PDA

View Full Version : urgent :x do 4 IDs for me? +rep

evaline
01-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Pure Food and Drug Act, Panic of 1907, Muckrackers, and The Jungle. :)

All I need is the following questioned--
Who/What:
When:
Where:
Why was this significant?

Thanks! +rep

Khelddar
01-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Who/What: A book written by Upton Sinclair, in 1906, Named 'The Jungle". Which lead to the Pure Food and Drug Act
When: 1906, became effective January 01, 1907
Where: All across the USA
Why was this significant?
A book named 'The Jungle' (a classic muckraking novel), in 1906, lead to public outcry about the condition of meat packing plants. In response to this President Theodore Roosevelt had the Meat Inspection Act and the Pure Food and Drug Act passed in 1906. This Became effective on January 01, 1907. The Pure Food and Drug Act lead to what is know known as the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) established in 1930.

evaline I hope this is enough for you :)

evaline
01-23-2012, 06:16 PM
thank you :)

yukidaviji
03-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Panic of 1907

Who/What: a financial crisis that occurred in the United States when the New York Stock Exchange fell almost 50% from its peak the previous year. An economic recession.
When: 1907
Where: United Sates
Why was this significant:

This was an economic recession due to the stock market falling. People no longer trusted the banks and began to withdraw their money, so the banks couldn't pay back their loans or lend money to anyone. Many banks went bankrupt. The crisis was investigated and proposing future solutions, the federal reserve was created.

Hope that was what you needed!

SmokeToke
03-25-2012, 07:14 PM
evaline
Who/What: The Pure Food and Drug Act, is a United States federal law that provided the federal inspection of meat products and forbade the manufacture, sale, or transportation of poisonous patent medicines.
When: This act was formed on June 30, 1906.
Where: This is a federal law in the United States of America.
Why was this significant?: The Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 is cited by drug policy reform advocates such as James P. Gray as a successful model for re-legalization of currently prohibited drugs by requiring accurate labels, monitoring of purity and dose, and consumer education.

trix
04-03-2012, 09:36 AM
evaline
I know this is late but no one did this one :3

Muckrackers
What? A name applied to American journalists, novelists, and critics who in the first decade of the 20th cent. attempted to expose the abuses of business and the corruption in politics.
When? 1906 onwards
Where? America
Why was this important? The muckrakers' journalism resulted in litigation or legislation that had a lasting impact, such as the end of Standard Oil's monopoly over the oil industry, the establishment of the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906, the creation of the first child labor laws in the United States around 1916. Their reports exposed bribery and corruption at the city and state level, as well as in Congress, that led to reforms and changed election results.