PDA

View Full Version : I sit on my ass all day and stay a solid 119 lbs... but...

Banannie
03-12-2014, 01:46 PM
So, I have a very fast metabolism. I also eat pretty healthy and in small amounts. Like yesterday I had a yogurt, then a few hours later four dolmas, and then tea, two cookies, and an apple before bed.

I don't do a lot of physical activity, and I'm pretty thin. If I don't work out, and eat a lot of crap during the holiday season I go up to about 119-122, and during the summer I get down to 114 or less.

But I'm starting to get worried that just being thin isn't going to cut it in a few years, I'm 26 now and I need to get in shape while I'm younger so that I can be a healthy middle aged adult.

The thing is, aside from hiking, I don't really know 'how' to excersise. I never really learned all the stretches or even where to begin! Help!

I have pretty much no muscles, barely any strength! How and where do I start, how many days a week? What do I start with?

Any and all tips are appreciated. I want to be healthier by my 27th b-day.

Naked Gamer
03-12-2014, 01:51 PM
You're fucking lucky! I have a slow Metabolism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banannie
03-12-2014, 02:01 PM
You're fucking lucky! I have a slow Metabolism.

I'm not healthy, though. I'm happy I'm thin, but a bigger woman who works out more would have a better shape than I do. I need to get healthy, I would like to live a long life.

My 65 year old dad is in better shape than I am.

Naked Gamer
03-12-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm not healthy, though. I'm happy I'm thin, but a bigger woman who works out more would have a better shape than I do. I need to get healthy, I would like to live a long life.

My 65 year old dad is in better shape than I am.

Start eating more Fish, salad, fruit, lean meats and Almond nuts about a hand full.

You will be sweet then, I need to do that same I go for walks but cause I can't cook for shit I eat frozen meals from time to time.

Cute
03-12-2014, 02:33 PM
HEADS UP I'M NO PROFESSIONAL SO I COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT WHATEVER I SUGGEST
Okay so same omg my weight fluctuates between like 114-119ish depending on if my chocolate addiction is on/off or if i'm at school eating too much or at home sleeping more and eating less, but i decided recently that i'm waaay too lazy and weak and don't do anything besides sit around. :( I started going to the gym twice a week, but only like half an hour each time. It'd be better to stay long obviously, but I just go for a bit before the end of the day and just run the whole time, (with warm up and cool down obv). I'm not too worried about weight but I'm just trying to have a bit of exercise in my life to stay healthy, which I think is the case with you. I have other lazy friends too that have decided to come with me so it's motivation. ^__^
I don't really know the best work out programs or anything, but if you have a gym by your house/work/school/whatever place you visit frequently it would be a good idea to set a weekly routine for at least once a week if you can't fit more into your schedule, and just drop by there before heading home or heading out to wherever. Get friends or family to go with you to encourage you to follow your schedule! Or even just going on evening walks with the dog or sister or best friend and going around a few blocks is good for your heart and mental health too I think. If you have a bike, ride that to places instead of driving or your usual transport.
If you want to gain muscle, try going on a cross trainer to run, for stamina and muscle, and do like little weights and those arm pull machines where you sit on your bum and pull. Try like 15 minutes of warm up with stretches, light jogging, a bit of light weights, then a half hour run on the cross trainer or treadmill, then cool down by decreasing your speed and lighter jogging, then at the end do a bit more muscle training if you want.
Also, skipping is a really good aerobic exercise to stay fit and gain stamina.
SOO basically do a warm up, lift some easy weights, run for building stamina, cool down, do some more weights if you feel like it, then end your day because you're exhausted by now and don't want to have bad memories of trying to work out then force yourself to do it again in a few days or the next day or whatever your schedule allows. :$

Banannie
03-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Start eating more Fish, salad, fruit, lean meats and Almond nuts about a hand full.

You will be sweet then, I need to do that same I go for walks but cause I can't cook for shit I eat frozen meals from time to time.

I usually eat pretty healthy, a lot of fruit, yogurt and nuts. I have a cookie jar that I fill with non salted non roasted almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts and sunflower seeds. I usually have a little bit every day, nut much of a nut person though, but they're good if I need to eat and feel full in a hurry.

I def. need to eat more veggies though, that's a fact.

Mostly, I just want to know some good beginner excerises and stretches, for how long, how many days a week, and then perhaps whatever I need to work on after that to step it up.

BGH
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
whats your height? If your within BMI then its not a big deal. however if you want to get more fit you will have to go to the to the gym and workout. Also don't hike, hiking will make you lose weight since its mostly cardio. Although cardio is great, you are trying to gain weight, once you gain say 10 pounds then you can slowly put in cardio into your workout plan. The cardio I recommend is swimming/running or jogging/biking/hiking if your into that. Swimming is the healthiest for overall health.

Assuming your a girl and you want to gain a bit of weight, the exercises I recommend are mostly ones that build your core. I don't really know most of the exercises women do since for males and females its different, some of the ones I would suggest are squats for sure. Squats will give you a firm butt. Lift off Lunges, mermaid push ups, leg raises with a ball, sit ups, crunches, tricep extensions,step ups. Women use the ball alot. Which is good for them I do not know for sure im not a girl lol.

Also in terms of reps, general rule is do 3 sets of 12-15 reps. Also do not workout more than 3 days a week. The key is consistently if you do this for 1 week and stop and do it again 4 months later it won't do shit. You gotta do this every week and you will start seeing a change after a couple months. Also you have to eat ALOT. I mean you can work out but you will gain no weight, you will just convert your current weight from fat to muscle and look more toned. You must eat to gain weight and eat alot you will know you are eating alot when you feel bloated.

If you want to get big you eat, if you want to get strong you work out. Also you probably do not have a very high metabolism, you just have a very passive lifestyle. You most likely are mesomorph with a very low calorie intake. So eat more and eat proteins like lean meat and brocolli etc. Fish/chicken/turkey. Only eat boiled. Buy protein shakes.

Lastly if I think the best place for you to go is bodybuilding.com. Just make a account and ask them for basic exercises then look up the exercises on youtube. They will help you more, you can also ask at the gym

Banannie
03-12-2014, 05:26 PM
*googles mesomorph

I have a ball, bought it at a garage sale. Should def. use it. I use it for posture when on my desktop. :P

|2eap
03-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I am in the same boat with the exceptions I played sports throughout my teenage years and lift for a living xD

however, if you are looking for a starting point I would try some yoga/ pilates classes.

work your way up from there and end with p90x xD or cross-fit. should be end goal

Banannie
03-12-2014, 11:29 PM
I just... had like... a pack of pink peeps, designer mac and cheese (that shit they add awesome ingredients to in order to reinvent boring food) and 12 beers...

Don't think my caloric intake is low.

I'm so weak. Took the trash out, tried to lift it over the lid... i was like... ggrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!! This takes too much effort!!!!

Adolfo
03-29-2014, 05:17 AM
Dude i am surprised you have that healthy routine and still you are worrying about it,Well this is a positive thing you should definitely get worried about it but the thing is keep your diet like this but try to increase your activities a bit that will help you for sure.

Banannie
05-12-2014, 01:47 AM
What sort of yoga are you doing?

learningtoneopet1
05-12-2014, 04:45 PM
This is kind of the problem I have. I'm fully grown, 5'11 and only 110 lbs even though I eat like 2500 calories a day, mainly carbs/fatty stuff... I'm in shape, but need to get my act together in terms of what eat, since I'm at a high risk of having an early-aged heart attack considering 3 other men in the past few generations of my family have had heart attacks prior to the age of 45. So hard finding healthy food that's cheap though -_-

aviv
06-11-2014, 06:01 PM
how about you start with something simple, like swimming? there are swim classes for adults- some to teach swimming, and are meant foe fitness swimming. going to a few of those for a short while could help you get a swim exercise routine started.
I recommended swimming to start with, because its a great sport that works out the entire body in a great way and keeps you fit for years to come!
Also, yoga :)