PDA

View Full Version : any rubyists out there?

danielsan
08-25-2013, 12:08 AM
If you haven't gotten a chance to take a look at it already, I would definitely recommend trying it out. If you are interested, take 15 minutes and check out [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Duck4Cover
08-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Seems a lot like Python to me.
Pretty neat looking though.
I might have to check this out.

wrath
08-25-2013, 12:56 AM
I like python better than ruby from what I've read on the two languages, however, they have some strong similarities in comparison to other languages I've encountered. I love object-oriented languages and of the two, Python is the one that makes me happy.

danielsan
08-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Do you have any reasons or examples as to why you prefer python to ruby? I have tried learning python since picking up ruby, but I couldn't as get excited about it as I do with ruby. For me, coding in ruby has been the easiest and most enjoyable experience I have had since learning to program.

Jordan
02-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Python is a lot more powerful, and a lot more used than Ruby. Both are very similar in coding styles and the formatting, but when you do Python you are coming into territory where there are tons more opportunities to learn from others and help one another. I have seen hardly any who do Ruby based programs for Neopets.