PDA

View Full Version : Need a useful personal workout guide.

Bettser
10-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Hey guys, I have been hitting the gym about 3-4 times a week (which is as much as I can). I have noticed some results such as me losing weight, and replacing it right with muscle. Its great, and now my arms/chest are a noticeable size. HOWEVER, I still have a problem. After drinking for the last 7ish years, I've got a tiny bit of a beer gut that needs to fuck off.

So this is what I have started doing;
1) No longer eating out whenever possible. Only subway/Timmys the odd time.
2) I have started a keto diet. I have cut down greatly on carbs, and just been eating meats and dairy.
3) I still drink, but have cut down to a day or two a week and drink vodka+orange, vodka+water or Caesars. Fucking love tomato juice.
4) I smoke a cigarello or two a day, not sure if this matters.

Anyways, I just want to lose a bit of the gut, and look a bit more cut.

Thanks in advance.

Sociopath
10-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Tomato juice is repulsing...tomato and vodka gagging at the thought. No bloody marys. *thumbs down*

Kylae
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
I got a workout for you... :)

Sociopath
10-22-2013, 06:20 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

:rolleyes:

Mod
10-22-2013, 08:05 PM
1. Do you even cardio, brah? If you only lift, then you're gonna get beefy while losing definition.

2. Do crunches instead, whenever you feel like jerkin' yer meat.

3. Smoking still attributes to weight gain/retention to a minor degree. Inflammation, hormonal changes, etc.

4. If I catch you on TC with a beer can, do I get to mock you?

And if you want to get real cut real quick, then...

5. Don't drink water. Cut it out of your diet. Water is the bulk of muscle. You will see massive gains if you go on no-water. Shredded as fuark.

If you cramp up say, on your feet or toes - take a blowdryer and heat it up for a few seconds to shake the cramps off for a few minutes.

VitaminX
10-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Just do Insanity.
Stop eating. Just drink water + insanity for a month & you're a boss.

fruitbat
10-22-2013, 09:15 PM
going along w/ whatever weird ass diet fad this 'keto' is will be fucking u up later. low-carb (but??? dairy?? why) will make u drop hella weight but u have very little to build off of, and u will most likely crash at some point because we need carbs. we really do. when i went no/low-carb it felt like when i had anorexia. (dizzy spells, unsteady heartbeat, the whole nine yards.)

my best recommendation is to get off any sort of preset diet, because not everything works for everybody, and just because u lose weight doesnt mean its good for ya. make changes in how u eat so that it leaves a lasting impression on u. restricting urself is pointless, and leads to binging and then guilt. :(

also heads up that subway eaters are more likely to underestimate the calorie content ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), and tbh subway sandwiches are able to be as bad as any fast food u could find. cooking for urself is the best bet: if u have the money, try going raw vegan ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). :rolleyes: ive been vegan (tho not raw vegan b/c $$$ lol) for a year and a half now, and ive been in the best shape of my life.

one of my favourite, quicker (ab) workouts is:

-1 minute plank
-15 bicycle crunches
-30 second side plank (right)
-15 bicycle crunches
-30 seconds side plank (left)
-15 reverse crunches
-15 hip ups
-1 minute v-sit

takes about 5 minutes; easy to do and shows nice results. (so ive been told :$)

long-distance, low-impact running builds lean, toned legs. short-distance, high-impact running builds muscular, defined legs. take ur pick. i try to get in at least an hour of cardio a day, and it DOESNT all have to be at once.

LOTS OF WATER U CANT HAVE TOO MUCH WATER DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT SAYS U CAN BECAUSE TBH...
clear pee is good pee ok

i think thats? about it! good luck and dont forget ur cute no matter what! ^___^

Bettser
10-22-2013, 09:25 PM
1. Do you even cardio, brah? If you only lift, then you're gonna get beefy while losing definition.

2. Do crunches instead, whenever you feel like jerkin' yer meat.

3. Smoking still attributes to weight gain/retention to a minor degree. Inflammation, hormonal changes, etc.

4. If I catch you on TC with a beer can, do I get to mock you?

And if you want to get real cut real quick, then...

5. Don't drink water. Cut it out of your diet. Water is the bulk of muscle. You will see massive gains if you go on no-water. Shredded as fuark.

If you cramp up say, on your feet or toes - take a blowdryer and heat it up for a few seconds to shake the cramps off for a few minutes.

Mod I thought drinking water was actually really important? Explain this no water thing. What would I drink then?

Just do Insanity.
Stop eating. Just drink water + insanity for a month & you're a boss.

Did insanity and P90X before. Im looking to build from those :P

going along w/ whatever weird ass diet fad this 'keto' is will be fucking u up later. low-carb (but??? dairy?? why) will make u drop hella weight but u have very little to build off of, and u will most likely crash at some point because we need carbs. we really do. when i went no/low-carb it felt like when i had anorexia. (dizzy spells, unsteady heartbeat, the whole nine yards.)

my best recommendation is to get off any sort of preset diet, because not everything works for everybody, and just because u lose weight doesnt mean its good for ya. make changes in how u eat so that it leaves a lasting impression on u. restricting urself is pointless, and leads to binging and then guilt. :(

also heads up that subway eaters are more likely to underestimate the calorie content ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), and tbh subway sandwiches are able to be as bad as any fast food u could find. cooking for urself is the best bet: if u have the money, try going raw vegan ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). :rolleyes: ive been vegan (tho not raw vegan b/c $$$ lol) for a year and a half now, and ive been in the best shape of my life.

one of my favourite, quicker (ab) workouts is:

-1 minute plank
-15 bicycle crunches
-30 second side plank (right)
-15 bicycle crunches
-30 seconds side plank (left)
-15 reverse crunches
-15 hip ups
-1 minute v-sit

takes about 5 minutes; easy to do and shows nice results. (so ive been told :$)

long-distance, low-impact running builds lean, toned legs. short-distance, high-impact running builds muscular, defined legs. take ur pick. i try to get in at least an hour of cardio a day, and it DOESNT all have to be at once.

LOTS OF WATER U CANT HAVE TOO MUCH WATER DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT SAYS U CAN BECAUSE TBH...
clear pee is good pee ok

i think thats? about it! good luck and dont forget ur cute no matter what! ^___^

I'll try out that workout :) Thank ya.

Mod
10-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Mod I thought drinking water was actually really important? Explain this no water thing. What would I drink then?

I was jay kay about that, :P

It's a legit technique, but not sustainable and damaging in the long run - you feel on edge and shitty because you're basically starving yourself.
Peeps usually minimize meal size & water intake days before a bodybuilding comp to get ultra cut for the show, then gorge to get back up there as soon as it's over.

If you ever need an extra boost of aesthetics for a day or two, then go "no-water".

---

This is a guy who's been leaning for 4 years, went on what I said for a few days before his show.
But yeah, he was dying in the meantime:

No homo.

Bettser
10-22-2013, 09:42 PM
I was jay kay about that, :P

It's a legit technique, but not sustainable and damaging in the long run - you feel on edge and shitty because you're basically starving yourself.
Peeps usually minimize meal size & water intake days before a bodybuilding comp to get ultra cut for the show, then gorge to get back up there as soon as it's over.

If you ever need an extra boost of aesthetics for a day or two, then go "no-water".

---

This is a guy who's been leaning for 4 years, went on what I said for a few days before his show.
But yeah, he was dying in the meantime:

No homo.

I was gonna say. I drink a ton of water xD

Clydes
12-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Stick with your workouts, avoid stimulants, manage stress as it will steal weightlifting gains from you.