PDA

View Full Version : [❅ ❄ ✳] Favoritie Christmas music?

I_royalty_I
12-13-2013, 04:27 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Sooo I don't know about you, but I always get pissed off at the retail stores around this time of year. It seems like they start playing Christmas music earlier and earlier. This year, I swear, they started playing Christmas music the first week of November at some places -_-

I like listening to Christmas music sometimes, but not all the time for months in a row.
Anybody have any favorite Christmas songs? I have seen a lot of new Christmas albums popping up lately... apparently even the Duck Dynasty people have one now? What?!

j03
12-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm okay with hearing just one round of a Christmas collection CD, but hearing it over and over gets annoying.. especially when I'm working. :K

Banannie
12-13-2013, 06:23 PM
I like Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas music, gets me pumped up! Makes me feel like whacking a couple dozen pines in cold sap.

Forever
12-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I only like the classics - the ACTUAL classics. I don't like the modern spin I see being put on them, nor do I appreciate the remixes and such. Christmas is about tradition and nostalgia for me, not about debating which pop cover of Let It Snow was done better. :suspicion:

I_royalty_I
12-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I only like the classics - the ACTUAL classics. I don't like the modern spin I see being put on them, nor do I appreciate the remixes and such. Christmas is about tradition and nostalgia for me, not about debating which pop cover of Let It Snow was done better. :suspicion:

I completely agree with you there. I like all the old classics. It's interesting to see how many different people come out with their own spin on things, but nothing can hold a flame to the classic stuff.
Sometimes new songs can be good, like when they are actually NEW. But I hate most of the remixes x.x

kiyomi
12-15-2013, 01:18 PM
One of my favorites has always been Santa Baby by the original singer Ertha Kitt.. Another favorite has always been Rockin around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. When their playing I can't help but sing along.

John
12-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Michael Buble's christmas album

Bowsette
12-15-2013, 02:32 PM
I love the older Christmas songs..Silent Night is my favorite..most of the new ones are crap.

Andymac106
12-15-2013, 02:42 PM
I like Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas music, gets me pumped up! Makes me feel like whacking a couple dozen pines in cold sap.

Yup. That's about the only kind of Christmas music I like now :P Growing up, my parents always played Christmas music like the day after Thanksgiving was over so I dont like it anymore :/

pinkiwie
12-15-2013, 02:51 PM
My mom's been playing the Carpenters' Christmas album for years. It's become my favorite Christmas CD !

kiyomi
12-15-2013, 04:31 PM
I can't listen to the same person or same song on repeat. If I hear the song again it has to be someone else singing it. Like O Holy Night, if I hear it by Jerry Butler the first time it'd have to be by someone else like maybe Johnny Mathis the next round.. Otherwise I'm going to be highly disappointed and tired of listening to it.

Fox
12-15-2013, 05:45 PM
I can't stand most christmas music. I remember it being the middle of November when I heard "Rocking Around The Christmas Tree" in a retail store, and just thought... why.

I love the song "Christmas Bells" from the musical RENT, though.

And the cover of "Oh Holy Night" by Billy Gilman has always had sentimental value to me.

futoss
12-15-2013, 08:05 PM
One song that I never get tired of is carol of the bells. Like I legit get excited when I hear it. That shit is my jam.

kittyray
12-17-2013, 11:02 PM
I went to Catholic school my whole life, so I'm partial to the songs I sang in choir. I'm particularly fond of Christmastide (Jessye's Carol).

Poe
12-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah someone fancy Tales from the Crypt? Look at this song, it's called Juggle Bills:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Have yerself a scary little Christmas!

Dropbear
12-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Feliz navidad gets blasted from my car radio even in the summer, just sayin.

Mod
12-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Feliz navidad gets blasted from my car radio even in the summer, just sayin.

R O F L

BEDDOEDv
12-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Its always nice to listen to a bit of christmas tunes, there are some great xmas music out there. Maybe a bit of wham! Last christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it a way. Shumazing.

Rover
12-24-2013, 06:42 PM
rage against the machine - killing in the name of

Roy
01-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Saosin - Mookie's Last Christmas (a)

vampyd1977
01-30-2014, 06:57 PM
the pogues featuring kirsty mccoll...fairytale of newyork. total class.

lombardis
02-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Bing Crosby - It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

luizclaudios
02-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Acabou o Papel - Tetinhas Inocentes