PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Graphic Artists & Other Users

Ben
12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
How many people here actually do GFX/Art? Not just random photoshop/paint things. But actual art?

As you may have noticed, the Graphics Hub is closed for posting until further notice. The reason? Spam.

A lot of users have already spammed a lot and the graphics hub will NOT be a place for spam or 1 sentence critiques and I will be in charge of the section and trust me, you don't want to get on my bad side with it. Please read the rules before posting in the respectable section.

If a majority of GFXers come forward, I'll open it. Till then, consider it closed until we pick up more artists.

Thanks

Ben
12-21-2011, 02:14 PM
bumping

Kristin
12-21-2011, 08:05 PM
*steps forward*
Hullo. I'm really looking forward to the graphics hub opening! Gonna make some guides and stuffs. *crosses fingers*

Miguel
12-21-2011, 08:10 PM
BTW guys Ben is an asshole

Ben
12-21-2011, 08:15 PM
im not an asshole. You're just not getting laid mike. umad?

Kristin
12-21-2011, 08:17 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Miguel
12-21-2011, 08:47 PM
im not an asshole. You're just not getting laid mike. umad?

Theres an asian joke in there somewhere, I can feel it

maxxine
12-21-2011, 09:43 PM
What do you consider actual art? lol.

Ben
12-21-2011, 09:44 PM
What do you consider actual art? lol.

Real GFX Artists. Not just some paint/photoshop crap. Actual art that takes time to make.

Kristin
12-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Real GFX Artists. Not just some paint/photoshop crap. Actual art that takes time to make.

But do you mean like paintings? Or layouts/banners/icons/etc?

Ben
12-21-2011, 09:50 PM
But do you mean like paintings? Or layouts/banners/icons/etc?

Art is any form of art. Not just paintings. GFX Art is all different types of art. Thats why it shouldn't be called GFX because GFX doesn't cover all forms of art. It's specific.

As long as you take time to make it, it can receive critiques.

Kristin
12-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Art is any form of art. Not just paintings. GFX Art is all different types of art. Thats why it shouldn't be called GFX because GFX doesn't cover all forms of art. It's specific.

As long as you take time to make it, it can receive critiques.
Paintings was just the first thing that came to mind.
I guess where I'm confused, is you said no photoshop stuff...but, I make all my graphics in photoshop. I'm sure most people who are good enough use photoshop. Is it an art section or a graphics section? Graphics are art, but art isn't always nessecarily graphics.
EXACTLY what kind of stuff would you consider appropriate to post there. Is what I'm asking. Logos, banners, layouts, digital drawings, etc?

Ben
12-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Paintings was just the first thing that came to mind.
I guess where I'm confused, is you said no photoshop stuff...but, I make all my graphics in photoshop. I'm sure most people who are good enough use photoshop. Is it an art section or a graphics section? Graphics are art, but art isn't always nessecarily graphics.
EXACTLY what kind of stuff would you consider appropriate to post there. Is what I'm asking. Logos, banners, layouts, digital drawings, etc?

when i said photoshop i meant like crap that takes like 5 seconds. It's Arts & Graphics. Thats why i'm not calling it GFX Section or GFX Team. It's GFX Artists. Any form of art that doesn't take 10 second to compile.

Miguel
12-21-2011, 10:02 PM
So, 3d art? :P

Kristin
12-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Oooooh ok. Thank you for clarifying. ^^;
I really hope more people step up for this section. I really really want it to open!

Ben
12-21-2011, 10:03 PM
So, 3d art? :P

That is art :)

Kristin
12-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Bump for awareness.

Cara
12-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Good luck finding lovely artists! :3
Bump.