PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreaming

Ben
01-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Anyone else here do this? I get it quite frequently actually...

The regular dreams are amazing and then I'm in a[Only registered and activated users can see links] when I wake up....

Nightmares are horrible because I always die and no matter how many times I try to change it, I always end up dying somehow.....then wake in sleep paralysis (not often though)

Favorite dream: Where I'm flying......yeahhh umad?

Least fav nightmare: walking off a cliff, getting burned at the stake, getting shot, drowning, kidnapped, etc.

blah..

Harry Potter
01-24-2012, 11:52 PM
When I was growing up people use to tell me if you died in a dream that you would die in real life, so I was always scared to die.

But it happened and I didnt die in real life so I wasn't too bothered lol. When I die in my dreams I become like a ghost, where I float around and I can hear and see people but they don't know I'm weird.

I don't dream to often though and about 95% of my nightmares are zombie related.

GTO
01-24-2012, 11:52 PM
I do it if I think about it before I go to bed. If I watch Inception before going to bed and am not pass out tired, I can control my dreams almost instantly and have dreams inside of dreams.

I actually have done a lot of research on dreams and am doing personal testing atm.

Dan
01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Lucid dreaming? Isnt that when you can control what dreams you have?

If it is, please tell me how you do it, lol.

GTO
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM

Yesssss

Harry Potter
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM
I do it if I think about it before I go to bed. If I watch Inception before going to bed and am not pass out tired, I can control my dreams almost instantly and have dreams inside of dreams.

I actually have done a lot of research on dreams and am doing personal testing atm.

Thats pretty neat, I try to control my dreams but I'm not all that successful.

Whenever I have to run thats when my legs always seem to fail me.

Ben
01-24-2012, 11:55 PM

Not necessarily being able to control your dreams. You can and you can't...depends on if you train your mind for it. for me, it depends on the dream.

Evelsaint
01-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Don't have lucid dreams.

It really sucks.

I sleep until morning, only remember darkness.

I had those when I was a kid, I was at 14th street subway and it turned into a metal battle ground. I used a dynamite pump to trigger an explosion. Then i woke up. << Last lucid dream I remember.

My father and sister both have lucid dreams that they remember...

Why not me...

Ben
01-24-2012, 11:56 PM

Same here...I always have to try to run up stairs....I always fail and fall. Never happens in real life haha!

GTO

That's no good! There are 2 reoccuring dreams which I have been having for as long as I can remember.

1) I am Ratchet from the game Ratchet and Clank and I'm doing lots of backflips in front of my house while the neighbor 2 doors down is shooting at me from his ghetto truck.

2) The ground falls out while I'm walking :P

Dan
Not necessarily being able to control your dreams. You can and you can't...depends on if you train your mind for it. for me, it depends on the dream.

Damn. Well, I usually have no dreams. Its usually just black, lol. However, I have had a few dreams, and nightmares.

GTO
01-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Damn. Well, I usually have no dreams. Its usually just black, lol. However, I have had a few dreams, and nightmares.

You always dream. you just don't remember them. They are stored in short term memory 99.999999% of the time and the second you think about anything else or even move. You start to forget any remembrance of them.

Evelsaint
01-25-2012, 12:00 AM
It has to do with your REm sleep, some people break out of it by outside sensations like touch.

If you roll around and become lucid enough, you can half control your dream and make things happen and move the way you want.

However, there is a chaos factor where random people you know appear and rndom events happen.

Heh, I had a dream where I realized I was dreaming once.

Best dream ever.

^^

Guys, you know what happens!

Dan
01-25-2012, 12:01 AM
You always dream. you just don't remember them. They are stored in short term memory 99.999999% of the time and the second you think about anything else or even move. You start to forget any remembrance of them.

That sounds reasonable. (Not sarcasm :p)

GTO
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
It has to do with your REm sleep, some people break out of it by outside sensations like touch.

If you roll around and become lucid enough, you can half control your dream and make things happen and move the way you want.

However, there is a chaos factor where random people you know appear and rndom events happen.

Heh, I had a dream where I realized I was dreaming once.

Best dream ever.

^^

Guys, you know what happens!

If you're referring to what I think you are, most guys wake up with one almost every day...

MasterMind0wnz
01-25-2012, 12:04 AM
I always have dreams that I am a SF Sniper but when I actually go to pull the trigger the bullet just kinds limps out of the barrel and falls onto the floor...

Carrot
01-25-2012, 12:22 AM
This almost never happens to me. But from what i have heard, it sounds awesome.

Evelsaint
01-25-2012, 12:23 AM
If you're referring to what I think you are, most guys wake up with one almost every day...

No, morning wood is due to the increase blood circulation in your body during your sleep phase.

I'm talking about when you were younger.

You guys never had a wet dream before? Serious?

munsterpoo
01-25-2012, 12:30 AM
When I was a kid I could control my dreams. Later I started researching parapsychology and discovered 'limited' evidence that some people can have joint lucid dreams, and astral projection is similar to controlling your dreams except you are spiritually sending yourself to another location.

Anyway deep stuff, studied it for awhile in high school, there's limited proof of some of that stuff. The CIA confirmed that it is possible to a limited extent.

Also Sherri zombie dreams sound awesome!

Harry Potter
01-25-2012, 12:33 AM
When I was a kid I could control my dreams. Later I started researching parapsychology and discovered 'limited' evidence that some people can have joint lucid dreams, and astral projection is similar to controlling your dreams except you are spiritually sending yourself to another location.

Anyway deep stuff, studied it for awhile in high school, there's limited proof of some of that stuff. The CIA confirmed that it is possible to a limited extent.

Also Sherri zombie dreams sound awesome!

I have a weird zombie coughfetishcough obsession. I've never gotten bit by a zombie yet in my dream, i'm usually doing my slow run, kickin some butt or hiding like a chicken.

munsterpoo
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
My best friend is obsessed with zombies too, he was one of the first people to read zombie survival guide. Isn't there a new zombie movie coming out?

Zombies are awesome xD

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Lucid dream IS being able to be somewhat in control of your dreams. They are very vivid and you usually can remember every detail. It's basically having your mind awake in a dream.

I never had a lucid dreaming.
I have had nightmares where I realized I was dreaming though, and I would purposely hit my self on the head so I could try and wake up. It usually worked after a couple minutes of trying.

Harry Potter
01-25-2012, 02:08 AM
My best friend is obsessed with zombies too, he was one of the first people to read zombie survival guide. Isn't there a new zombie movie coming out?

Zombies are awesome xD

A new zombie movie? o: Well I want to watch the new resident evil when it comes out and I heard a 28 months later was gonna come out too.

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP I wouldnt hit myself when I wanted to wake lol I use to have Freddie Kruger dreams when I was young and I would say repeatedly "please wake up" and it usually worked.

Ben
01-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Lucid dream IS being able to be somewhat in control of your dreams. They are very vivid and you usually can remember every detail. It's basically having your mind awake in a dream.

I never had a lucid dreaming.
I have had nightmares where I realized I was dreaming though, and I would purposely hit my self on the head so I could try and wake up. It usually worked after a couple minutes of trying.

Lucid dreaming isn't ALL controlling your dreams. You can still have a lucid dream and not control any of it. Try again.

Sci_Girl
01-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Lucid dreaming is the only exception to dreams being an unconscious process. In lucid dreaming you are consciously aware of your dream and you can act in it, however that conscious effect only takes place if parts of your brain are activated when they should not be. REM sleep is the reason the dreams are so vivid, so technically speaking you are awakening during REM but contrary to the norm of not being able to remember that REM dream (technically you remember far fewer REM sleep dreams), the lucid dreaming and the activation of the brain area allows for the conscious aspect and hence the active 'memory' of that occurring dream. Lucid dreaming is rare, very rare. Everyday dreaming you should not have any control over beyond getting lucky with a short term memory instance of whatever you thought of prior to falling asleep. Whatever is sitting more recently in your short term memory (if you think of math right before you fall asleep that is the last thing on your mind and hence the most recent memory formed) is basically the most likely to be 'recalled' and hence why people may dream of math for instance if that is the last thing they think of. Other than that by definition you cannot really control your unconscious dreams. Nerve firing is in a random pattern which will light your brain up like a Christmas tree with activity (do not take that literally, your brain does not actually flash colors lol) this is why you dream random nonsense things like a monkey on a unicycle throwing popcorn at your friend. Your brain is literally firing at such random points that a bit of the visual center is firing like mad and hence the very visual scene, then your amygdala may fire and you are anxious in your dream, then your frontal lobe goes nuts because in your dream you are flailing your arms. Whatever it may be it is still a random pattern of high activity, in fact it is said that your brain is more active during sleep than during the day. You have no real control over what you dream or you would simply say "no stupid dreams tonight" and all would be said and done lol. I would love to manipulate them if I could though, I have some pretty messed up ones about always being chased and that puts me in a panic when I wake up.

Slasher
01-25-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm sometimes doing very lucid dreams.
Fav dream : I had magical powers, like in Avatar the Last Air bender
Last fav : I dreamed that I was killing people and putting them in a plastic bag u_u

Demo
01-25-2012, 07:08 AM
When I was growing up people use to tell me if you died in a dream that you would die in real life, so I was always scared to die.

But it happened and I didnt die in real life so I wasn't too bothered lol. When I die in my dreams I become like a ghost, where I float around and I can hear and see people but they don't know I'm weird.

I don't dream to often though and about 95% of my nightmares are zombie related.

"I can hear and see people but they don't know I'm wierd."

Such a way with words, Sherri!

Monark
01-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I do haha
But i can't control them very well :x
I love nightmares, they are the best lol

Harry Potter
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
"I can hear and see people but they don't know I'm wierd."

Such a way with words, Sherri!

Ahaha omg I just re read that xD I swear I meant there.... Or did I? Maybe I was in a dream when I wrote that:rolleyes:

Or someone edited my post to make me look weirder the I am (;

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-25-2012, 04:14 PM
i love that administrators can be a ho and rude because theyre an administrator but when someone defends themselves it gets deleted

1 point for good moderating!

Monark
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
i love that administrators can be a ho and rude because theyre an administrator but when someone defends themselves it gets deleted

1 point for good moderating!

bro, you can't speak your mind out :x
someone I know got banned for that.
And i'm satisfied with the moderation.

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
bro, you can't speak your mind out :x
someone I know got banned for that.
And i'm satisfied with the moderation.

i spoke my mind on the definition of lucid dreaming because Ben likes to be rude and say Try again, so i did and it got deleted. probably because i insulted him back.

Monark
01-25-2012, 04:21 PM
LOL, sorry, had to laugh.

"He said try again, so I did"

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-25-2012, 04:22 PM
just following what i was told me to do :3

anyway i like dreams. theyre cool.

Adam
01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
For people with falling dreams: When people dream, sometimes they have falling dreams; the person is still in reality and still in dream world. Most of the time you have dreams of falling of cliffs or buildings but these falling dreams are different. You get a "kick" before you actually falling to the ground and you awake from your dream. Scientists believe that if you actually hit the ground in these falling dreams, you die.

Just some fun facts from "Get a grip on Dreams" :D

Ray-Chill
01-25-2012, 07:07 PM
HHmm..

I love this..
I hav some random dreams. Most of the time they involve a boy that I was madly in love with doing things..
Like going to school and me fighting people..
But when I try to punch my hands are all noodly.. so i'm screwed..
Worst dream: I keep getting shot in the head for some reason..

Then I'm stuck starring up at the person as they do shit to me.. Like pour soda in my brain..
I like the ones I can control better.

I do it by knowing i have dreams over and over. And when I notice the dream is going in the same direction as before I just do something different..

It's hard to explain properly..

Foxer
01-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I know someone who can actually control her dreams. o.o I don't think I've ever had anything that could be considered lucid, though. Morbid, yes, but not lucid. xD

kooldude888
01-25-2012, 09:46 PM
i dont know if this is what that is but a couple differerent times once at home and once at a friends i had this dream i was typing on a computer lookin down at the keyboard and than once i was done typing i would hit the enter key and the second i hit the enter key i wake up but i cant move at all, cant make any noises, nothing and it scared me pretty bad both times. i get really hot and feel like im vibrating kinda and i feel like screaming but i cant than i just come back to it and can move and stuff. pretty weird

Ray-Chill
01-25-2012, 09:47 PM
i dont know if this is what that is but a couple differerent times once at home and once at a friends i had this dream i was typing on a computer lookin down at the keyboard and than once i was done typing i would hit the enter key and the second i hit the enter key i wake up but i cant move at all, cant make any noises, nothing and it scared me pretty bad both times. i get really hot and feel like im vibrating kinda and i feel like screaming but i cant than i just come back to it and can move and stuff. pretty weird

Next time you find yourself having that dream try and remember yourself awake..
Or because you know what is going to happen try hitting shift.
xD Seriously. It could change the whole dream.

kooldude888
01-25-2012, 10:05 PM
xD i will next time but its weird its a dream but than i actually wake up and cant control anything

Adam
01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I know someone who can actually control her dreams. o.o I don't think I've ever had anything that could be considered lucid, though. Morbid, yes, but not lucid. xD

You CAN actually control what you are going to dream of. An experiment people try is to get a problem. A riddle would be nice. Just memorize the riddle in your head before you go to sleep. Keep thinking of the riddle until you fall asleep. Even though it may not seem like it, the dream you dream that night could actually be the answer to the riddle.

Foxer
01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
You CAN actually control what you are going to dream of. An experiment people try is to get a problem. A riddle would be nice. Just memorize the riddle in your head before you go to sleep. Keep thinking of the riddle until you fall asleep. Even though it may not seem like it, the dream you dream that night could actually be the answer to the riddle.

Challenge accepted. =DDDDDD

Solgaleo
01-26-2012, 05:26 PM
The last time I truly had a lucid dream was when I was a young child.

I remember, in the dream, I was playing outside of my apartment. I asked my mom if I was dreaming. She then said "Yes, you are dreaming. Make the most of it before you wake up". I don't remember much of the specifics anymore, but I'm sure I had a kick ass dream for a young child ;D

I'm sure that this doesn't pertain to lucid dreaming, but I've found if I watch an episode of the old show Knight Rider right before bed, I'll re-live the whole episode in my dream. It happened once...then I experimented twice. Each time it happened o_o

jongeh
01-26-2012, 05:27 PM
God, here goes another kid that thinks he's the don of lucid dreaming and he knew about it before inception

Emiley
01-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Woah, I do this too! I have like all kinds of dreams, most of them are no fun and are nightmares :K

zyocuh
01-29-2012, 07:59 PM
i GET AMAZING ZOMBIE DREAMS!! Idk if you can read this but this was a dream
[Only registered and activated users can see links]