PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row Thread

Vattumannen
04-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Hell yeah it's time for a Saints Row thread. Talk about your favorite moments in the games, your favorite characters, headcanons, episodes of Nyteblayde, anything.

DarthD
04-13-2014, 12:38 PM
I still need to buy that game :( SRIII was epic

Vattumannen
04-13-2014, 01:47 PM
I still need to buy that game :( SRIII was epic

Yes it was.
Especially BURT FUCKING REYNOLDS.

DarthD
04-13-2014, 02:03 PM
lol best mayor ever.

Vattumannen
04-14-2014, 10:58 AM
lol best mayor ever.

I love it how much actors/voice actors tend to basically play themselves in this series. Burt Reynolds, Kieth David, Nolan North, Roddy Piper..

Vattumannen
04-18-2014, 08:58 PM
promoting this vvvvvvvv
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Naked Gamer
04-19-2014, 06:05 AM
After playing GTA from the first PS1 version I tried getting into Saints Row but couldn't it just seems really strange to me.

I have brought the most recent one and played it for a while and it's funny but to random for me the story line I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vattumannen
04-19-2014, 12:27 PM
After playing GTA from the first PS1 version I tried getting into Saints Row but couldn't it just seems really strange to me.

I have brought the most recent one and played it for a while and it's funny but to random for me the story line I mean.

You're obviously not gonna "get" SR4 if you don't get the rest of the games in the series. Some people prefer more serious plots like with GTA, and that's totally cool.
I love extravagant and ridiculous things that still make sense in some capacity, so Saints Row is definitely the game for me.
I was basically raised on this game series though. 8 years of my life have been influenced by this series and all of its great characters, Johnny Gat and the Boss have always been my greatest role models, so this series really means a lot to me.

Naked Gamer
04-19-2014, 12:29 PM
You're obviously not gonna "get" SR4 if you don't get the rest of the games in the series. Some people prefer more serious plots like with GTA, and that's totally cool.
I love extravagant and ridiculous things that still make sense in some capacity, so Saints Row is definitely the game for me.
I was basically raised on this game series though. 8 years of my life have been influenced by this series and all of its great characters, Johnny Gat and the Boss have always been my greatest role models, so this series really means a lot to me.

I've half played all the saint row games weirdly, guess I just hope for a GTA like game probably.

Funny though I haven't played the newest GTA yet.

Vattumannen
04-19-2014, 12:37 PM
I've half played all the saint row games weirdly, guess I just hope for a GTA like game probably.

Funny though I haven't played the newest GTA yet.

The most "GTA-like" game in the series was probably the first one, Volition is trying to make a distinction between the two. It's never any good sitting in the shadow of a different game series.

I doubt I'll ever play the newest GTA. That series just doesn't interest me any more.

Naked Gamer
04-19-2014, 12:44 PM
That's actually probably true there but better and more realistic graphics is another thing that catches my attention also.

Vattumannen
04-19-2014, 01:00 PM
That's actually probably true there but better and more realistic graphics is another thing that catches my attention also.

Graphics don't make a game, imo. Tetris will keep me entertained for far longer than any Call ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) of Doggy ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) game ever will, same with Saints Row. The graphics are decent, hey, they're even pretty good, but just because I'm not seeing every little detail that could possibly make it look better doesn't make the game any better or worse.
Edit: inserted another link because lol.

Naked Gamer
04-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Graphics don't make a game, imo. Tetris will keep me entertained for far longer than any Call of Doggy ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) game ever will, same with Saints Row. The graphics are decent, hey, they're even pretty good, but just because I'm not seeing every little detail that could possibly make it look better doesn't make the game any better or worse.

That's true cause COD ghost killed it this year and not in a good way!!

Vattumannen
04-22-2014, 10:30 AM
People should respond to my poll tho :V

Vattumannen
04-23-2014, 07:59 AM
i just found a gamebreaking bug at the end of the game on co-op, where you freefall in the powersuit. The co-op player ALWAYS dies, no matter what. Apparently this has been a problem for a long time and Volition has yet to figure out how to fix it. :/

Vattumannen
05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
So does anybody have any cute Saints Row headcanons?
My favorite headcanon is MtF Asha Odekar and FtM Matt Miller. I never roleplay Matt like that, but I have an MtF Asha blog. uvu