PDA

View Full Version : In need of a new phone... suggestions?

Addict
03-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Long story short, I had my 21st a few days ago and I might have laid my iphone face-down on a couple slices of pizza, then slept on top of all of it. :bilmem: Phone still works except the earpiece (what I hear other talk out of, I think that's the term for it, that what I call it at least) barely works. Like, if the volume level went from 0-100, I hear about a 15. xD Anyways, I've been due for an upgrade since Jan 1st, but my phone was working fine until now so I wasn't too worried. But now I can't really accept any calls now and I have a lot of business and school stuff I deal with so that needs to change asap.

Sprint is my carrier, I'm looking to spend ~$100, up to 300 though if it's really going to make that big of a difference (since I'll be stuck with it for 2 years, might as well be happy) I'm really only looking for something that will work well, has a at least 16g of memory, a decent camera (doesn't have to be too ridiculous), and will fit into my pocket. Anything extra is just that, extra :P

My friend suggested the Galaxy S5 when it comes out, I've always been an iphone guy though so I'm stuck between that. But they again, I don't know shit about phones really so there might be some brand I've never heard of that blows all of those out of the water.

Anyways, suggestions, reviews, etc. are all helpful :)

Maison
03-29-2014, 12:19 PM
If you want a iphone i would wait till they release the 6

Swablu
03-29-2014, 12:21 PM
I have the Galaxy S4 and my mom has the iPhone 5.

I have way less issues with the Galaxy than my mom does with her iPhone.

I highly recommend the Galaxy.

j03
03-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Nexus 5 is the best phone I've ever had. I've had the galaxy S4 and it was good but this phone cost less and does a better job in terms of performance and quality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Addict
03-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Well unless the iphone 6 is coming out in the next couple weeks I don't think I can wait that long.

A few of my friends have the S4, I don't hear too many complains, but with that being said, I'd just wait for the S5.

Out of the nexus 5 and from what anyone's heard from the S5 which would you recommend?

EdenQueen
03-29-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't know about the Nexus, but if your pizzatastrophe is a common occurrence, perhaps you should jump on the Galaxy5 train. Along with many other cool features, the Galaxy5 is waterproof (up to 30m if I remember correctly).

I've owned two LGs and then switched to the GalaxyI when it was brand new. Ever since I've been with samsung and I will be for a long time to come. I'll be buying the Galaxy5 for myself as soon as it comes out in April. SO STOKED

IFapAlot
03-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Get a note3, though it might be out of your spending range. The phone is awesome imo

Addict
03-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah I saw that feature on the galaxy 5 about being waterproof after people had mentioned it here. My iphone also survived a toilet bowl dip about a year ago, so I could see it happening again. I'll likely preorder a galaxy 5. It'd be cool to have the day it comes out too :P (I'm that type of guy lol)
IFapAlot I saw the note 3, but didn't really see what was so special? My mother has a note 2 and that thing is the size of my tablet...

Swablu
03-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Addict I know someone who is thinking of getting the S5. She's really looking forward to it. My friend is getting the 4 once the 5 comes out, and I'm hoping to get the 5 at some point in the future once my contract is up.
But I highly recommend the Galaxy. My moms bf got the 5s or 5c or whatever it's called and he doesn't seem to like it all that much. (The newest one)

davis52
06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
S5 for sure

yoshiowner
07-13-2014, 03:10 AM
Take a look in Xperia Z2 too, it seems good as i saw.

ebeb
09-30-2014, 01:34 PM
I think android offers more flexibility than ios.
So as ur friend suggested, samsung s5 will be great