PDA

View Full Version : The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Katie
03-29-2014, 12:55 AM
I tried to log on to my user account on my laptop the other day and got this message. I've never seen it before in my life. My step-dad managed to get internet to the guest account that's on my laptop so that's what I'm currently using.

I'm running Windows 7.

Has anyone ever gotten this message before?
Were you able to fix it? How?

txtsd
03-29-2014, 01:12 AM
I watched this through, it should work.
He says to press F8 to get into boot options. It could be different on your machine. It could be F12 or Esc, so try that if F8 doesn't work.
You need to start tapping it from the moment your machine restarts. That's the easiest way for most people :P

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Katie
03-29-2014, 01:26 AM
The problem with editing the registry is if you fuck up, you fuck up your whole computer. I've also seen on other forums that this seems to fix the problem for about a month or so at a time before it goes back to not working.

txtsd
03-29-2014, 01:36 AM
The problem with editing the registry is if you fuck up, you fuck up your whole computer. I've also seen on other forums that this seems to fix the problem for about a month or so at a time before it goes back to not working.
That's true, but in this case, you know what you're doing.
Also, even if it only works for a little while, at least you can get into your account.
You can then backup your stuff, and reinstall Windows if you absolutely have to.
Or switch to Linux and not have to deal with Windows problems. You can run Windows programs on Linux via Wine.
But that's comparable to turning gay because you don't like the other gender :P

Katie
03-29-2014, 01:37 AM
Yeah I saw that post on Lamebook too.

txtsd
03-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Yeah I saw that post on Lamebook too.
wut? o.o

Katie
03-29-2014, 09:22 AM

That.

txtsd
03-29-2014, 09:41 AM

That.
Oh pfft.

alien
05-07-2014, 03:16 PM
(This is an old thread but I just came across it, and this post might be useful:)

Happened to me too, a few months ago. I pressed F8 to get to the startup menu, and chose "Safe Mode with Networking" and it let me log in to my profile on that mode. Then I just restored my system to my last restore point using "System Restore" and tada - my user profile was fixed. Was able to log into it on normal startup mode after that.