PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon HeartGold Battle Frontier Help?

GOAT
01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Okay, so if there is anybody out there who plays this, please help. I have been trying to do the Battle Frontier in HeartGold, but it seems like I can't win. Any sort of team suggestions?

Phoenix
01-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I haven't done the battle frontier in a while :/ But I would recommend

Charizard, Lapras, Metagross, Raichu or Electavire, Tyranitar or Rhyperior and Breloom for more of a balanced team that covers most types.

j03
01-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Try Dragonite, too. Maybe EV train your pets, not sure how much of a help it will be though.

Zane
01-23-2012, 03:02 AM
Someone got really far using this team although the amount of setting up is boring. Although they did get 2366 wins in a row before they took a break.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP/4Def/252Spe
Nature: Bold
~ Trick
~ Thunderwave
~ Charm
~ Flash

Essentially weaken the opponent's first pokemon then switch to Drapion

Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252HP/56Def/196SpD/4Spe
Nature: Careful
~ Crunch
~ Acupressure
~ Substitute
~ Rest

With Drapion Acupressure, until +6 stats in def, sp def. and attack or whatever. Then substitute if you have enough hp and then use crunch. Note: Acupressure does not work while in sub.

Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252Atk/4Def/252Spe
Nature: Jolly
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance

Pretty standard. People consider it Uber in Pokemon Competive Play for a reason. Sword dance then wreck havoc.

Victoria
01-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Not much help but have you tried to Google this? Just put Battle Frontier in HeartGold team or something along the lines of that.
It helped me when i was trying to beat Soulsilver. (:

Slasher
01-23-2012, 07:06 AM
I had Gengar, Ampharos, Pidgeot, Lugia and Meganium. Seems balanced to me and if you don't have any other version to trade with, you can have any of those pokemons before battle frontier.

GOAT
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Well the thing is for one, I always tried to make my own team instead of going off the Internet. I am open to suggestions though, as I like to experiment with different Pokemon. I often also try and research the stats of Pokemon and such before I start raising them. I ended up raising a lot of Pokemon, EV training them, but this became one of my better teams:

EVs:255 SpA/255 Spe
Nature: Modest
~Signal Beam
~Flamethrower
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 255 SpA/255 Def
Nature: Quiet
~Dark Pulse
~Flash Cannon
~Magma Storm
~Earth Power

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 255 Atk/255 Spe
Nature: Lonely
~Fire Blast
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

I also have a Swampert and a Latios that I switch in at times, depending on how things are going.

Zane
01-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Well I might suggesting dropping Fire Blast on Salamence mainly due to his nature and that your other two are carrying a fire move as well. Instead maybe have dragon dance or Dracometeor (if you still want a special on it).

I think u-turn might be a better option than signal beam so you can switch out. As signal beam is only super effective on grass, psychic, and dark which flamethrower and shadow ball covers that pretty well. And you probably don't want to stay in with Azelf if the opponent is using a dark type pokemon anyways.

I'm really not that familiar with Heatran so I can't help you that much there. Although since I hate having attacks miss, maybe heat wave instead of magma storm?

Any specifics areas that you noticed that you are having trouble with in the battle frontier? Also substitute would be helpful as well in case you face those that use the 1-hit KO moves.

Slasher
01-25-2012, 07:16 AM
All your pokemon should be around level 5-60. Change Fire blast for Dragon attack/Flamethrower. Train your Swampert and Latios! Attacks like surf, psychic and earthquake are destroying the others :) If you really want, you should train an other pokemon, because you have two dragons in your team. Something like grass/electric

GOAT
01-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Okay yeah I suppose that Salamence shouldn't have Fire Blast by that logic, it is just that I wanted to cover his weaknesses as much as I could, but I guess Stone edge does that too...maybe a different physical type attack, or Dragon Dance. Good points. With Azelf, I wanted to capitalize on his Special Attack as much as possible, that is why I went with Signal Beam to deal with Dark types, along with the Expert Belt. If I ever run into a Sneasel or Weaville with Azelf I will make sure to switch out as fast as possible lol. With Heatran, I have been considering taking him out because he is weak to some of the most common types: Ground, Fighting, and Water. And I have only lost to one-hit KO moves once so I am not as worried about that. Oh and I never EVER put Latios and Salamence on the same team, that is just asking for it. Latios is my backup. By the way here they are...

EVs: 255 SpA/255 SpD
Nature: Modest
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Draco Meteor
~Luster Purge

Ability: Torrent
EVs: ...I don't really remember if I did any...
Nature: Mild
~Hammer Arm
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Cannon
~Earthquake

dodowong303
01-29-2012, 03:30 AM
I think the best way is cheat.....since it is not fair in the 7th battle 80 percent will lose.......

GOAT
01-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I am trying to avoid that as much as possible. I tried cheating to use legendary Pokemon but it really didn't give me too much different results. And what do you mean it isn't fair in the 7th battle?

victoriamle
01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
EV training will help a lot, if you haven't tried that yet ^__^

Slasher
01-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Beating the council for the first time with pokemons on level 60-70 shouldn't be hard ._. Do you have a lot of revives, full heals and hyper potions? I'm always having 20-50 of each. Which elite is killing you?

GOAT
01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah I have done EV training, it has helped somewhat. And Slasher.....what? Still on the Battle Frontier, no items allowed lol

Slasher
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
A sorry, my game is in french. What can't you go through?

GOAT
01-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Ohhhhhhh haha its okay. Well, it isn't like there is any definitive reason. So far, the best reason I can come up with has been bad luck and sometimes my team was week to one aspect. Like when I used Azelf, Heatran, and Salamence, a good Water type could hurt both Heatran and Salamence, considering many Water types use Ice type moves.

Slasher
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM

Try this site to make your team. It shows your strength/weakness

GOAT
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh nifty. Thanks! We will see how things go soon!

bourrache
02-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Have good EV/IV and a good strategy ready with mostly Sweepers. Smogon has some excellent strategy guides and can help out a bunch with building a nice team so I'd check that out. ;)

GOAT
02-04-2012, 01:09 PM
What would be classified as a sweeper?