PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about borders?

Monark
01-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Not sure how to start this discussion, so let's start with a song I listened to:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Borders are the gallows
Of our collective national egos
Subjective, lines in sand
In the water, separating everything

Fear is the cause of separation
Backed with illicit conversations
Procured by constant condemnations
National blood-painted persuasions

Here's my song for the free
No, it's not about praise and publicity
Corprotocracy, what a hypocrisy
Aristocracy versus democracy

Fear is the cause of separation
Backed with illicit conversations
Procured by constant condemnations
National blood-painted persuasions

The king is dead and now
We're dancing in the streets
As the waters rise
We're merely covering our feet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And before you tell me that songs normally don't point problems, every single song from Serj Tankian do have a hidden message.
What do you think about borders?
Is fear really the cause of separation?
Discuss.

Emiley
01-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't like borders, the countries should not be separated between a line, all the countries should be all together.
I do not think fear is really the cause of separation.

Slasher
01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree with having borders. We presently and probably forever couldn't deal with one country named earth. Borders do not mean everyone should stay in his little place without going outside.

Carrot
01-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Borders are definitely important. If there were no boarders everything would be chaotic.

Emiley
01-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Borders are definitely important. If there were no boarders everything would be chaotic.

Oh jeez, you made me rethink about what I posted, I kind of agree with you now.

Carrot
01-29-2012, 11:17 AM
If everything was one big country, it would be impossible to govern.

Sci_Girl
01-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Borders are essential. The chaos would be too much but mostly because there would always be that one group who would be power-hungry and want to control it all. The United States government is well known for their power-hungry attitude so it would not surprise me one bit if one hypothetical day there were no borders and the once United States of America went on a rampage saying they still own this land that land oh and that land over there now-i.e Canada :(. Foreign countries I am sure would join in the power play as well. It would not be pretty.

Shichibukai
01-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah borders are very important, if one person had the power most prolly he would go corrupt and as well as that others would also think on why they didnt become the president/king while the X person was made king. Also people have different traditions and people wouldnt be able to co-operate with everyone, it doesnt mean dont go visit anywhere else but when you are at your home you act different then when you are living with a friend its just like that