PDA

View Full Version : Bump Button

xmxsummer
12-18-2013, 04:01 PM
So, just had a thought. On wajas.com the threads have a 'bump' button that bumps the thread without having to take up a post for a bump. I was thinking if something like that could be implemented it would probably be quite useful! Thinking in terms of the Trade Board: It would unclutter the threads and so only potentional customer questions/update posts from the seller (who maybe post the update and then also add it to the main post) can be seen. For other things- some people tend to shy away from boards that have a ton of posts when in reality the majority of those threads are probably just bumps.

Either way, I think it would be useful for the trade boards at least, maybe! Thoughts?

Snoop Lion
12-18-2013, 04:03 PM
+1 for this

Raj
12-18-2013, 05:06 PM
aaaawww shit haha it'd be so much more useful no lie

but i like reading some people's bumps cuz they can be pretty funny sometimes *cough* Drizzy *cough* Mint *cough* Simmie *cough*

xmxsummer
12-18-2013, 05:27 PM
xD Yeah, I'm thinking more to just replace all the ones that just say 'bumping' on it and all =p

Lmp
12-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I suggested this before, and there was full support for it with no objections, but it didn't get implemented idk why, maybe there isn't a vbulletin mod for it or something.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

j03
12-18-2013, 06:18 PM
I suggested this before, and there was full support for it with no objections, but it didn't get implemented idk why, maybe there isn't a vbulletin mod for it or something.

That's exactly why. :P Find a vBulletin mod somewhere (I looked when you suggested it) and I'll implement it.

Lmp
12-18-2013, 06:38 PM
That's exactly why. :P Find a vBulletin mod somewhere (I looked when you suggested it) and I'll implement it.
V2: [Only registered and activated users can see links][release-v2]-bump-without-post-any-authorized-user-version?threadid=12571

Rather old from 2001, so not sure if it works though.

j03
12-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Lmp these are in no way compatible with our vB version. :(

Lmp
12-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Lmp these are in no way compatible with our vB version. :(

This is the only one I could find compatible with our version, but I'm not sure if it's exactly what we're looking for as the description is rather vague.

j03
12-18-2013, 11:12 PM
This is the only one I could find compatible with our version, but I'm not sure if it's exactly what we're looking for as the description is rather vague.

Based on the comments it seems regular users cannot use this freely for themselves. This would be annoying to make a staff member do for everyone....

This could be used as a service of some sort......................... but perhaps not. I dunno.

Also, the comments for the mod show it has lots of bugs so probably not worth checking out.

DarkAngel
12-19-2013, 03:12 AM
Let's contact that guy who wanted to buy a forum.

He said he can write VB mods, right? :P