PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Anime

Arsura
02-21-2014, 04:22 AM
Hi Guys!
Right I'm looking for some anime to watch in the day with Andy. (for those who don't know, Andy is only 2)
So I'm wanting animes with a good enough storyline to keep me entertained but they need to be suitable for Andy.
Colourful, pretty, kiddy looking etc is a plus.
I have tried him on deathnote but its a bit dark and he gets bored, Monster same thing.
I wanted to try Elfen lied but its a little too gory for a 2 year old I think.

Okay also looking for me and Jolz too.

Higurashi & another were both pretty good.
I have ghost hunts but not tried it yet. I really like the dark, fucked up stuff. Horror, physiological, etc.

I still have Elfen Lied to finish, I got bored of Monster.

Any ideas?

Heartunderblade
02-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Deathnote & Monster for a 2 year old? It would been pretty amazing if he could appreciate those that young!
I'd recommend Ghibli films or standard shounen fare (One Piece, FMA: Brotherhood, Hunter x Hunter, Katekyo Hitman Reborn.. etc).
Hunter x Hunter takes a pretty dark turn somewhere though.

Arsura
02-21-2014, 05:40 AM
Heartunderblade

I got a little bored of Monster around ep 23. I should really carry on. Death note he will watch but gets a little bored in some episodes which is understandable.
He wont understand the story so that doesn't really matter too much. Its more something we can watch together so I dont need to re-watch the same 5 films over and over! Haha!
He loves Ghibli, We watch them often though I don't want them to become stale though over-watching.

Thanks for the other recommendations. i was looking at One Piece and thinking of getting that today so I'll also have alot at the others you said.

Thanks!

Heartunderblade
02-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Aww Ghibli is great~
I'd go for the flashier shows rather than the psychological ones. Out of all those I recommended, One Piece is probably the most kid friendly one.
There's also of course DBZ & Naruto but I haven't actually watched those. ;P

Arsura
02-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Aww Ghibli is great~
I'd go for the flashier shows rather than the psychological ones. Out of all those I recommended, One Piece is probably the most kid friendly one.
There's also of course DBZ & Naruto but I haven't actually watched those. ;P

My partner is making me get DBZ just because he wants me to watch it more then anything. I was thinking about Naruto because i remember watching an episode a while back and it being more kid style animation.
One piece will be downloaded first then. I'm interested in that too with it being the people who did Death Note.

wrath
02-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Lol Elfen Lied is not suitable. Do not watch it with Andy. :P

NARUTO! >_>

I hate Naruto....

Full Metal Alchemist isn't too bad graphically, and it has a deadly sin theme and is sexy. It's definitely not an obsession of mine.... >_>

Arsura
02-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Lol Elfen Lied is not suitable. Do not watch it with Andy. :P

NARUTO! >_>

I hate Naruto....

Full Metal Alchemist isn't too bad graphically, and it has a deadly sin theme and is sexy. It's definitely not an obsession of mine.... >_>

and heres me expecting you to recommend Sailor Moon.
I watched the first few minutes of Elfen Lied and had to turn it off. I didnt wan't to give him nightmares! I didnt expect so many deaths in the space of 5 minutes.

wrath
02-21-2014, 09:39 AM
and heres me expecting you to recommend Sailor Moon.
I watched the first few minutes of Elfen Lied and had to turn it off. I didnt wan't to give him nightmares! I didnt expect so many deaths in the space of 5 minutes.

It isn't so bad after the initial episode, but there is plenty of inappropriateness throughout: nudity, gore, hints of incest, brutality towards animals, etc.

Tato
04-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Haha, yeah I feel like Elfen Lied is one of the more gory (yet still enjoyable) anime out there. Not to mention the nudity and animal abuse :/

Honestly, I feel like the anime they sometimes show on TV (Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc) are probably your best bet. They usually censor any overly graphic material, and a lot of adults still enjoy those shows :)

BGH
04-08-2014, 12:53 AM
My Favorites:
-Berserk
-Code Geass
-Black Lagoon
-Samurai Champloo
-Claymore
-Kaichou wa Maid-Sama

More Mainstream Favorites:
-DBZ
-Cowboy Bebop
-Inuyasha
-Trigun
-Death Note
-FMA
-Bleach

Other obvious ones are Naruto and One piece

txtsd
04-08-2014, 01:08 AM
Hi Guys!
Right I'm looking for some anime to watch in the day with Andy. (for those who don't know, Andy is only 2)
So I'm wanting animes with a good enough storyline to keep me entertained but they need to be suitable for Andy.
Colourful, pretty, kiddy looking etc is a plus.
I have tried him on deathnote but its a bit dark and he gets bored, Monster same thing.
I wanted to try Elfen lied but its a little too gory for a 2 year old I think.

Any ideas?

If you're still looking for anime for your toddler, try Heidi ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and Mowgli ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
You'll definitely like Heidi, but Mowgli is hit or miss depending on your love for the Jungle Book.

Jager
04-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Some things that I'm watching/Have watched (Which hasn't been a lot lately since I've been reading a lot more manga) are Kill la Kill, Jormungand, Attack on Titan, Hellsing, Pandora Hearts, Ergo Proxy, Darker than Black, Baccano, and Steins;Gate.

Arsura
04-08-2014, 11:01 AM
If you're still looking for anime for your toddler, try Heidi ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and Mowgli ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
You'll definitely like Heidi, but Mowgli is hit or miss depending on your love for the Jungle Book.

Thanks for this! I'm always looking. If not for the kids for me and Jolz.
Jager

Looking for things suitable for a 2 and a half year old to watch. They need to be dubbed and child friendly.
Although I have heard Attack on Titan is really good. I've not got around to watching that yet.

baileaf
04-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Sailor Moon! ;) God I loved that one. I miss it!

Jager
04-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks for this! I'm always looking. If not for the kids for me and Jolz.
Jager

Looking for things suitable for a 2 and a half year old to watch. They need to be dubbed and child friendly.
Although I have heard Attack on Titan is really good. I've not got around to watching that yet.

Um yeah none of those are suitable for a 2 1/2 year old. Maybe for you and Jolz.
I think if you have a girl you could perhaps maybe have them watch Rio: Rainbow Gate! And maybe Pokemon or hell even Digimon. I knew I grew up with those when I was a kid.
AoT is good. I prefer the manga to almost everything though :D