PDA

View Full Version : I eat the good things but still over weight

bsbgales
03-01-2014, 06:43 PM
That confuses me a lot. I drink enough water, i exercise about 30 minutes daily, i eat about 1400 cal. day. I`m 5.6 tall, i always eat my breakfast early morning. I basically made everything i should be doing but i`m still overweight (about 50 pounds overweight)

Any advice?

Cath
03-01-2014, 06:48 PM
What kind of exercise are you doing daily?

|2eap
03-01-2014, 06:52 PM
keep doing what you do and it will go away.
weight loss isnt over night

Octopus
03-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Make sure your doing plenty of cardio in that workout also consider boosting a few days a week to a 1hr. Half cardio have crunches and other various exercises.

EdenQueen
03-01-2014, 07:44 PM
If you aren't already, try to begin incorporating rope-skipping into your workout! I'm a competitive skipper, which is a lot of fun but even if you don't want to got crazy learning tricks and whatnot it is still an incredible cardio and full-body workout. Just skip in a spot or learn to speed-skip (run on the spot) and increase the length of the skipping routine as you improve. Otherwise, keep doing what you are doing! It'll come! Good luck.

Lavendrae
03-01-2014, 08:33 PM
HIIT cardio is good, if you care about muscle mass, weights can help you retain some while you lose weight.
Make sure for SURE you count calories. You could eat all the healthy food but if you eat over your maintenance, you will gain weight. And I know you say 1400, but for real. Write it down. I always ate more than I thought I did.
But be careful, losing weight feels awesome but it can go bad. Don't starve yourself or make yourself sick to lose weight. It's not worth the pain it causes.
--
It also isn't a bad idea to see a doctor and possibly get a nutritionist if you have that kind of insurance.

Allegra
03-01-2014, 09:01 PM
use myfitnesspal. iphone app, makes it incredibly easy to accurately count calories. Weight loss as a general rule is simply calories burned > calories consumed, and my bet is you're eating more than 1400 and are not aware of it.

Gray
03-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Cut bread and sugar if you haven't already.
Lower carb intake as well and maintain the amount of exercise you're getting.

Allegra
03-01-2014, 09:36 PM
You really don't need to lower carbs.
I'm a vegan which means like 70% of my diet is carbs lol and I'm lean

Bettser
03-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Idk. I dont understand how losing weight works. Around November/December I was 5'10 and about 195lbs. I never did any sort of exercise really but going up like 20 stairs 9-10x a day. I also ate incredibly bad. At the end of December, I moved home and still didnt work out. I stopped drinking so much, and hardly ever ate out. Now, I eat a lot of fruit and have rice/chicken/fish/salad/etc for dinner every night. In less than a month, I lost 15 lbs alone just from changing my diet/drinking habits. Honestly, if you have a healthy breakfast, fruit snack for lunch, and a big dinner consisting of the things I mentioned, and a green tea or two before bed... youre golden.

Gray
03-01-2014, 09:46 PM
You really don't need to lower carbs.
I'm a vegan which means like 70% of my diet is carbs lol and I'm lean

Well if she hasn't it could be contributing to why she hasn't lost anything. Especially if she's regularly consuming things with refined sugars.
There are tons of people who switch to a "proper" vegan diet and exercise regularly and still can't manage to lose much weight.

Everyone is completely different.

Allegra
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Well if she hasn't it could be contributing to why she hasn't lost anything. Especially if she's regularly consuming things with refined sugars.
There are tons of people who switch to a "proper" vegan diet and exercise regularly and still can't manage to lose much weight.

Everyone is completely different.

I disagree. Yes, bad carbs like refined sugars should be cut out because they don't fill you up, are addictive, and tend to encourage overeating. But if you're eating good, healthy carbs, then it won't prevent you losing weight if you have a caloric deficit. There is no need to completely rearrange your macro-nutrients unless you have a medical issue, or she's trying to support muscle growth and needs a huge amount of protein or something (which I don't think is the case?). Weight loss is about calories out over calories in and carbs don't have some magical property that messes with that, lol.
Low carb diet= maybe a large initial loss of water weight, which is redundant anyway.

bsbgales
03-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I tried with fitness pal :( I make a lot of cardio (rope, jumpy jacks and things like that), take long walks and make some resistance too. I make about 45 minutes everyday :( must be something wrong with me.

I`m celiac and got sugar resistance so i don`t eat sugar at all and nothing with gluten (like bread or cakes)

It sucks cuz in Fitness pal says that i need about 2400 cal day to maintain the weight and i`m eating under 1500 and exercising :(

BEDDOEDv
03-05-2014, 01:14 PM
you got to remember food reacts differently to different people. also do alot of walking and maybe jogging to make you sweat. there are diets out there keep in mind!

scarletfire
03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
When you say overweight, do you mean that you're overweight according to the BMI calculation? If you are, it's actually inaccurate because it overestimates when someone has high bone density or a lot of muscle. A better way to determine if you're healthy is to measure your waist circumference.

If you're just looking at the weight, it doesn't mean much if you're eating well, exercising, and living an active lifestyle.

scogland
03-26-2014, 09:05 PM
Scarlet is right, bodybuilders are obese according to the BMI scale. Find your Body Fat %, and then try to lower that by continuing to eat right, drink lots of water, lift weights, and doing cardio. Green tea is great as well, I highly suggest trying it if you haven't already. One last thing; make sure you are getting enough sleep. Without enough sleep, it has been proven that people gain weight. Try your best to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Hope I helped :)

IFapAlot
03-27-2014, 12:40 PM
You should look into High intensity interval work outs, they burn fat like crazy.

santy25105
06-20-2014, 06:15 AM
try green tea its more healthy help to loss weight fast?