PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a tablet?

I_royalty_I
10-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Anybody have any recommendations for a new tablet?
I know all about the ipad, so don't really need to know about that. But if you want to compare one you have/like to the ipad that would be fine.

I'm going on a little shopping spree on bestbuy.com after a pretty busy weekend of tips. :o_o:

So I'm looking around but wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions as well!

Ken
10-08-2013, 10:38 PM
I'll still go with iPad over any others.:P

I_royalty_I
10-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I'll still go with iPad over any others.:P

Yeah, I like the iPad but there are still some other nice ones out there!
I saw the Microsoft tablet has office, I think that's pretty cool! :)

Ken
10-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I like the iPad but there are still some other nice ones out there!
I saw the Microsoft tablet has office, I think that's pretty cool! :)

Never knew there is a Microsoft tablet until today. Googled it, I think it's that one called 'Surface'? Looks dope!
I think that function's cool but there are other MS Office-like apps in other platforms, but then again if you're much more comfortable in using MS Office..
I think an Android-powered tab would be a nice option as well. Nexus 7 would be next on my list.

You have to think about why you're going to buy a tablet - what are you going to use it for, what apps do you need, etc.

I personally like iPad because of the apps (I mostly use it for social media) and then for my Canvas app for school. And the data on my cloud - the music and the other purchases, so I can't just jump over to a new device.xD

I_royalty_I
10-08-2013, 11:10 PM
I personally like iPad because of the apps (I mostly use it for social media) and then for my Canvas app for school. And the data on my cloud - the music and the other purchases, so I can't just jump over to a new device.xD

That's the main reason I would consider the ipad, I have all my apps/music/accounts all in the same place.
But I kinda wanna get a different one just to give something else a try. I thought I saw a commercial where the microsoft tablet was much cheaper than the ipad. I've got some more research to do for sure!

metaldroga
10-08-2013, 11:15 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
cdn3.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3421510/Sony_Xperia_Tablet_Z.jpg

sony windows tablet is amazing

Accelerator
10-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Yup, pretty much what Ken said, iPad or Nexus. Those would be my choices at least XD

Magikarp
10-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Surface has 2 types RT and Pro
RT is like an iPad uses apps from the Microsoft store
Pro is a computer inside a tablet. Like it runs like a normal laptop
microsoft store sucks

Android have wide variety of tablets
The nexus series are made by Google. Almost always supported. A new one just came out Nexus 7. Motorola made the hardware I believe.

Samsungs has pretty good line but imo the newest one Galaxy Tab 3 is pretty good. Don't get the older ones

Other tablets are fine but android are known for getting obsolete.

Dark_dragonz
10-09-2013, 01:26 AM
check this site out to compare features and rankings: [Only registered and activated users can see links] hopefully helps you make your decision :)