PDA

View Full Version : You have new disputes. Go to Resolution Center.....paypal

John
01-26-2012, 12:43 AM
is this a cb? ive never been cbed before. or is there a way to not lose my $100....

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 12:47 AM
That is a CB. I've never won a CB...so I cannot help you here :/ Uhm. You could try and provide proof of delivery, or something. But since selling virtual goods is not protected by Paypal...

John
01-26-2012, 12:49 AM
i have no idea who it is. but i will post the email i guess. FUCK

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

i know its a clraik member

Nodochi
01-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Yep, you got CBed. Was it a gift payment? Or a normal payment?

If its a gift, you're about 50/50 to win/lose. If its a normal payment, and you didn't tell them to pay via gift, then give up, you're never seeing that money.

John
01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
i believe it was gift method. but its possible i missed something. anyone know how i can check.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

fucking wonderful. i gotta figure out what i sold for $97

John
01-26-2012, 12:59 AM
anyone have tips on this?

Victoria
01-26-2012, 01:00 AM
You should be able to check though your transaction history in paypal.

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:02 AM
I just had that happen to me- they also fucking charge you a 25$ fucking fee for a CB-- so in the end it costs you what you sold + fucking money!!!

The dispute can last up to 30 days!!! I finally called paypal and asked them what was the chance I would win the dispute- they said they didnt know and if i had no proof-- the credit card company would side with her.

Good luck! Too bad they CB'd you. That is why I do not keep any money in my paypal account other than like 10$-- everything else is transferred to my bank- and I remove my bank info just in case something like that happens!

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:05 AM
^^ That's the smart thing to do.

Google Checkout charged me like $130. And they CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. and you need an account to access to get the Order #s to contact them....so I cou;dnt do anything about it. it was so dumb.

Harry Potter
01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Sucks to hear you were cb'ed.

If you figure out who did it send me a pm and we can try and work something out.

John
01-26-2012, 01:07 AM
wait what? i cant use the account until the cb is closed?

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:10 AM
No no. :P Google Checkout closed my account.

Nodochi
01-26-2012, 01:11 AM
How do you not know who it was? Surely you keep records?

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:12 AM
During your CB you can NOT remove your bank info- use the funds in your account or anything. Everything is put on hold!!! Remember up to 30 days!!

contra
01-26-2012, 01:13 AM
I just had that happen to me- they also fucking charge you a 25$ fucking fee for a CB-- so in the end it costs you what you sold + fucking money!!!

The dispute can last up to 30 days!!! I finally called paypal and asked them what was the chance I would win the dispute- they said they didnt know and if i had no proof-- the credit card company would side with her.

Good luck! Too bad they CB'd you. That is why I do not keep any money in my paypal account other than like 10$-- everything else is transferred to my bank- and I remove my bank info just in case something like that happens!

Wtf? Paypal charges you $25 whenever you get CB'd? That never happened to me before, but I haven't been selling NPs recently...

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:15 AM
It happened to me-- now mind you the person who paid me the money than did the CB 1 week later used her credit card- so her credit card company charged me the CB fee-- not sure if it is different if they had that money already sitting in there or what. Just call paypal and ask them.

Not sure why they would charge ME for the CB and not her... pissed me!!!

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:16 AM
So if you transfer the money to bank, remove bank....then get more money, add bank account, transfer, remove, youre safe?

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Yes- because they wont have your bank info on file-- the only thing is if another CB happens-- you paypal account will go negative-- because they hold the funds that the person wants back... so you unless you wanna pay them back the money they are trying to CB- you will have to make another paypal account... so fuck'em keep your self safe and remove you bank info!!! Because if you don't they will take whatever funds you owe from you bank in a blink of an eye!!

Bailey
01-26-2012, 01:21 AM
with paypal you are never safe, if the money isn't in your paypal, your account goes negative that amount and if you keep it negative they charge you like 5 bucks as a like overdraft thing, that's what happened to me and then i got charged a 20 dollar fee from paypal because of the chargeback, that's why when you are using paypal keep immaculate records of everything including items being sent as proof so you don't get screwed.

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:24 AM
I usually take screenshots of all the trades and stuff I make, but the thing is they don't know if I actually did or not. And its virtual goods, so they will not protect under that.

Meagan
01-26-2012, 01:25 AM
During your CB you can NOT remove your bank info- use the funds in your account or anything. Everything is put on hold!!! Remember up to 30 days!!

So you're saying if I did $10 trade and got a CB a month later my bank account linked to it will be locked up as well as my paypal account? Thank you for confirming, I will never do a trade here with anyone, it's one thing to fuck with a neopets trade but another thing when it affects my family. Maybe other adults will catch on and not let this affect their real life bills.

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Removing your bank info is the safest way- and transferring the money you want to keep to your bank if safe as well. Paypal has been pissing my off lately-- with getting my money from ebay etc...

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:28 AM
So you're saying if I did $10 trade and got a CB a month later my bank account linked to it will be locked up as well as my paypal account? Thank you for confirming, I will never do a trade here with anyone, it's one thing to fuck with a neopets trade but another thing when it affects my family. Maybe other adults will catch on and not let this affect their real life bills.

Nooo. What she said is if you get a CB, the paypal account is locked, and you cannot remove your bank account. You can still USE your bank account.

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:29 AM

Your bank account wont be locked up- but your paypal account will be... and if you have only 5$ in your bank account and they go and take 10$ from your bank- well now your negative 5$ in your bank account and than there goes a slam with a 45$ overdraft fee by your bank..

See what im saying? Thats why whatever money you want to keep and not spend on Neo shit than transfer to your bank immediately because it take 3-5 days to be put into your bank- than delete your bank info. That way paypal stays the fuck away from it!!!

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm doing this ASAP! :D Btw, we can't ask for Rep points, so you might want to remove that :P

Harry Potter
01-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Moved to the help section, seems better fitted there.

Cara
01-26-2012, 01:34 AM
(Late post).
Sorry to hear you got CBd John!! D:
I have only won ONE chargeback of $100.
I have no idea how I managed it, but I did lol.
I hope you don't get too screwed over o_<

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Hahaha removed!!!! :)... Didn't know or would have said anything :p... Yes so remove your bank info... safest possible way with dealing with CB's... that way if you transfer money to your bank- remove your bank and than your hit with a CB-- Flip paypal the bird-- and make another account!! :)

Meagan
01-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Your bank account wont be locked up- but your paypal account will be... and if you have only 5$ in your bank account and they go and take 10$ from your bank- well now your negative 5$ in your bank account and than there goes a slam with a 45$ overdraft fee by your bank..

See what im saying? Thats why whatever money you want to keep and not spend on Neo shit than transfer to your bank immediately because it take 3-5 days to be put into your bank- than delete your bank info. That way paypal stays the fuck away from it!!!

REP points for this would be great and loved <33333 ;)
Well either way I keep my bank account near empty except when paying bills since it's easier to use cash instead of plastic. I don't know how anyone can deal with such large usd transactions here when something like this couldn't happen.

Cara
01-26-2012, 01:37 AM
To avoid CBs attacking my bank account, I use two different paypals rofl.
I get people to send to my unverified account and then transfer to my good one :3
If I ever get CBd, I can slowly pay it back without them putting my bank in negatives.

Harry Potter
01-26-2012, 01:37 AM
CB's can happen anywhere. I was on another forum where this one guy kept making accounts and cbing people thousands of dollars.

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Yeah the most I have ever sold somthing for was like 50$-- and I was Cb'ed for 25$ on a pet I sold someone... like I would have proof of that ya no.. it was a smooth transaction.. and the person was semi known at another site-- and they did me in..

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:40 AM
To avoid CBs attacking my bank account, I use two different paypals rofl.
I get people to send to my unverified account and then transfer to my good one :3
If I ever get CBd, I can slowly pay it back without them putting my bank in negatives.

How is this managed? Can you send from unverified to verified accounts?

John
01-26-2012, 01:41 AM
wait, so i cant use my fucking paypal for 30 days for anything?

Cara
01-26-2012, 01:43 AM
How is this managed? Can you send from unverified to verified accounts?

Yes, of course.
One time they limited my verified account, and all I told them
I was transfering money from my other account.
Was unlimited in a day :P It's so much easier.

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Wait.. what?
I didn't read this whole thread.
Can you sum it up for me? o.0

John
01-26-2012, 01:43 AM
i dont know? im confused. what is the deal with my account while this thing is in progress?

Elvigirl
01-26-2012, 01:44 AM

Nope-- and its up to 30 days while paypal investigates..

It sucks-- it really does!!! No money can go out- but money can go in--- and you cant remove your bank info or transfer the money to your bank while there is a dispute going on!!! :(

Cara
01-26-2012, 01:45 AM
john
is your account limited now? :/
When I get CBd, I can still send and receive money...

John
01-26-2012, 01:46 AM
i swear to fucking god i am going to hunt down this faggot and every other asshole who cbs and slit every one of their throats individually.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

im not sure....

Cara
01-26-2012, 01:47 AM
It would tell you if it's limited or not :P
You should try sending money somewhere just to see o.0

Ryan~
01-26-2012, 01:53 AM
You should be able to check your paypal "Transaction History" and see who you traded with for $97.

Whenever I get CBed if its been awhile since the transaction, I like to point out to Paypal that is it really was an "Unauthorized Transaction" It wouldn't take someone so long to notice and report it.

John
01-26-2012, 01:59 AM
i have the details of the user.
i have their name here, their email, their name, ect.

Austin
01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
john

TO WIN A CHARGE BACK YOU MUST NOT REPLY!
IF YOU REPLY YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOSE!
Lesson Learned losing Hundreds :P

Bammeh

John
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM
so dont reply to the cb?????

Carrot
01-30-2012, 08:15 PM
john

TO WIN A CHARGE BACK YOU MUST NOT REPLY!
IF YOU REPLY YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOSE!
Lesson Learned losing Hundreds :P

Bammeh

you serious? the same guy that got john got me for $20

Austin
01-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Just dont reply to the PayPal Disputes!

John
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
wait why?

Carrot
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
How did you find that out?

Austin
01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Ive been scammed alot.
You learn after trading alot.

Carrot
01-30-2012, 09:11 PM
I've traded a lot and never learned that xP

Ryan~
01-30-2012, 09:36 PM
John, if its not a LOT of money, try it.