PDA

View Full Version : Give me some movie/tv suggestions!

Jules
11-06-2013, 10:00 PM
So I have 5 days off of school and I don't really want to study for my quarterly exams so I need to pass time. I need recommendations for movies or TV shows since I normally don't watch a lot of TV or go to the movies and I never know what to watch. I'll watch basically anything except action movies, and if you recommend a TV series I'd prefer something that doesn't have too many seasons because I don't want to start it and not finish it. Post any shows or movies you like, I probably haven't watched it yet. Thanks in advance for any recommendations! :)

smileyface
11-06-2013, 10:02 PM
i liked continuum, it's about this police woman from the future who is brought back in time and has to stop terrorists from changing the future.

Mod
11-06-2013, 10:02 PM
24, seasons 1-5.

A season for each day you have off.

Fir
11-07-2013, 12:42 AM
American Horror History
If you have netflix i recommend you the whole first season, you can continiue the the histories with AHS: Asylum and Coven
I love the last season, it's about witches.

Skarl
11-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Movies:
Boondock Saints / Boondock Saints II (two, 2, wtfever)
Constantine
Robocop
Tremors
Blade

Television:
The Lone Gunmen
Supernatural
Frasier (wittiest intellectual comedy, ever, in my opinion)

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Oh and more television: Stargate and the ORIGINAL Star Trek!

stacy
11-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Series
2 Broke Girls (season 1 is over and season 2 just started)
New Girl (")
Revenge (")

Movies
Pitch Perfect
White House Down
The Bling Ring
God Bless America
Death Becomes Her
Dirty Love

baileaf
11-07-2013, 09:49 AM
I vote Supernatural like Skarl. There's 8 seasons and a 9th is going on now though. You could totes finish them all in a week though if you don't sleep much. :P Hot brothers and awesome plot lines makes for one of my favorite shows EVER.

Snoop Lion
11-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Movies:

Pineapple Express
Django Unchained
This is the end
This is 40
Shawshank Redemption
Godfather 1 or 2 (Epic movies)

TV:

How I met your mother
The big bang theory
Rules of Engagement

I realize i have listed movies and TV i love so you probably won't like them, what type of movies do you like most would you say? I watch movies every night before bed so i know a lot and can probably suggest some that you would like not what i like :o_o: juliaxo

Jules
11-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Movies:

Pineapple Express
Django Unchained
This is the end
This is 40
Shawshank Redemption
Godfather 1 or 2 (Epic movies)

TV:

How I met your mother
The big bang theory
Rules of Engagement

I realize i have listed movies and TV i love so you probably won't like them, what type of movies do you like most would you say? I watch movies every night before bed so i know a lot and can probably suggest some that you would like not what i like :o_o: juliaxo

I love most horror movies and anything funny. I love the Breakfast Club, Harry Potter, I don't watch a lot of movies so I'm pretty much open to watching anything really good!

Snoop Lion
11-07-2013, 11:00 AM
juliaxo

Well the movies i listed are really flipping good to me like i fricking loved them haha

But for horrors, i'd say the conjuring for starters, Comedies are hard to find good because everyone has a different sense of humour, i love comedies about people smoking weed and doing stupid shit and tripping out all the time, but if you haven't seen the conjuring then i highly recommend it!

kiyomi
11-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Movies;
Curse of Chucky
The Conjuring
Cloudburst
Martyrs
Now you see me

Tv shows
The Walking Dead
Rules of Engagement

metaldroga
11-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I recommend the blind side movie

Jules
11-07-2013, 10:39 PM
I recommend the blind side movie

I LOVE THE BLIND SIDE! Such a good movie :)

panelle
11-10-2013, 08:26 AM
I recommend "Top of the Lake" (it's like Twin Peaks, but more sexy and New Zealand), "Mildred Pierce" (a bit like Lolita) and "Boardwalk Empire" (Great Gatsby + The Godfather). The first two are mini series, so if you've got a little time, they're awesome. Boardwalk Empire is a full series, that's a bit huge, though.

Accelerator
11-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Hmmm, The Walking Dead?
Idk, I don't have a TV ;_;
But that's the only thing I watch when I have access to one XD

gnar
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
omg if you have netflix def watch orange is the new black, so good.

coldblaze
06-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Seconding stacy for 2 broke girls (series). That is hilarious. If you like rom-coms try One for the Money. It's one of my faves.

Water
06-16-2014, 09:21 PM
You should check out once upon a time, a good show to keep you hooked! :$

skull
06-20-2014, 06:15 AM
TV: Orange is the New Black and Girls (HBO)

Meeseeks
06-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Not sure if you've seen it, or someone's already mentioned it, but the IT Crowd is a really good, really funny show that should've had more than 24 episodes. You can find it on Netflix.

Jager
06-21-2014, 03:12 PM
I agree with skull with Orange is the new black. If you have netflix you can watch it there. If you don't I know of some great free sites to watch them on.
Another show that I've gotten slightly addicted to is Salem and obviously Orphan black because of Tatiana. Both are good shows to check out, however are not on netflix. Orphan black is on BBCA and on "On Demand" and Salem I find on "On Demand" because I've never heard of the station it's broadcasted on.