PDA

View Full Version : Any tips to changing my IP?

learningtoneopet1
10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
So I'm ip banned from neo now on my home ip after getting frozen a crap load of times, and today got on a few shells to cause some havoc in the TC ;). But now I'm kinda screwed since I hate proxies with a passion and I don't know how to change my ip so I can start under a new name... I have a dynamic ip address so I restarted my modem and left it off for an hour, which I heard apparently changes it, but it didn't... The only other way I can think of is doing a full on factory reset but the last time I did that... Let's just say I couldn't figure out how to put all the setting back, went without internet for a week, and had to pay a few hundred bucks for some service guy to fix it so don't really wanna go through that again :P. Any other ways I can change it? Or do I just have to use proxies from now on?

Lavendrae
10-09-2013, 09:06 PM
You could set up a VPN connection and connect to it before you get on.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!

It works well with disguising my IP address and doesn't slow down my internet at all.

Accelerator
10-10-2013, 05:13 PM
HotspotShield sounds nice for you...
Or... You can call your ISP to tell them to renew your IP address...

|2eap
10-10-2013, 05:15 PM
So I'm ip banned from neo now on my home ip after getting frozen a crap load of times, and today got on a few shells to cause some havoc in the TC ;). But now I'm kinda screwed since I hate proxies with a passion and I don't know how to change my ip so I can start under a new name... I have a dynamic ip address so I restarted my modem and left it off for an hour, which I heard apparently changes it, but it didn't... The only other way I can think of is doing a full on factory reset but the last time I did that... Let's just say I couldn't figure out how to put all the setting back, went without internet for a week, and had to pay a few hundred bucks for some service guy to fix it so don't really wanna go through that again :P. Any other ways I can change it? Or do I just have to use proxies from now on?

call your internet provider.
i'm ip banned as well.
hvent bothered to change ip though.
i just used elite proxies. so i could keep up with my accts when i was acct building. and i got bored of that so i'm onto diff things using VPN's and other things

janikanicolepi
10-11-2013, 02:00 AM
I have dynamic ip, and never been ban, but i have couple methods that you can try to get a new ip. go cmd and do /ip release (ipconfig /release). You can also press the reset button at the back of your modem which should also help reset your ip. Another method is leave your modem unplug for a couple hours, leave it over night and u should have a brand new ip by morning. Another method to force a new ip that i guarantee will work is go to your router setting and change the MAC address (i usually change the last 2 digit). Once you do that, you will lose connection cause router / modem can't communicate with each other. Now unplug your router and modem, power cycle, wait 2-5 minutes, then plug it back in, you should have a new ip. I hope one of the method i mention work, if not try everything i listed below.

Try Hotspot shield, there is a free version and there are also cracked premium version. Cracked preminum can be found through Torrent site.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Have you try Tor Browser? It's a firefox browser based proxy that provides new identity every time you open TOR.

Hideman is also another one, there is a free version for a certain amount of hours, and it refill once a week. hideman also have a pay version.

Okayfreedom is another proxy, the free version is counted by the amount of data you use, the more you use, the faster it runs out. It does not refill. I believe they gives the free user couple gigabytes. They also have a pay version.

Hidemyass is pretty popular, both free and pay is available.

Foxyproxy is also popular too, free, simple add-on for firefox

ewmeep
10-11-2013, 02:21 PM
;look on youtube for vid tut

Mechabolt
10-23-2015, 05:19 AM
There's many vpn out there. I usually use Hotspot shield, Hola vpn, and Vypervpn.

BGH
10-31-2015, 07:34 PM
Well other than the above proxies everyone listed as it was mentioned before call your ISP first. I mean if you have a dynamic IP it should change right away after u nplug your modem and replug after 5 mins. I do it all the time when I get banned in games other than neo.

Infiniti
11-01-2015, 04:23 PM
I see a lot of people have already given suggestions, but from my own experience; If you have a static IP like I used to have, you either have to call your ISP or try to unplug your modem from everything and leave it all unplugged for 24+ hours. I've had my own static IP reset from keeping it unplugged over night + an 8hr work shift.

Truly though, just give your ISP a call. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Or invest in a VPN. I use HideIPVPN and it's great. I have about 10 personal VPNs/country, and I think there's 3-5 countries. (p.s. in the Netherlands, file sharing is legal. Therefore, just put your vpn's location to the netherlands and download whatever you want without raising suspicion)

EDIT: Didn't realize how old this thread was, I think there's some good info on this page that newer users can come back to though