PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the amount of pokemon and god

Deegow
01-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Hello,
i created this topic after thinking on the ammount of different pokemon we have nowadays...currently there are around 720 pokemons...

1 - What do you think about this ? many ppl believe it was better when there were only 151 pokemon, and many ppl believe they need even more...

2 - What do you think about Arceus, the god pokemon ?

Mod
01-28-2014, 07:41 AM
1 - I think the new ones are lame and I don't know any past Celebi & well-known Legendaries since then. Nintendo will keep pushing out more Pokemon though; they need things to stay fresh so people will keep buying their games and associated toys; it's a big business. I do foresee them running out of ideas for Pokemon though (well they already did in Gen II, there's that pinecone one and what the fuck is a Chikorita?)...maybe we're gonna see some pencil and eraser-type Pokemon soon.

2 - I think he who uses the Master Ball on Arceus will rule the universe.

Banannie
01-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Mew is number one, always and forever. I know barely any of the other Pok�mon past the first 151, I sort of pretend that the rest of them don't exist, and that Misty and Brock are still chilling with Ash.

I know they have some really weird ones now, like a garbage Pok�mon and one that looks like a Siamese twin ice cream cone. Very weird...

Lyric
01-28-2014, 07:21 PM
I don't know any beyond the first 151 either. I don't even care what they are. The first 151 are the best, it's like a sequel trying to be better than the original, rarely happens.

God pokemon? wtf?

Banannie
01-28-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't know any beyond the first 151 either. I don't even care what they are. The first 151 are the best, it's like a sequel trying to be better than the original, rarely happens.

God pokemon? wtf?

On the first day of creation, Arceus said, 'Arceus' and Arceus was created.
On the second day of creation, Arceus said, 'Arceus' and space was created.
On the third day of creation, Arceus said, 'Arceus' and light'n'dark'n'shit was created.
On the fourth day of creation, Arceus said, 'Arceus' and Pok�-Earth was created.
On the fifth day of creation, Arceus said, 'Arceus' and Pok�mon were created.
On the sixth day of creation, Arceus said, 'Arceus' and humans were created.
On the final day of creation, Arceus said, 'Speak, mother fucker.' and language was created.

Except for Pok�mon. For whatever reason.

Octopus
01-28-2014, 07:56 PM
I stopped playing pokemon when they started making all those new generation ones. Its just not the same to me at all

Deegow
02-01-2014, 10:23 PM

God pokemon? wtf?

Yep, it is a pokemon called Arceus, he is said to be like god, he created the earth and all the living things...he can be captured in one of the games and can be used to fight...

Wenis
02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Anything past diamond and pearl are super remix of pokemon already created combined with other ones

........ I honestly can say all of the generations had a few stupid pokemon in each of them but black and white are the worst of all .... its not the same anymore ive played them all and I can honestly say that Heart Gold and Soul Silver are my favs because it combines the old with the new and turns it into a two region game that is pretty developed

each generation of pokemon have their own swag and I love that *except for black and white lelz*

I can honestly say that i could not pick one generation being better than others because i honestly enjoyed playing thru all of them until black and white

....like i think they are really out of ideas now lelz

I_royalty_I
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Nothing beats Pokemon Red & Blue... Might as well toss Yellow in there too.
I never got too into anything after that!

As for a Pokemon God, now they are taking it entirely too far. But hey, gotta squeeze every little penny that they can eh?

piratez
02-02-2014, 10:27 AM
It's fine if they make a ton of new pokemon in my opinion. It makes sense anyways, in that there are different regions, which should imply different pokemon. It would be quite boring if they kept the same 151 throughout each region.
Also, the target demographic is children, and to them, the game is still what red/blue set out to be - an adventure.

As for Arceus, I think he's a really cool pokemon.

I've played every gen except gen 6 since I don't have a 3ds, and I've enjoyed every single one of them.

Sprite
02-03-2014, 01:47 AM
To me people who say that any pokemon past the original 151 are not real / good / bad are not proper fans. I mean Hoenn was my favorite region. Plus a few of the new pokemon are absolutely terrible but then you look at exeggcute and Electrode / Voltob.
Plus x & y is absolutely amazing and all these new regions are making the world of pokemon so much better with every release in my opinion.

Since I'm not religious at all, I'm indifferent to Arceus. Though I don't like how they decided to add the creator of pokemon half way through the series instead of the beginning.

Fran
02-03-2014, 04:06 AM
1) All this massive new pokemons are mostly lame and don't have the charm of the old school ones. There are so many now I just can't keep track of them since they keep growing like weed. Old school ftw and I like to know every pokemon in depth but I don't feel like bothering with hundred new ones.

2) Arceus is cool but Mew, Celebi and Jirachi own my heart.

Curbstomp336
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Being a 90s kid form day one, I quit playing them after silver and gold. Still play pokemon red, blue, yellow on emulators ^_^

kieshun
02-03-2014, 05:40 PM
in my opinion, pokemon went downhill when the games switched over main platforms, from gameboy to DS. so i think hoenn was the last good region. when everything switched over, everything changed drastically, cards, games artwork, names, graphics, everything. its almost like another company bought out the franchise.