PDA

View Full Version : Slow Internet, Proxy?

munsterpoo
01-25-2012, 12:52 AM
So my internet is aweful. I moved in city limits and now there is no cable internet, so I'm paying cable internet prices for AWEFUL dsl. It's like it times out constantly, I'm always having to ip config release/renew when I'm browsing certain sites like neo, forums, etc. I can't refresh any pages without my internet dying as well.

I put a transparent proxy on and it seemed to be much faster, even though testmyspeed said my connection was actually slower. Ip checking sites identified that I was running a proxy too. Would it be stupid to play neopets with a transparent proxy, or anyone know any other solutions before I throw my router out the window?

Khelddar
01-25-2012, 01:10 AM
you can play neopets with a transparent proxy just don't use that proxy for cheating.
Also don't change proxies more than once every two weeks otherwise TNT might ban you for login from multiple ip's

Emiley
01-29-2012, 11:25 AM
No, don't play neo with a transparent proxy. Maybe you should download foxyproxy and go to an elite proxy site and use one from there!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

kidchaor
01-29-2012, 11:38 AM
my internet is probably worser. i dont use proxies, and i would reccommend u don't too if ur internet is as slow as mine.

munsterpoo
01-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Well elite proxies slow down your internet, but transparent ones can increase your speed but are easily detectable, that's what the conversation was about :P

kidchaor
01-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Well elite proxies slow down your internet, but transparent ones can increase your speed but are easily detectable, that's what the conversation was about :P

...no proxy has ever increased my internet speed.

Austin
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
For nice proxies:

-[Only registered and activated users can see links] (Must Input Captcha Below)
-[Only registered and activated users can see links]

munsterpoo

munsterpoo
01-30-2012, 08:58 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]