit.. distasteful? Imo.
If the girls were harassed for it, that's not right, its the directors fault.

Girls can be as sexy as they want, but this video was VERY provocative for korean standards.

Harassed it's too little said.
They (SJ) are preparing for the 7jib :O
It's rumored that their comeback will be at the same time with Big Bang.
I hope not. Too much drama to process.

Tablo
06-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Harassed it's too little said.
They (SJ) are preparing for the 7jib :O
It's rumored that their comeback will be at the same time with Big Bang.
I hope not. Too much drama to process.

Oh gosh.. okay well they def didnt deserve that.. :bak:

cloudxcrash
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM

F1RST is one of the few groups with both male and female members. Love them. :)

boomer
06-10-2014, 05:04 PM
They keep saying girl groups are being oversexualized but have you looked at some boy group videos too with all the unnecessary shirtlessness crotch-grabbing lip-rubbing nonsense :P But no. It's alright if it's boys.

chunibyo
06-10-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm late to the convo but I love UKISS, SHINee, Big Bang, Brown Eyed Girls, Eric Nam, Lee Hyori, 2NE1, SNSD, TVXQ, MBLAQ, Boyfriend, 2PM, FX, *goes on and on*
hehe I like a lot of them X)

I'm getting used to the newer rookie groups.. well I guess EXO aren't rookies anymore xD

I have a lot of K-POP on my AC playlist to get me through playing 50 games daily -.-"

MyL
06-11-2014, 12:06 AM
They keep saying girl groups are being oversexualized but have you looked at some boy group videos too with all the unnecessary shirtlessness crotch-grabbing lip-rubbing nonsense :P But no. It's alright if it's boys.

We can have a looong discussion about double standards unfortunately...

Anyway, what do you guy think about VIXX? They have pretty nice choreography in general.

P.S.: It's the clean version of the mv, you can find the original version if you are not too sensible to blood or gory images

boomer
06-11-2014, 12:24 AM
VIXX is cool. Been following them since debut (their first couple singles were mehhh but they're better now imo).

I like hyde and eternity more than voodoo doll, though.

chunibyo
06-11-2014, 08:54 AM
I totally forgot to mention SUJU! :o_o:

MyL
06-11-2014, 11:43 AM
I totally forgot to mention SUJU! :o_o:

It's just been announced yesterday that Eunhyuk and Donghae will make a japanese album before the 7jib.

raxn
06-11-2014, 06:52 PM
I DOOOOO

MyL
06-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Taeyang wins #1 on June 12th 'M! Countdown'!

Congrats, but... I am the only one who liked Ringa linga more than 1am?

Tablo
06-16-2014, 09:25 AM

:$

raxn
06-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Taeyang wins #1 on June 12th 'M! Countdown'!

Congrats, but... I am the only one who liked Ringa linga more than 1am?

Have you heard this yet? IT'S BEAUTIFUL

MyL
06-17-2014, 02:21 AM
raxn I love Soohyun voice. I need to search for the translated lyrics.

Btw, I heard Winner will finally debut. The fangirls are going crazy lol.

raxn
06-17-2014, 02:26 AM
raxn I love Soohyun voice. I need to search for the translated lyrics.

Btw, I heard Winner will finally debut. The fangirls are going crazy lol.
MyL ermgad she has the voice of an angel!! I love all their mvs so far esp "Give Love". Hmmm I wanted Team B to win :( oh well!

MyL
06-17-2014, 02:51 AM
MyL ermgad she has the voice of an angel!! I love all their mvs so far esp "Give Love". Hmmm I wanted Team B to win :( oh well!

They are promoted. People are so mad at them (the company) because they performed at the YG family japanese concert and supposedly they should be disbanded by now. It was a collaboration with team A. And they didn't even debuted Winner first.Plus the whole drama of the show when people actually voted through text and payed money. So fans are pissed thinking they were media played just for attention.
Let's hope everything will go down with Winner's debut.

P.S.: [Exclusive] Taeyeon and Baekhyun spotted on an open car date...

LOL and a picture of them kissing. I can hear the wailing of fangirls all over the world

Tablo
06-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Doo doo doo~

MyL
06-24-2014, 02:09 PM
What do you guys think about Got7? I'm not really familiar with them but the fans are giving positive reviews

[Only registered and activated users can see links]=95

After AkMu:
Tablo to make official 'YG Family' cover of Taeyang's 'Eyes, Nose, Lips'

Tomorrow they will release it ^^

Tablo
06-24-2014, 02:21 PM
What do you guys think about Got7? I'm not really familiar with them but the fans are giving positive reviews

[Only registered and activated users can see links]=95

After AkMu:
Tablo to make official 'YG Family' cover of Taeyang's 'Eyes, Nose, Lips'

Tomorrow they will release it ^^

Super excited for the cover, and I love Got7 :)

MyL
06-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Super excited for the cover, and I love Got7 :)

Your avvie=Tablo?

Because of you I started to listen his full discography :beaten:

Tablo
06-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Your avvie=Tablo?

Because of you I started to listen his full discography :beaten:

Hooray! Including his work on Epik High, right? and yes it is :$

MyL
06-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Hooray! Including his work on Epik High, right? and yes it is :$

Not bad Tablo, not bad...

Yes, I listened a few singles and from Epik 99 and Pieces I.

I never knew he produced songs for other artists :O

Tablo
06-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Not bad Tablo, not bad...

Yes, I listened a few singles and from Epik 99 and Pieces I.

I never knew he produced songs for other artists :O

If you mean epik high, thats actually a group he is a part of.

He did a neat little one time album thing though, heres one of the songs I love off of it :)

MyL
06-24-2014, 02:37 PM
If you mean epik high, thats actually a group he is a part of.

He did a neat little one time album thing though, heres one of the songs I love off of it :)

Omg... BOA?
I like that the chorus of the song it's a little rockish

Tablo

Tablo
06-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Omg... BOA?
I like that the chorus of the song it's a little rockish

Tablo

omg :$ Thanks for posting! Loved it!

Tablo
06-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Heard of outsider? Not sure if you like rap, but he has so much talent... (Also hes gorgeous :$ )

MyL
07-02-2014, 12:47 PM

*cries* Probably my fav girl group, I can't wait!!!!!!! Pink tape was pure awesomeness, I hope this will be even better.

aeyen
07-07-2014, 12:06 PM
AH! Kpop fans!

I only like Miss A, but I'm really into Korean culture and shows. Anyone else into the same?

I practically live for Kdramas lol

MyL
07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
I like some of them, but I got bored in time because most of them became generic or bad re-makes. Meh...

Back on the topic. The MV for f(x) it's awesome. They didn't disappoint me at all!!! I love the album also. One of the best this year, but I must admit that I liked Pink tape a little bit more.

Cup
07-07-2014, 02:28 PM
I've never liked Kpop, but this year I went to a Kpop concert and it was actually pretty good. The only ones I know is f(x),SHINee, and other well known ones.

yoshiowner
07-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Wow, for me its impossible to listen this. Its an annoying music for me :/

Sakuras
07-13-2014, 10:32 PM
I like some of them, but I got bored in time because most of them became generic or bad re-makes. Meh...

Back on the topic. The MV for f(x) it's awesome. They didn't disappoint me at all!!! I love the album also. One of the best this year, but I must admit that I liked Pink tape a little bit more.

Came back to this topic to post this exact video. I LOVE IT. Love the song & video, and of course I love f(x). I've had Red Light on repeat for the past few days.

anonimousbr
07-16-2014, 02:24 PM
I like snsd gee♥

Mauve
07-26-2014, 10:46 AM
I like lady gaga applause

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Raj
07-26-2014, 11:37 AM
omg LadyLena

Lenars
07-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Raj - HyunA

I love all of YGENT <3

Chrome
09-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Never really liked Luna at all until this video. Dat haircut and sexy attitude tho, nosebleed for days.

Hashbrown
01-18-2015, 12:05 AM

That's cause, almost everything that comes out of SM is pretty generic. f(x) is one of the awesome exceptions though. :D
Not that the bands from SM are bad, I obssessed over EXO for a while and I still love em. SNSD is legend.
But YG entertainment is my cup of tea. I love BIG BANG xD

Chanchans
01-19-2015, 04:01 PM
2NE1 , wonder girls and girl's generation.
My family used think I was weird and still do.. cause I like the beat(s) of those artist's songs ..
I'm open to suggestions too :D if anyone knows a group or someone I should listen too. :S

coldblaze
02-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Pretty much everyone in my acquaintance thinks i'm wierd for being into anime, asian dramas and all that. What I've been doing is downloading the soundtracks of each drama I watch and getting the music I enjoy. CUrrently loving the I Need Love 3 OST particularly Now and Forever by Jo Jung Hee.

Aglett
05-29-2015, 12:17 AM
I am not a fan of kpop, but I do like their song/dance, such as EXO's Growl and Wolf. I would say my favourite song would be "That Man" by Hyun Bin from the drama, Secret Garden.

P.S. Secret Garden is such a good Korean drama.