PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Time - spoilers, discussion, etc

Nyan
10-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that there are some fellow Adventure Time-rs around.

Can we just talk about how amazing this show is?

Actually I just wanted to post because I've been watching the newest season (5) and .. some of my feelings for certain characters have changed a bit.
(Spoiler for S5 EP 32 "Earth & Water")

I used to really like PB. But the more we learn about her the more I distrust(?) her.
I understand that she has a scientific / analytically mind and so she frequently treats people as subjects, but the way she planned to essentially torture Flame Princess in ep. 32 really upset me.

(uncomfortable opinion)

There is also a part of me that is fighting with the possible implications of PB's use of German. I really hate even thinking it but I'm somewhat reminded of Nazi Doctors and the awful things that human "subjects" were subjected to.
But at the same time she really does care for her candy subjects (at least most of them)...

General spoilers that follow up on my uncomfortable opinion

And of course Ooo is supposed to be a post-apocalyptic Earth after the Mushroom wars, which we get glimpses of through Simon and Marcie as well as when Finn/Jake/Lich travel through dimensions. Also in the episode 'The Vault' we see the early stages of the candy kingdom coming together and that there is a radioactive lake that runs under the current kingdom.

Just.. IDK MAN. POISON WAR FAMINE.
PEOPLE THINK THIS IS A KID'S SHOW AND IT'S SUPER CEREAL SOMETIMES.

icebox
10-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Adventure Time is one of few shows where I find myself becoming comfortable with some pretty dark theories about the setting etc.

I think I'm going to dress as Freak Deer for Halloween!

...and when I'm drunk I do a mean Tree Trunks impression

Nyan
10-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Adventure Time is one of few shows where I find myself becoming comfortable with some pretty dark theories about the setting etc.

I think I'm going to dress as Freak Deer for Halloween!

...and when I'm drunk I do a mean Tree Trunks impression

The darkness really creeps up on you. The first season you don't really notice things but as you start to get more back story and you think about events in other episodes some of it is pretty fucked up. (Oh but I love it so much)

Freak Deer is potentially a very creepy Halloween costume, lol.
I can imagine the Tree Trunks impression is pretty fab.

I'm debating being LSP for Halloween...
I feel like there will be a lot of LSPs out there.
I just watched one of the new episodes and met Shoko and I kind of want to be Shoko now.
But Primo or Cosmic Owl would be cool. Gah, I have no idea.

Broken
10-03-2013, 08:54 PM
oddly I'm just watching it now and have reached episode 20 season 5.

My favorite character has to be LSP, her lumps are so fine.