PDA

View Full Version : Android vs Apple

Kyotix
01-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Not sure if there is a post on this already but im making one.

What do you have? Is it rooted or jailbroken?

If you have questions or comments on them, please feel free to share.

Skarl
01-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Have a "Droid;" love it. I was really hesitant to venture into the SmartPhone realm. What turned me off -- aside from the touchscreen technology (my hands sweat sometimes, gross) -- was being constantly available to people. I did delete some of the stock crap that came on it that you're normally denied access to... no complaints/problems.

Have friends with iPhones. Not really too into this yet to make a comparison.

Demetri
01-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Can't go wrong with a jail broken iPhone. I've has once since the first in 07

j03
01-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Can't go wrong with a jail broken iPhone. I've has once since the first in 07

I'd rather have a phone that is always "jailbroken". But even then, the Android OS is far more superior compared to iOS lol.

Raj
01-22-2014, 08:47 AM
android is the shit, apple has some cool features and is a bit more functional for the avg smartphone user but androids are more my forte. esp if theyre rooted

Jules
01-22-2014, 08:51 AM
I have an iPhone, not jail broken. I love it mainly because I've had an iPhone for 3 years so I know how to use it and do everything on it, but every time I use a friend's android I don't really know how to do anything on it. I'm not very good with technology so I think the iPhone is just a little more user-friendly for people like me who just want an easy to use smartphone

Banannie
01-23-2014, 01:25 PM
I've had both and I like them equally. I wish that iphones had a keyboard, though, because my first Android did and that made typing a lot easier. My phone is a year and a half old and is starting to act kinda wonky with the touch screen. probably because it's never had a cover. Amazingly, the screen hasn't broken yet.

I enjoy the fun games that you can use on an iPhone. I'm unsure if they are Android compatible. I'm addicted to Tiny Zoo Friends. :P

Thediaryofjane
01-25-2014, 11:36 AM
I have an Android phone and an iPad, not rooted/jailbroken (yet). I prefer Android :)

bsbgales
03-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I`ve got an android tab and an apple laptop and i hate them both :)

DarkByte
03-05-2014, 12:48 PM
I love my android , used to have iphones but there so generic and simple. Android stock os on a nexus is great! Root isnt really needed on a nexus for free apps just enable downloading from outside playstore in settings and goto a site with free full apps , simple as that!

h t x
03-15-2014, 10:37 PM
I feel like jailbreaking has a wider range modifications to tweak your phone then just getting a android.

parakeet
03-19-2014, 01:40 PM
Apple all da way!

Stock

Accelerator
03-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Android! :D

Swablu
03-19-2014, 10:42 PM
I have an Android. My mom has an iPhone. I prefer the Android and I have a lot less problems with my phone than she does with hers.
There always seems to be a problem with Apple phones/products and I've never had a problem with the droid.

Rambo
03-20-2014, 06:57 AM
iPhone! way more smooth and cleaner then Android, plus Siri and iTunes Sync makes it all worthwhile.

nitro
03-20-2014, 12:57 PM
iPhone. Reliable updates, nice design, and easy to use are some nice features. Android is filled with bloatware and is not intuitive at all. What are Android updates lol.

DarthD
04-13-2014, 01:30 PM
android. it's much more universal and cheaper. apple is nice, but meh

chiro
04-13-2014, 05:23 PM
I bounce between them both. At the moment, I prefer apple.

Effektivv
06-02-2014, 10:08 PM
My stock s5 is better than a jailbroken iphone 5
Also rooting my phone doesnt void warrenty.

Apple stopped competing, android will always be better and has since s2

My phone runs ps1, ds, n64 and psp emulators flawlessly.
I can download movies and music on the go.
my battery life is insane
my camera is better for pictures and video
I cant think of one thing apple is doing better tbh.

eclipsen
06-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Gonna say Apple, but I don't know much about Android so I can't give a really even opinion either way. :P

Thirty33
06-05-2014, 11:05 PM
If jailbreak allows gonna go for IOS

If not android still come first :D

Saria
06-06-2014, 04:19 AM
I own an iPhone and still vote Android. I shouldn't complain with what I've got, but with Apple products you're just paying for the brand, whereas with Android you're actually paying for the product.

Thirty33
06-06-2014, 04:22 AM
I own an iPhone and still vote Android. I shouldn't complain with what I've got, but with Apple products you're just paying for the brand, whereas with Android you're actually paying for the product.

But overall with a jailbroken IOS I personally think it have more stuff within than Android

Saria
06-06-2014, 04:28 AM
But overall with a jailbroken IOS I personally think it have more stuff within than Android
I suppose that would depend on the person and what they use their phone for, but I think you're correct app wise because of the influence and popularity of Apple products.

Thommy
06-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Realistically at this time, Android is the Unix of mobile OS's

IOS you are buying a brand more than anything, and to get the best bang for the cloud/cross platform buck you get locked into a whole slew of apple products for everything.

In the end, the OS of the mobile device is largely irrelevant - most Apps that are useful or possibly essential exist for both, only one (Apple) though has the authority (via agreements) to remove stuff from your phone - if you are against that big brother kinda thing.

auzereis
06-06-2014, 03:10 PM
droid all the way.
my first droid was htc evo and i used it for a very long time cause i was able to keep on flashing new roms.

updated to an s4 and loving this and prolly last me another few years

dexter1ty
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Android. I would've stuck with iOS (hundreds of $ invested in apps) but thanks to Samsung's promo code glitch, I've got quite a bit of money on the Google Play store.

katalyst
06-22-2014, 03:34 PM
TBH, I don't know what rooted means. Im guessing like, cracked or something?

yoshiowner
07-13-2014, 04:21 AM
Apple is good for riches. Android are almost the same as apple and have a cheaper price.

Integra
07-21-2014, 07:16 AM
I've had an iPhone for 6 years now. I've skiped the S generation each time, until they change the release cycle, coming soon I have no doubts there. The problem is once you have a device like this, and you buy apps for it, you're basically locked in unless you ditch them all and start again with a different manufacturer because the OS isn't interchangeable to a non Apple device.

DarkByte
07-21-2014, 06:36 PM
I've had an iPhone for 6 years now. I've skiped the S generation each time, until they change the release cycle, coming soon I have no doubts there. The problem is once you have a device like this, and you buy apps for it, you're basically locked in unless you ditch them all and start again with a different manufacturer because the OS isn't interchangeable to a non Apple device.

Well on droid u can just tick a option that says "let me download apps outside the app store" , then just get them off google for free lol.

j03
07-22-2014, 12:02 AM

Isn't the S generation always the improved model?

Anyways, I remember going from the 4S to a Galaxy S4 and completely forgot about the Apple ways within a day. It's all about preference, though.

Integra
07-22-2014, 12:09 AM
Well on droid u can just tick a option that says "let me download apps outside the app store" , then just get them off google for free lol.

I don't doubt Droid's abilities in the new day too much, the problem is that I got to trial a Droid tablet in Year 12 at high school and my opinion of it was that it was slow, unresponsive and unintuitive at the time (I also had an iPad to compare it to which probably didn't help its case then) I've played around with a colleagues Galaxy Note first generation and I concede that wasn't a bad phone when it came out, newer models are probably even better again.

Fleur
07-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Only smart phone brands I've been with is Blackberry and iPhone. Blackberries are good for calls/msgs/emails etc. but they have a pretty shitty app store. iPhone is awesome! I've played around with androids before but they seem to have a lot of pre-installed apps that look kinda clunky/unnecessary to me but I dunno, never really owned one so I can't say for sure that iPhones are "better" than androids. I'm sure they have their own strengths and weaknesses

Edit: I dislike using touch-screen keyboards. Despite already getting used to my iPhone's keyboard, it's still somewhat annoying to use. Same with my iPad. I prefer my old Blackberry with a button-keyboard (if that's what you call it?) over any on screen keyboard any day. Plus my Blackberry was super sturdy and sustained many drops. :P

Josh
07-22-2014, 12:52 AM
For the longest time, I always supported apple. Then I got an android, and would never got back. iOS is great for people new to smartphones. But other then that, its a piece of shit. I refuse to pay for a license just to be able to develop apps for iphone. Plus most android phones can be easily rooted. And even if it cant, theres not much of a difference anyways. iOS sucks without a jailbreak, and those are becoming harder to make. If you buy an iphone, you are simply paying for the name.

Plus apple always claimed to be "virus free". Which is bullshit considering I made a basic virus for mac when I was like 13. And I know people who did it when they were younger.

Edit: Whoever voted "Iphone stock", PLEASE let me know what drugs you're on. I wanna try them. iphone stock is worthless.

Edit: I dislike using touch-screen keyboards. Despite already getting used to my iPhone's keyboard, it's still somewhat annoying to use. Same with my iPad. I prefer my old Blackberry with a button-keyboard (if that's what you call it?) over any on screen keyboard any day. Plus my Blackberry was super sturdy and sustained many drops. :P

LG enact. Cheap android phone with a physical keyboard. Its what I have, and I love it. (I bitched at verizon until they gave me a new phone, since I had like a year until I could upgrade)

Faerie
07-22-2014, 02:07 AM
I honestly owned both, and I like both maybe Apple a bit more because of the apps.

eggloo
07-23-2014, 10:37 PM
i just pretty much stuck with iphone and ios ever since the beginning. guess im a fan

Integra
07-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Edit: Whoever voted "Iphone stock", PLEASE let me know what drugs you're on. I wanna try them. iphone stock is worthless.

I can assure you of one thing Josh, I'm not on drugs. I just so happen to very rarely need a phone that does any more then be a phone, so I only use it as a phone. Its just that because its on a business plan, I get a new phone every couple of years, theres no point getting something cheap and shitty when I'm paying the same for the plan.