PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my internet connexion

Slasher
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Since I've bought Lion (mac's update) my interenet connexion is always disconnecting, like almost every hours. What can I do? D:

Ryan~
01-21-2012, 03:01 PM
^ and then your internet will never work because you'll never have the right drivers...

Try: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Blu
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Why did you get a mac to begin with?

Ryan~
01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Because they are far superior than any PC. And much much prettier. And I can run windows on mine better than I can on crappy PC hardware :D
This thread isn't about Mac vs. PC, stop spamming.

Let me know if that link doesn't work Slasher.

And Im not being all Apple fanboy. I have owned MANY Windows Desktop PC and 3 PC Laptops.

I just prefer the overall aesthetics and ease of use of a Mac. AND I can play games via Windows on my Mac :) Not bashing anyone here, seriously.

Slasher
01-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks Bammeh for this link, I checked and tryed some tips, we'll see if they work :)
And yeah, Mac are really awesome. So much easy to use, best design and less virus.

Reemer
01-21-2012, 03:13 PM
^if you buy one drivers all come preinstalled. If you build one 80% come on one disk. :)

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Macs are far too expensive. They make you overpay for their hardware and the OS is way too much too. Its just a Linux flavor ya know.

Ryan~
01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm just saying. My girlfriends PC recently crapped out. Kept going into "startup repair" cycle. And wouldn't come out of it. So, I had to reinstall Windows. Lo and behold, I had to track down the drivers for it.

I just like Macs. Sure they cost a lot. But the only problem I've ever had with both of mine is when I purposely edited a major system file and it killed the computer. But even then, I fixed it easily :)

And yeah, I know it's a Linux flavor. but I have the money to spend on them, so it's not really a negative thing for me.

I could probably easily build a machine and throw OSX on it with some work. Right?

I hate Mac vs PC debates. lol I like one thing, you like another.

Slasher
01-21-2012, 04:25 PM
God I just called Apple. It last 25 minutes (around 15 minutes of waiting) and guy just told me to close and reopen my modem and computer -_-' Did not help...

Reemer
01-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Do other computers on your network do this too? Does the internet work on them? Could be your ISP.

John
01-21-2012, 04:37 PM
this happened with my mom's imac, she took it in and there was a faulty part, they replaced the entire computer

Slasher
01-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I think that my other computer and ipod are doing this too D: Since I've installed Lion, my iMac is making crash my internet :mad:

Ryan~
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't know if the iMac can "crash" the ENTIRE network. Maybe it can, I don't know/ Try Apple again and tell them everything that is happening. Keep them on the phone while they suggest things and when they dont work, tell them. Do you have a warranty or insurance?

Efron
01-22-2012, 02:40 PM
this happened to me on my macbook, only would happen on my schools network, but now its fine, but I used to ping yahoo.com in terminal and that sometimes helped

Slasher
01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks everyone. I went to the apple store and they told me my modem was too old for Lion. I'll change it and see if it'll work :)

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Topic closed