PDA

View Full Version : Help with Proxies

Joelalala
01-24-2012, 10:20 AM
So i have notified by some users here that i should change my proxy . But then there was only that one proxy that was available in ' HideMyAss ' for me . Can anyone else tell me where can i find a similar proxy or something like that ? I would really need another proxy ASAP , i wouldn't dare to use any programs without a proxy . Someone please tell me or PM me a website where i can get proxies . Thank you =)

Now , another problem is that i wanted to ask if it is OK to use programs without a proxy . I mean how safe is it ? How often should i do this ? Does it make my ' freeze rate ' higher ?

Thanks all who answered . All help is greatly appreciated :D

Tinill
01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
I think 'Hidemyass' is one of the best proxy sites.
Often I have the same problem. Many proxies don't work for me. But please try it again and again. The proxies with the highest speed and connection work often very well. But it is also important that you choose a proxy of your country or a country which isn't too far away from you.
For example: I am from Germany and mostly proxies from China don't work for me. Then I choose some from France or Spain or...

Of course you can use the programmes without a proxy. But if you want to use them on different accounts then use some different ones, please. I think the risk to get frozen with a proxy is as high as you don't use one. But if you use free proxies the chance that someone else also use your one is high.. But until now I had no problemes with problemes when I use the programmes the right way.

I hope you understand me. :)

Joelalala
01-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks ! I'm from Singapore , proxies available from ' HideMyAss ' are limited to only 5 ! ><

Tinill
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't understand. What do you mean with limited?

Joelalala
01-24-2012, 10:38 AM
There are only 5 available proxies with ' High ' and above security =<

Tinill
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Does it look like that? :

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Ryan~
01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Check my signature. there is an easier way to use proxies through Firefox (if you use Firefox).

Joelalala
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Does it look like that? :

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Nope , try searching for the ' Singapore ' ones . There should be only five =<

Bammeh - i already got FoxyProxy & the standard one . But the site doesn't have proxies for my country =< so it didn't really helped much ><

Ryan~
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
If you find another proxy, you can still use FoxyProxy for the proxy you find.

lovecookie
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM
most of time i use Proxy Finder to find tons of proxy,
than use Proxy Checker check which of them is working or elite,
last i use "Elite Proxy Switcher" to switch my proxy

Joelalala
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks lovecookie ! :D Helped alot ^^