PDA

View Full Version : Fall Anime Season

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 04:52 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
^ What's everyone watching this season?

I enjoy my slice of life type of shows so I had a blast last season. But this season's more for those who enjoy the sports genre.

So far, I only have 2 shows on lock but I checked out quite a few so I'll just give a few of my thoughts on them :P

Kill la Kill

Made by the team behind Teppen Gurren Lagann & Little Witch Academia.
Basically, main girl transfers to this fascistic school in order to find out who killed her dad & finds herself having to go against the school president (who's like Hitler).
This is my top show of this season. It's everything I wished for. It's violent, doesn't take itself too seriously, has crazy characters & is beautifully drawn.
Just maybe leave your brain at the door when you watch Kill la Kill. You don't need it.

Why Kill la Kill is awesome:

Kyousougiga

Episode 0 made even less sense than Kill la Kill's Episode 1. It's crazy, flashy & damn fun.
But more importantly, this may actually have a plot. You don't have to watch episode 0 if you don't want to confuse the shit out of yourself but it makes watching from Episode 1 a much more interesting experience.

Kyoukai no Kanata

Replacing Free!, we now have Kyoukai no Kanata~ It's about this half demon half human boy who is basically immortal & a megane girl who can manipulate her blood at will & conjure up weapons. It's sort of slice of life with a supernatural twist? (I was hoping it'd be the other way round but mehhh). I wasn't all that impressed after 2 episodes. But this IS one of the more interesting stuff of the season. At the very least, the fight scenes are glorious & character designs are great. We also have our typical KyoAni moe traits in our female lead which I kinda dig. KyoAni shows tend to start out a bit slow, so this should pick up soon enough!

Coppelion

Tbh, I'm watching this for the voice actresses but it's actually quite decent. 20 years after a nuclear power plant meltdown, 3 genetically engineered girls are sent (in their very very short skirts btw!) to the city's largest ghost town to seek out any potential survivors. Apparently, lifeform has actually evolved a bit in order to adapt to the radioactive environment of the town. They kinda spent episode 1 just walking around the town but I think this show has potential to be interesting!
Edit: Episode 2 was boring too. Dropped!
PS: The backgrounds are GORGEOUS though.

Outbreak Company
One of the many fantasy based anime this season. I haven't checked out the other 2 but I had fun with this one.
Basically, the government found a world in another dimension & tries to export it's otaku culture to this new world. It's a very otaku pandering show with a half elf maid, a lizard gardener & a loli queen... but it was also very fun.
Show knows its premise is stupid & doesn't take itself too seriously. That's good enough for me!

Non Non Biyori
I like slice of life so I automatically liked this show. It's just about 4 village girls living their daily lives. Nothing much happens. It's low tension & really calming. A great contrast to all the sports based/action-fantasy based shows this season. (& it looks quite good too!)

Discuss this anime season here!!

PS: I'll add more when I watch more stuff lol.
\o/

Saru
10-10-2013, 05:12 AM
^ On that chart? Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, Saint Seiya Omega, and Yugioh Zexal. :P Looking into watching Toriko and Magi too though.

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 05:19 AM
I didn't mention the carryovers/those that already have more than 1 season. :P Or not I would totally stick Hunter x Hunter & Monogatari series 2 somewhere up there.
I kinda dropped OP anime. The quality really dipped by too much. Still keeping up with the manga though!

&& Magi manga >>>>> anime though.

Idk if I should read Toriko. It looks too manly for me.

Saru
10-10-2013, 05:34 AM
I don't like watching anime under 50 episodes, I grow too attached to the characters and I don't want it ending so fast. :rolleyes:

Toriko looks weird. But it's being compared with Naruto, DBZ and OP so it has to be good.

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 05:46 AM
I don't like watching anime under 50 episodes, I grow too attached to the characters and I don't want it ending so fast. :rolleyes:

Toriko looks weird. But it's being compared with Naruto, DBZ and OP so it has to be good.

I've heard about Toriko so much. Along with Berserk. But bulky guys scare me too much. Tell me if it's OP/DBZ level of good.
Short anime is good because you get a complete story without having to slog through 200hrs lol. And sometimes for long anime, I feel like the mangakas are dragging things out because of the $$ it's making.

Saru
10-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Imagine if Hunter x Hunter was only 24 episodes. Ending at the hunter exam arc. Wouldn't that suck?

I won't get around to watching that for a while though, I'm currently on a Gintama marathon and Pokemon X and Y is just 2 days away. :P

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Imagine if Hunter x Hunter was only 24 episodes. Ending at the hunter exam arc. Wouldn't that suck?

I won't get around to watching that for a while though, I'm currently on a Gintama marathon and Pokemon X and Y is just 2 days away. :P

That's because Hunter x Hunter actually has a good story :P
I'm talking about... actually nvm. Don't wanna be offending anyone.

& yep, Pokemon! I'm getting mine on the 12th too!

global superstar
10-10-2013, 03:14 PM
I think I'll give Diabolik Lovers a shot but I'm rather skeptical because I've heard there is a lot of BDSM and it's based off of an otome game? (Never been a big fan of otome games in general.)

Will probably give KnK a shot too.

Definitely looking forward to KnB season 2 and One Piece though. (Mostly for the GoM characters - Kagami pisses me off as a MC so bad.)

By the way what versions of Pokemon X/Y are you getting? I don't know yet so I might end up getting both. :S Also, just a heads up, there's supposed to be a torchic giveaway. :)

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I think I'll give Diabolik Lovers a shot but I'm rather skeptical because I've heard there is a lot of BDSM and it's based off of an otome game? (Never been a big fan of otome games in general.)

Will probably give KnK a shot too.

Definitely looking forward to KnB season 2 and One Piece though. (Mostly for the GoM characters - Kagami pisses me off as a MC so bad.)

By the way what versions of Pokemon X/Y are you getting? I don't know yet so I might end up getting both. :S Also, just a heads up, there's supposed to be a torchic giveaway. :)

I checked out Diabolik Lovers actually. There IS a lot of BDSM. xD It's sort of very entertaining in it's own way but it can be quite offensive if you're a feminist?
& definitely checking out KnB! (But when it finishes airing). I'm at around the late 500s for OP. I'll pick it back up someday when the arc wraps up in the manga.
^ I prefer marathoning these 2 shows for some reason.

I'm getting Y! /super excited.
We should all exchange friend codes or something :P

global superstar
10-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I checked out Diabolik Lovers actually. There IS a lot of BDSM. xD It's sort of very entertaining in it's own way but it can be quite offensive if you're a feminist?
& definitely checking out KnB! (But when it finishes airing). I'm at around the late 500s for OP. I'll pick it back up someday when the arc wraps up in the manga.
^ I prefer marathoning these 2 shows for some reason.

I'm getting Y! /super excited.
We should all exchange friend codes or something :P

I think what intrigues me about DL is the art style. :/ I've always been a fan of gothic/dark type designs.

Yeah, I like marathoning shows too. I just started One Piece recently and caught up on the manga so I think I'm going to try the anime now.

And I'll exchange friend codes with you once I get the game. :) Did you pre order it? I'm hoping there's going to be some in stock at my store but I think the chances will be good considering I live in a small town hahaha.

Saru
10-10-2013, 06:27 PM
/joins the Pokemon discussion

I'm getting X and my gf is getting both. She's obsessed with Furfrou. My starter will be Chespin. :P I agree we should exchange FCs buttt their is a topic for this in the Games section.

On topic, I bet you can't guess my favorite anime. Ever. Of all time. You've probably never heard of it. I love it. So much.

INAZUMA-FUCKIN'-ELEVEN
IT OWNS MY SOUL
[Only registered and activated users can see links] (actual quality isn't as bad as this video I promise)
IF YOU WANT YOUR HEART TORN IN PIECES, WATCH IT. THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO BAWLED AT CLANNAD//done

The sequel series, Inazuma Eleven GO, is still airing. Which means it's awesomebeans.

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 06:50 PM
I think what intrigues me about DL is the art style. :/ I've always been a fan of gothic/dark type designs.

Yeah, I like marathoning shows too. I just started One Piece recently and caught up on the manga so I think I'm going to try the anime now.

And I'll exchange friend codes with you once I get the game. :) Did you pre order it? I'm hoping there's going to be some in stock at my store but I think the chances will be good considering I live in a small town hahaha.

I like how the characters look a lot too. It was actually why I checked DL out! But the sexual tension may be a bit too high for me to handle. \o/
& yeap, I preordered my copy! Idk if I have time to run down to the shop to self-collect my copy though) But I should have mine on release date lol.

I'm getting X and my gf is getting both. She's obsessed with Furfrou. My starter will be Chespin. :P I agree we should exchange FCs buttt their is a topic for this in the Games section.

On topic, I bet you can't guess my favorite anime. Ever. Of all time. You've probably never heard of it. I love it. So much.

INAZUMA-FUCKIN'-ELEVEN
IT OWNS MY SOUL
[Only registered and activated users can see links] (actual quality isn't as bad as this video I promise)
IF YOU WANT YOUR HEART TORN IN PIECES, WATCH IT. THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO BAWLED AT CLANNAD//done

The sequel series, Inazuma Eleven GO, is still airing. Which means it's awesomebeans.

My starter will be Chespin too *high fives*

& I have never heard of the show. May have to check it out some day.
I have a heart of stone though.
/didn't really cry during Clannad
^ But this is the girl who has watched melodramas with her mum since she was 7.

My favorite show is obviously *pokes username* bakemonogatari.
It's just too awesome.

global superstar
10-10-2013, 06:55 PM

INAZUMA-FUCKIN'-ELEVEN
IT OWNS MY SOUL

I've heard of that LOL. Just never really got interested in it though. What's it about anyway?

I think I'm going to follow the hype and get fennekin hahahaha. I always liked the fire starters the best. If I do get a second copy I'll probably get chespin too though.

Saru
10-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Heartunderblade *high fives back* #TeamChespin for life. B)

global superstar Inazuma Eleven is, more or less, shounen soccer. Imagine Naruto/Bleack/OP/DBZ/whatever mixed with soccer. THE RESULTS ARE AH-MAY-ZAAAAANG! The concept gets more and more ridiculous as the series progress, but the current season discards Keshin and Mixi-maxing to return to the series' roots.

OKAY LISTEN UP MAGGOTS. THIS IS A KESHIN. [Only registered and activated users can see links] The user summons it, and performs a super over-the-top shoot like so: [Only registered and activated users can see links] AND THIS IS A KESHIN ARMED: [Only registered and activated users can see links] Yes, the user literally "wears" their keshin/persona thing. AND THIS IS A MIXI-MAX [Only registered and activated users can see links] This is the same dude as above literally fused with legendary samurai Oda Nobunaga. AND THEN THEY PERFORM THEIR OWN CRAZY OVER THE TOP SHOOT [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Damn I could talk about this show for hours.

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
I actually got a mail from my local shop saying I can pick my Pokemon copy today at 7. Which means in 10hrs. Dang but I don't wna queue.

I usually pick water starters but I hated this one. I love Fennekin too so I'll get that my second play through or something :P

EDIT: Saru
You're going to LOVE Kill la Kill if you love crazy.

Saru
10-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I actually got a mail from my local shop saying I can pick my Pokemon copy today at 7. Which means in 10hrs. Dang but I don't wna queue.

I usually pick water starters but I hated this one. I love Fennekin too so I'll get that my second play through or something :P

EDIT: Saru
You're going to LOVE Kill la Kill if you love crazy.
Well aren't you lucky. A shop in my city leaked the game the previous Tuesday. It was the first place in the world on record to leak the game, but they were hounded and reported by jealous gamers (doesn't that sound like the PC to you..?) so I couldn't buy a copy. A Nintendo representative flew down to their shop and told them they need to pay $2000 for every copy they sold not returned. Meh.

I really liked Fennekin, but then Delphox happened. It doesn't look like a loli witch :(((( Nah I kid, I kid.

No matter what I watch it will never give me the same feeling as Inazuma Eleven. Period. I went into a huge slump when I finished the original series over 2 years ago. The anime that got me going again was One Piece. Great work of art. I started watching Fairy Tail and HxH right after that. I LOVE SHOUNEN

Heartunderblade
10-10-2013, 08:57 PM
2000 bucks per game is harsh. Poor shop. But I guess they were being too blatant. I'm still collecting mine tmr since I really hate queuing.

I'm extremely picky with my shounen. Used to read Fairy Fail but the recent arc really turned me off. There's only a certain amount 'nakama power' I can take in a manga. But they use that to resolve everything! Don't think I've ever been a slump. I move on to the next anime pretty quickly. :P

Saru
10-11-2013, 09:54 AM
2000 bucks per game is harsh. Poor shop. But I guess they were being too blatant. I'm still collecting mine tmr since I really hate queuing.

I'm extremely picky with my shounen. Used to read Fairy Fail but the recent arc really turned me off. There's only a certain amount 'nakama power' I can take in a manga. But they use that to resolve everything! Don't think I've ever been a slump. I move on to the next anime pretty quickly. :P
This will be the last worldwide release Nintendo will ever do for a Pokemon game. Count on it. North America has lost Nintendo's trust.

I know what you mean by nakama power. The Tenrou Island arc was literally ended like [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Then again, every single season of Inazuma Eleven ends with the team "coming together" to unleash a bullshit hax shoot like so:

Heartunderblade
10-11-2013, 10:16 AM
This will be the last worldwide release Nintendo will ever do for a Pokemon game. Count on it. North America has lost Nintendo's trust.

I know what you mean by nakama power. The Tenrou Island arc was literally ended like [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Then again, every single season of Inazuma Eleven ends with the team "coming together" to unleash a bullshit hax shoot like so:

I don't really care about worldwide releases as long as I get the game eventually.

Tenrou arc was still okay. The Grand Tournament arc was like wtf. xD I don't mind nakama power when used sparingly but then you gotta have SOME rules in your shounen world. There is no power balance in Fairy Tail. You will just win by default if you have friends even if the opponent is supposed to be the strongest mage or wdv. It makes things SO predictable & pointless. I could rage about this all day but I shall stop. xD

Inazuma Eleven is something I probably won't watch even if it may be good
/not a sports anime fan
/not the biggest shounen fan
/rarely watches old stuff because I've been spoiled by the glossiness of current day anime art style

Saru
10-11-2013, 10:54 AM
I don't really care about worldwide releases as long as I get the game eventually.

Tenrou arc was still okay. The Grand Tournament arc was like wtf. xD I don't mind nakama power when used sparingly but then you gotta have SOME rules in your shounen world. There is no power balance in Fairy Tail. You will just win by default if you have friends even if the opponent is supposed to be the strongest mage or wdv. It makes things SO predictable & pointless. I could rage about this all day but I shall stop. xD

Inazuma Eleven is something I probably won't watch even if it may be good
/not a sports anime fan
/not the biggest shounen fan
/rarely watches old stuff because I've been spoiled by the glossiness of current day anime art style
I'm not a fan of the plot in Fairy Tail.. My favorite thing about the show though, are the characters. I LOVE THEM ALL. ERZA FTW.

You don't need to be a sports fan to apprciate the anime. I wasn't. Still ain't. It's not an old show. It started airing in late 2008 and the art is just glorious. If you didn't know, the series is made by Level-5, whom are responsible for Professor Layton and Ni No Kuni.

Fun fact: My username is named after my favorite character. This guy here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]'s_first_appearance_in_the_Chrono_Stone_game.P NG

Heartunderblade
10-11-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm not a fan of the plot in Fairy Tail.. My favorite thing about the show though, are the characters. I LOVE THEM ALL. ERZA FTW.

You don't need to be a sports fan to apprciate the anime. I wasn't. Still ain't. It's not an old show. It started airing in late 2008 and the art is just glorious. If you didn't know, the series is made by Level-5, whom are responsible for Professor Layton and Ni No Kuni.

Fun fact: My username is named after my favorite character. This guy here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]'s_first_appearance_in_the_Chrono_Stone_game.P NG

I do have a soft spot for the characters of Fairy Tail or I wouldn't have stuck with the story for so long. I never really took FT seriously until recent arcs because I thought they MAY actually move the story along by telling us more about the dragons. Also, the whole celestial gate thing had so much potential. Lesson: Don't have expectations.

& sweet.
Mine's from Monogatari.
Warning: Fanservice & dialogue heavy (the show in general)

My favorite show ever.

Dark_dragonz
10-11-2013, 04:30 PM
^ On that chart? Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, Saint Seiya Omega, and Yugioh Zexal. :P Looking into watching Toriko and Magi too though.

I'm going to start watching Yugioh Zexal as soon as my internet renews lol but I've heard so much negative things about it online so is it any good? haha I'm going to watch either way lol

Saru
10-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm going to start watching Yugioh Zexal as soon as my internet renews lol but I've heard so much negative things about it online so is it any good? haha I'm going to watch either way lol It drags out sometimes, and it starts out slow. But it does get interesting, and the characters are great as well. It's extremely over the top, even for Yugioh. Card games on motorcycles has nothing on this shit lol. [Only registered and activated users can see links] This is an example of what I mean. Be warned as it's a spoiler, techinically lol.

Dark_dragonz
10-11-2013, 04:49 PM
It drags out sometimes, and it starts out slow. But it does get interesting, and the characters are great as well. It's extremely over the top, even for Yugioh. Card games on motorcycles has nothing on this shit lol. [Only registered and activated users can see links] This is an example of what I mean. Be warned as it's a spoiler, techinically lol.

Haha thanks :) can't wait to watch it now lol

Tato
04-07-2014, 07:40 PM
I really enjoyed Kill la Kill! It was no Gurren Lagann, but it was still much better than I was expecting.
On the other hand, I really didn't enjoy Kyoukai no Kanata :/ I haven't seen the other anime you mentioned- did they turn out to be any good?