PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasure TV Show/Movie

HannaRempton
10-28-2013, 08:18 PM
What tv shows/movies do you enjoy but would prefer no one found out about?
Mine are mainly stupid reality tv shows that come on E!. Like Keeping up with the Kardashians, and any stupid show that has ever aired and no longer is, such as...Married to Rock, Ice Loves Coco, Kendra, The Girls Next Door, and so many other stupid shows that I would always religiously watch on Sunday night.
Mind sharing some of yours? ;P

Raj
10-28-2013, 08:20 PM
spongebob...apparently its uncool to like it in high school but it holds a special place in my heart

baileaf
10-28-2013, 08:21 PM
I love Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Not ashamed to admit it. :) Also the Real Housewives. I like Beverly Hills and New Jersey the best. <3 Reality TV makes me happy. ;)

Jules
10-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Sometimes if I have a week with little schoolwork, I'll watch degrassi seasons 1-9 for like 10 hours straight. I also make my friends watch Jeapordy with me all the time and they get so mad

HannaRempton
10-28-2013, 08:32 PM
haha. My grandma stayed over for a good 3 months and made me watch Jeopardy since that's all she had playing when I went to the living room. I hated it at first....and then I slowly started to enjoy it.
But I always felt like it looked soooo old even though the episodes were new. They looked like they were filmed years ago. bugged me.
And Spongebob I don't watch anymore but everyone still made references to it in High School cuz that was our childhood 8) I think it's still cool.

Also sweetlikesugar, are they still showing new episodes of the Kardashians? I stopped watching after I think they were trying to put the putting green. I just don't seem to be that interested in this current season. Are you? I think they might cancel it soon or maybe it's just me and my lack of interest for the show now. I've been watching it since it first aired :)

baileaf
10-28-2013, 08:43 PM
HannaRempton They are. They showed the episode where baby North was born last night. It's not as good as it used to be but I don't see them canceling it anytime soon, especially with the Kris and Bruce separation.

HannaRempton
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I just heard about that today!! And also aren't Khloe and Omar not doing so good either? You're right. There's too much juicy stuff going on for them to cancel, I'm going to start watching it again!

monzter
10-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Pretty little liars. Used to be Gossip Girl

Go easy on me :(

HannaRempton
10-31-2013, 08:20 PM
monzter I have never watched Gosspi Girl. is it any good? :P
And Pretty Little Liars was pretty entertaining to watch...but it was one of those shows where I would realize what kind of show I was watching and nod my head no...but would continue to watch nonetheless! I wasn't as into it as some other girls at school were though.

monzter
11-01-2013, 12:01 AM
GG was good from seasons 1 through 2
Sort of went downhill after that tbh

If you're into shows like the OC, you should definitely give it a go!

So i take it you've stopped? :P
Did you catch the recent Halloween episode?

Bowsette
11-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Cheers is my guilty pleasure. Don't ask me why. I have no idea xD

Elmo
11-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I like to think I have a good taste in music, however, the same can't be said about my tv choices.

I watch British Soaps (Hollyoaks, Coronation Street etc), Pretty Little Liars, The Oc, One Tree Hill, How I met your mother and my guiltiest is my love for Greys Anatomy, I have the box set and seriously I could watch it over and over.

Film wise my guilty pleasures are;
-Home Alone 1 & 2
-Pretty Woman
-Grease 1 & 2
-Matilda
-Cry Baby
-Edward Scissor Hands

Naomi
11-02-2013, 09:05 PM
guilty pleasure tv shows....? so many....omfg

im supposed to be all ~intellectual~ because im an english major, but in reality, i love revenge and once upon a time and SCANDAL, love scandal...and don't even get me started on reality tv shows... i am seriously addicted to big brother. x___x

Demetri
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
guilty pleasure tv shows....? so many....omfg

im supposed to be all ~intellectual~ because im an english major, but in reality, i love revenge and once upon a time and SCANDAL, love scandal...and don't even get me started on reality tv shows... i am seriously addicted to big brother. x___x

Hm.. I guess i can say scandal is my guilty pleasure. That show is soo amazingly good

icebox
11-04-2013, 04:55 AM
The Step Up films omfg
Street dancing films make me so happy like I have no idea why

I can't dance

BEDDOEDv
11-04-2013, 01:18 PM
its got to be smallville, just feel so at home when my girlfriend showed me it. great caracters, episodes, great everything really.

Leah
11-04-2013, 01:41 PM
I can't really say any of my TV shows are ones I wouldn't want anyone to find out about, because I'm past the point of caring what people think of the things I like :P
But, my favorites are Gossip Girl (even though it's over, I still love it and miss it and wish there was a movie or something because I'm not over it), Psych, Amazing Race, obsessed with anything on HGTV, especially Income Property. Ladies, if you want some eye candy, Google Scott Mcgillivray. He is half the reason I watch the show haha. And stuff on E - Kendra, Girls Next Door, The Soup, blah blah blah.

Except for Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I saw one episode and nearly cried at the stupidity. No judging of course, what you want to watch is your choice, but I will never understand the reasoning behind watching talentless rich people do talentless rich people things. The only thing I like from that show is Scott Disick. He is a funny motherfucker.

The only show I could say that would be a "guilty pleasure" and would try to keep it a little hushed up, is Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I literally have watched all the episodes and did so in the span of two or three nights. It's strangely addicting, and actually kind of cute. :P

icebox
11-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Leah I totally forgot to add Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Pumpkin is my absolute favourite.

kiyomi
11-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Leah I totally forgot to add Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Pumpkin is my absolute favourite.

lol I never used to like the show. My mother got me into it though.

My guilty pleasure would have to be Bad Girls Club... But I don't really care who knows I watch it. lol I also love the show The Walking Dead.

Pookie
12-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Americas next top model and rupuals drag race ;)

Anhedonia
01-17-2014, 01:59 AM
Ancient Aliens :(
i watch it as often as i can

Roslyn
01-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Charmed.
Gotta love the 90s.

Fox
01-22-2014, 02:55 AM
Honey Boo Boo.

smh

kittyray
01-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Pretty. Little. Liars.

Lyric
01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
The Bachelor/Bachlorette, The Amazing Race and especially Survivor.

Every other show is just a tv show I like, not a guilty pleasure I'm a little ashamed of. xD

Banannie
01-22-2014, 02:29 PM
I've been watching old episodes of Doug lately, I guess that's my guilty pleasure for now. Don't really watch too much television, I'm an oldtimer and watch the news nonstop. :P

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
So much nostalgia. :3

Mod
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
So much nostalgia. :3

Ooh eee ohhh...
KILLER TOFU!!!

B)

bsbgales
03-05-2014, 03:20 PM
I love home inprovement shows. My top 3 are:

Property brothers

Divine design

Luz en Casa

Foxglove
03-12-2014, 06:20 AM
The Bachelor/Bachelorette! OMG I was going to go "really, does nobody else watch this show?!" until I finally saw Lyric's post (thank you!)

Ugh Juan Pablo *facepalm* This season was such a disappointment, like what the heck.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

P.S. I'm also obsessed with Survivor! Although I don't feel guilty about watching it

Rissa
03-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Random obscure science fiction shows that were one on the scifi channel. Oh excuse me syfy now. lawl
Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, and Stargate.

congression
03-13-2014, 08:18 AM
definitely Real Housewives and Catfish are my guilty pleasures

Sarah
03-15-2014, 01:39 PM
All the teen dramas (Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The O.C., The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, Glee...) I never mention liking them in public.

IFapAlot
03-27-2014, 12:28 PM
I've been watching a lot of foreign dramas lately, they're sooo gud

scogland
03-27-2014, 04:51 PM
I have an obsession with end-of-the-world comedy movies like
- This is the End
- It's A Disaster
- Shaun of the Dead
- Rapture Palooza
- The World's End

rosieb
04-17-2014, 05:06 AM
God yes, I love Catfish. I guess always being part of online communities does that to a person.
Not really guilty for loving Orphan Black or Resurrection. But I love them to pieces.

Cub
04-17-2014, 05:09 AM
Pokemonnnnnn

coldblaze
06-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Charmed. The guys were such eye candy :) Currently hooked on asian dramas - Nobuta no Produce makes me smile. Skip Beat is however, probably the one I've rewatched the most. I was just so happy to find it so well characterized after 'd fallen in love with the manga!

skull
06-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Catfish, 19 Kids and Counting, and basically every TLC show out there

shadowdragon555
06-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Well my guilty pleasure was 'Desperate Housewives' XD I was 15, and I'm a male, yeah you can bet I was/still am strange. My all time favourite which I guess is also embarrassing is Total Drama (I am almost 18 now I shall add haha)

Water
06-16-2014, 04:52 AM
Home and away, way too addictive!

Naked Gamer
06-16-2014, 04:54 AM
Home and away, way too addictive!

That show should of ended 5 years ago ;)

My mum still watches it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skarl
06-16-2014, 05:13 AM
That show should of ended 5 years ago ;)

My mum still watches it.

It did end, like five years ago, in 'Merica. Y'all are just late bloomers.
(ok I lied. idk what you're talking about)

Naked Gamer
06-16-2014, 05:15 AM
It did end, like five years ago, in 'Merica. Y'all are just late bloomers.
(ok I lied. idk what you're talking about)

It's a Aussie show that doesn't want to end!!!!!!!!

Water
06-16-2014, 06:50 AM
scarmans neighbours should have ended ages ago.

Longlive home and away!

Naked Gamer
06-16-2014, 06:51 AM
scarmans neighbours should have ended ages ago.

Longlive home and away!

I'd say shoot both lots of cast members lmao, the show is actually possibly ending anyways in coming years due to ratings.

Water
06-16-2014, 06:57 AM
I'd say shoot both lots of cast members lmao, the show is actually possibly ending anyways in coming years due to ratings.

Everything was much better when you could empathise with the cast, now it is too crazy! :$ + plus it is really the only thing to watch unless coxy interests you!

congression
06-16-2014, 07:20 AM
totally agree with neighbours though, i used to watch but now i dont recognize a single person on the show since it switched over to eleven, lol.

i like watching Glee as a guilty pleasure of mine.

Unfounded
06-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Mine would have to be King of the Nerds... mainly season 1. It was just a great, nerdy show that most people wouldn't like or understand, but I related so well to it that I had to find a few people that were as nerdy as I am to enjoy it with.

AskJeeves
06-28-2014, 06:05 PM
I loooove Maurry and Steve Wilkos x3

Banannie
08-01-2014, 11:35 AM
True Blood

God that show is aweful!

XxGevaudanxX
08-16-2014, 05:41 PM
If you've watched it, you'll agree that Orange is the New Black is just... awesome!

jamary
08-21-2014, 06:58 AM
ATLA because not many of my friends think it's a cool series XD

I also enjoy Devious Maids :P