PDA

View Full Version : Best fat loss workouts?

Anhedonia
01-26-2014, 02:33 AM
I'm looking to drop 10 pounds and be a lot more in shape before summer, any advice?

Cath
01-26-2014, 02:36 AM
I was actually going to create the exact same thread. However, looking to lose about 15 pounds before summer! I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread for more advices.

Anhedonia
01-26-2014, 02:39 AM
well hopefully someone will help us out :)

Puke
01-26-2014, 02:41 AM
If your into Pilates this is one of my favorites: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Includes numerous videos: total body and highlighted areas like butt, abs, legs and thighs.
Cassie includes workout calenders ranging from beginning to advanced. She also puts up menu plans and recipes.

Slytherin
01-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Cardio works really well for me !

Cath
01-26-2014, 02:53 AM
Cardio works really well for me !

How many hours a week would you suggest to do to have significant results within ~6 months? :p

Slytherin
01-26-2014, 02:54 AM
How many hours a week would you suggest to do to have significant results within ~6 months? :p

I'm no expert xD But I try do work out at least 4 days a week for about an hour or so!

Anhedonia
01-26-2014, 02:55 AM
i currently work 5 days a week for a minimum of 4 hours. so including that exercise that i'm doing walking around and making pizza, how many hours would you suggest a week or day? :o

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

I'm no expert xD But I try do work out at least 4 days a week for about an hour or so!

you dont mind me asking what your rate on loss is do you? :(

Slytherin
01-26-2014, 02:57 AM
i currently work 5 days a week for a minimum of 4 hours. so including that exercise that i'm doing walking around and making pizza, how many hours would you suggest a week or day? :o

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

you dont mind me asking what your rate on loss is do you? :(

Well I'm eating better too but I'd say 3pounds a month or something? Not entirely sure :S Haven't weighed myself in a while !

Anhedonia
01-26-2014, 02:58 AM
that's actually perfect! :) if i lost about 3 pounds per month i would be down to 110 by june! thank you so much

Slytherin
01-26-2014, 02:59 AM
that's actually perfect! :) if i lost about 3 pounds per month i would be down to 110 by june! thank you so much

Good luck ! (:

Anhedonia
01-26-2014, 04:51 AM
Good luck ! (:
thank you! ill do my best!

Allegra
01-26-2014, 07:53 AM
google high intensity interval training
gives you the most bang for your buck, per say.

Anhedonia
01-26-2014, 01:29 PM
i keep getting googles about green coffee bean extract helping you burn fat does anyone have a confirmation on this?

zxzero
01-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Watch your calorie intake, it takes about 3500 calories to gain 1 pound of fat/muscle. so if you cut your calories down by 500 each day then in 1 week you will lose 1 pound. If you feel that 500 calories is too much, add in some cardio to help you lose 250 calories and then just cut your calories down by 250. So then you don't have to cut down eating by as much.

You do need a certain amount of calorie intake just to survive and stay the same weight. Here is a little chart that shows the average intake needed, everyone is different and sometimes you personally need a little less or more. Site is below.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

So, let's look at the information I have given now. Let's say you are a female at the age of 18, you are 130 pounds, and you are 5'3". If you are not that active you need about 2,200 calories each day just to maintain the weight you are at right now; like I said before it may vary slightly. Now, your goal to lose weight is 1 pound per week. If you cut your calories down to 1,700 (500 calories per day) then after 1 week you would lose 1 pound of fat/muscle. However, if you enjoy eating or whatever the case may be and you do not want to cut that many calories just by eating then you could mix cardio into it. So now you have to cut down to 1,950 calories plus add in some cardio to cut the other 250 calories down, in the end you would still be losing 500 calories per day.

I hope this helped and wasn't too long. xD ghostlyTrickster Cath

Roslyn
01-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Cardio = fat loss.
Look into some kind of program like Insanity or if it's near where you are, Crossfit.

I myself am an old fashioned runner. I trek maybe two to six miles five days a week.

Pookie
01-26-2014, 11:25 PM
run your ass off, no more sugar. youll be set

Anhedonia
01-27-2014, 03:25 AM
im a sweet tooth which sucks

vampyd1977
01-29-2014, 07:35 PM
gotta lay off the sugar, eat better exercise more. job sorted.

vluos
01-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Really depends on what you eat and not so much how much you eat. Balance out the calories and exercise frequently :) I frequently do high intensity cardio to burn off those calories

Niel
02-01-2014, 12:42 AM
You have highlighted such a sensible question basically its something we normally talk about but have nothing much to do with it,It needs proper attention an appropriate diet which works for sure.Given suggestions are making sense.

physical therapy emr ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Mod
02-01-2014, 05:23 AM
^ ...u w0t m8?

Vegeance
02-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Eating smaller portions seems to do the trick for me. Then add in a daily 60-minute walk or play some badminton.

gatorbait408
02-18-2014, 07:47 AM
I see someone has already suggested it, but Insanity. It works. Just like any other work out, you get out what you give in. If you're willing to put in the work, I'd definitely try it out. (There's...cheaper alternatives as opposed to actually buying the whole program itself.)

If high intensity cardio isn't the way to go for you, I'd just focus on eating healthier altogether. It's not hard, just try to keep a mental tally of around how many calories you're taking in per meal. And also some cardio. Even if it's light cardio. Little is better than nothing.

Naked Gamer
02-25-2014, 05:32 AM
Look into the Keto Diet

scarletfire
03-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Dropping 10lbs of fat
1lb of fat = 3500kCals, so 10lbs of fat = 35,000kCal
Approximately 10 weeks until summer
35,000kCal / 10 weeks = 3500kCal per week

- You need to have an energy deficit of 3500kCal per week, which can be achieved by eating 500kCal less per day (compared to what you are eating now), and by increasing physical activity or exercise by 500kCal per day
- Because you are already exercising, you can increase the duration of exercise, frequency of exercise, intensity of exercise, and/or the number of exercises.

Source: Kinesiology student

purekilla
03-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I personally lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks using insanity, I cut out the 2 liters or so of Mt. Dew I drank daily and cut back on my intake of oreo's and things like that. I didn't really get into fruits or anything like that, i just tried to cut out the high sugar pop and snacks, did the 1 hour (or less) video everyday that i was supposed to as i followed the schedule of the insanity work out and it worked like a charm. Note: I was 5' 10'' and over 200 pounds when i started insanity.

After 4 weeks I got bored and quit, however I started college and gained back those 15 pounds quickly with pop daily and no exercise so I will be starting insanity again soon, this time however I plan to do the pure cardio almost every day instead of doing the videos in a normal order as i'm just in it for the weight loss this time.

JM999
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
I personally lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks using insanity, I cut out the 2 liters or so of Mt. Dew I drank daily and cut back on my intake of oreo's and things like that. I didn't really get into fruits or anything like that, i just tried to cut out the high sugar pop and snacks, did the 1 hour (or less) video everyday that i was supposed to as i followed the schedule of the insanity work out and it worked like a charm. Note: I was 5' 10'' and over 200 pounds when i started insanity.

After 4 weeks I got bored and quit, however I started college and gained back those 15 pounds quickly with pop daily and no exercise so I will be starting insanity again soon, this time however I plan to do the pure cardio almost every day instead of doing the videos in a normal order as i'm just in it for the weight loss this time.

A 2 liter Mt Dew has about 1000 cals in it, just cutting that out daily over a week and you are looking at 2 lbs difference .. your diet in this case would have alot bigger impact on your weight than your exercise routine, for the most part, as long as you get about 10k steps (or its equivalent in other exercises) a day and watch the cal intake, you'll shed weight at a good pace (you won't be ripped or anything, but, thats a completely different beast lol)

Soda really inhibits weight loss simply because its so easy to drink calories you dont realize you are pumping in

Naked Gamer
03-25-2014, 01:21 AM
cut out carbs and go for a run, works well.

IFapAlot
03-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Look up Insanity work out, imo its the best one for losing fat. Its really tough though

santy25105
06-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Don't eat fast food and maintain your healthy diet which provide you good health and drinking more water in hole day