PDA

View Full Version : wanting to not be fat anymore.

Mojo
07-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok, I just noticed today how pudgy Ive gotten since freshman year.
I can see it in my face, mostly. My dimples arent as big ;~;

Like.. ok.
I want to look like this:

(me freshman year)
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

and not this:

(me this year)

I wanna be skinny again. :(
Anyone have tips?

I dont have a favorite kind of exercise and my mom buys the food, and gets pissed off when I ask to eat healthier.
So I'm kind of SOL there.
But idk, I could maybe spare some cash to buy my own food if I knew what to go for...?
I need help. And a workout buddy.

Cath
07-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Food is everything, trust me.
Even if making a ton of exercise, if you don't eat healthy, this is all going to waste.

When you are hungry between meals, try to eat a fruit or something. This way, you will take lower portions when eating meals, and it will stop you from eating any dessert after. Be sure to have vegetables/fruits in your plate, not only meat or cereal products (that's basically sugar and won't help).

Then, all you have to do, is exercise everyday if possible or a few times a week and keep having good healthy habits. :)

Owl
07-31-2013, 05:21 PM
- If you can't immediately trace back the first ingredients, avoid eating it.
- Eat only when you're hungry- lots of green, lots of lean.
- Lots of tiny meals throughout the day > few big meals (You wanna' keep your metabolism runnin')
- Get moving (even if it's just walking/biking around the neighborhood
- Try counting your calories, watching what you put in your body (Myfitnesspal is a fantastic tool)
- As far as your mom being a Negative Nancy about eating healthier, screw that bad attitude of hers. Try sneaking it in. Be all "Yo mom, I'm craving a huge salad with some grilled chicken." or "Hey, doesn't some fish sound swell, you grumpy downer?"

ps you're totally adorable no matter what weight you are~

Skol
07-31-2013, 06:01 PM
You look very pretty in both pictures! :) The most important thing, about anything involving self image, is confidence! It's very important to have a positive goal and not fall into the trap of a negative self image. Remaining positive and optimistic is the most important thing! :encouragement:

Alright, so now that we start there, lets talk about calories. First things first, you are in control of what you eat. It's totally understandable if what is available to you is limited, but the freedom is in what you do with it. It is very possible to lose weight and be healthy without going vegan or purchasing all organic. It's very important to eat healthy, but there's different ways of doing so. If you want to be extremely controlling, you can count calories. Having a general idea of your caloric intake is obviously good, but some prefer to measure it exactly when trying to lose weight. You can do this easily by checking nutritional facts or, if it's a food you're not totally sure of (like a few slices of pizza), you can look it up at a site like this which will give you a general idea ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). If you do go for counting calories, it's good to keep track of it on the computer, like excel or word, or in a journal. Keeping track is also a great way to look back in see your progress, or what has been working well or not very well for you. Counting calories is only important if you know how much you're burning, though. For that, we need to start with your BMR, or base metabolic rate. This is how much your body burns just being you, breathing, pumping blood, thinking, etc. You also add some for how active you are day to day, and obviously this varies person to person. For a general idea, I recommend this BMR calculator ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Got it so far? Let's actually talk about the food. There are certain things you want to avoid at all costs: Transfats, enriched grains, highly processed foods, artificial perservatives and high-fructose corn syrup (which is unfortunately widely used) for certain, along with generally bad things like not exceeding your recommended daily intake of saturated fats, sugars and sodium. What does this mean? It means you can eat chips (though they're bad) and still maintain a healthy, weight loss diet. You just have to be aware of what you do. There's no great secret to losing weight, no one food that will do it for you, you just need to take in less calories every day than you burn. What is important to note here, is that you still need to eat! It's generally advised to reach around 2000 calories a day, but obviously this varies from person to person depending on physical stats. If you starve yourself, or binge and purge, your body will only self-destruct. When starving, your body will go into reserve mode and try to conserve and retain as much fat as you can, even burning muscle. With vomiting, you'll see the terrible effects from the stomach acid attacking your throat and mouth as well as unsafe weight fluctuation and more. Both starving and purging are dangerous and sometimes fatal, malnutrition being obvious but many other symptoms are possible. Now that we have the lecture out of the way, what do you want to look for? Vegetables are AWESOME! Broccoli is great for you and doesn't taste terrible, peas, spinach and salads rock (just avoid the shockingly fatty dressing). A healthy amount of protein, along with fruits (especially those richly colored, like blueberries, blackberries, watermelon is excellent) will put you on the path to success. Watch your sugar, and stay away from deserts, they're pointless lol. Indulge LIGHTLY once in a while, but remember what you're working for and stay motivated to avoid temptation! If you can, avoid excessive wheat and starch consumption, whole grains are great but most bread is pretty heavy (don't even get me started on white bread lol). As long as you maintain exercise and healthy diet, it's okay to have a big meal, I love Italian dishes myself, but I realize that I have to do more to keep my caloric intake lower than my burn. Just make sure you get the vitamins and nutrients you need, someway or another, and you're good to go. Multivitamins, and those drinks that aren't mostly sugar or sodium are great. NO FAST FOOD. It's GARBAGE even if it tastes and smells delicious. Just remember that it is full of nasty stuff and prepared in unsanitary conditions most times, and stay strong. Another good idea, drop the soda addiction. I was terrible with it, there's a bunch of crap in it too. If you still want soda, look for those drinks made with real sugar (the Pepsi company makes "throwback" versions of some drinks which are made without shit).

AVOID ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS! There are quite a few studies that show that they're no better for losing weight than regular sweeteners.

By the way, if you drink, alcohol is rich in calories xD.

Drink lots of water! Drinking a glass at the beginning of the day is a great start, and the suggested daily intake is about 1.4L. Avoid over-hydration as much as being dehydrated, some call it "water poisoning" but there is such a thing as too much mater.

YAY, EXERCISE! Find what works for you. Some like running, I'm not really a huge fan but it is good. Swimming is excellent exercise that works your whole body, rowing machines, biking, stairs (master or not), whatever you're most comfortable with. Actually, don't be afraid to push outside your comfort zone. It's tough to lose weight, so you have to work hard. I've taken up Gatorade's saying of "ONE MORE!" to think to myself to keep going, motivate. If you're counting calories, gym machines will help you out, newer ones will ask your height, weight, age, favorite color, vocation and more and help you accurately see how much you're burning. There are some awesome machines, I've seen a bike and a rower, that have this little screen on it, and you actually run a course or can race the person next to you lol. I like to watch the news or listen to music, helps either with motivation or distraction. With exercising, there are some schools of thought that say monitoring the perfect "burn zone" of heart rate can accelerate weight loss, here's one website ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) if that interests you.

That's all I can think of at the moment, sorry, been a loooong day at work... :worked_till_5am: Let me know if have any questions, and I'll try to help you out. I wonder if I should make a guide in general...

Good luck, stay positive, a gym buddy is helpful or just let us know and we'll cheer you on! :encouragement:

Jolz
07-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Mojo

Please please please do not think I am being horrible.

Most of the time I have seen you on webcam on TC, you are eating/drinking McDonalds or what looks to be one anyways.

Fast food and soda, cut them out and you will more then likely start to loose weight without actually doing anything.

I'm not talking like dropping 5 sizes and getting a six pack but you will start to lose some weight and loose "excess flab"... also will clear up your skin, I'm not saying you have spots, I'm just saying it is a positive side effect :)

Something you can bear in mind to help you. Most people have heard the diet advice "eat till you're satisfied, not till you're full" well that, but the human stomach is roughly the size of your fist and you only need to eat a fist size worth to have a full meal. More small meals is better then a few large ones.

Also, even slight dehydration can causes the feeling of hungry, when you are feeling a little big hungry, drink a glass off water and give it 15 mins and you will find your hungry will probably go away.

Mojo
07-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Omg I'm such a fatty you're right ;;
Problem is, no one likes to cook in my fam so fast food is pretty much a necessity. So I guess I'm doomed to be "fat and happy" as my mom calls it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll read it again when I'm less upset. <3

Maths
07-31-2013, 09:02 PM
I think you're prettier in the second picture and to be honest I've always found you really good looking.

If you really do want to get skinnier it is your choice and I completely understand but you have my opinion right here.

Jay
07-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Mojo

I put on 50 pounds since freshman year 6 years ago and i lost 20 pounds of muscles along with gaining more fat.
You are not the only one (; ^ ;)

jena
07-31-2013, 09:14 PM

Wow, you made an account just to bully a lovely person. Kudos to you, you're an A+ asshole.
Jo is fucking beautiful and she has something that you will never have, and that's a kind heart.

No matter what you look like physically, you will always be an ugly person because of how you treat people.

Jules
07-31-2013, 09:19 PM
I ate healthy for a month once and lost 15 pounds. I just bought bags of lettuce and had salad every day for dinner, oatmeal and a piece of fruit for breakfast, and instead of lunch I'd have 2-3 snacks throughout the day depending on how hungry I was, I normally had something like carrots or fruit. I didn't even work out at all which was the best part. Sadly, I gained it all back because once summer started I went out to eat with my friends a lot which basically ruined by whole eating schedule. Personally, I've found that I've lost weight when I stopped eating red meat, snacks, and only drank water and occasionally fat free milk

Reese
07-31-2013, 09:34 PM
I was never just morbidly obese, but growing up I was pretty chubby--this past spring I just decided to do something about being overweight, and joined Track. I dropped about thirty pounds in three months just by straggling behind everyone else and trying my best :P.

I'm not sure if it's viable for you, or if it would work, but just jumping in to heavy exercise(from walking one hour two or three times a week to running an hour and a half or so daily--the first week or so was a stepping stone to actually being able to do it :P) worked--it was brutal for the first few weeks, but now I feel much better physically and mentally :) (and I've learned to like jogging :D!)

Colby
07-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Honestly you're not alone. I also recently decided that I wanted to work on losing weight.
I was a stick in highschool and then once I got out I gained about 30 pounds and I would love to lose 15-20.
I've already lost some and really that's just because I switched soda to water. It's a small start but it sure did a whole hell of a difference on my body and the way I felt. I felt so much healthier without drinking all that soda. It's hard to just one day change up your whole diet but if you want to start small then just start by drinking water.

allstarhunk69
07-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Luckily I have never had to deal with weight issues but I have helped plenty of friends so hopefully my words carry weight.

How you eat is in fact important. Don't eat "healthy" thing-ie things you assume are healthy cause they have a veggie or two in them or sugary fruit shakes. Eat raw foods...ie very basic dishes. Teach yourself to eat simply to fuel your body and not for gratification. It's hard at first but you get into the groove.

I would suggest soft or hard boiled eggs for breakfast with two slices of whole wheat toast. Greek yogurt makes great high protein snacks. Protein is gonna be the name of the game. I'd suggest buying a whey protein powder and have one or two of those a day. Keep track of your calorie intake. Don't go too far over or under what your body needs.

Sadly though a big mistake that people make is thinking that dieting alone is any form of solution. Exercise is so crucial. And not just running or walking or whatever. Weight training is very important whether its with dumbbells etc or just your body weight. Muscle will define your body and fix all the issues (and you eat the protein to fuel this).

It's also going to take time. It's a commitment that may take a month or two to really see results. Stay strong. Make a routine. The harder and more frequent that you work-the quicker you will see results.

Best of luck and if you have any questions feel free to pm me

Meddek
07-31-2013, 11:11 PM
You're a cutie patootie before and after. You might also look into going Vegitarian. Red meat is a lot of fat intake.

Mojo
07-31-2013, 11:29 PM
I think you're prettier in the second picture and to be honest I've always found you really good looking.

If you really do want to get skinnier it is your choice and I completely understand but you have my opinion right here.

You have no idea how much this helped me out, Mathsie.
Like seriously, it made my heart so happy.
Thank you. <3 <3 <3

And thanks to everyone else. (: I guess eating healthier wouldn't hurt me in the slightest. Jolz is right, I do depend on fast food. A LOT.
But I'm not going to do it to look any better. And 1991 can just look at the new me that "ate" the freshman me, cause I'm honestly not out to impress him.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

You're a cutie patootie before and after. You might also look into going Vegitarian. Red meat is a lot of fat intake.

I tried that once... Yeah, I need my meat. ;~;
I get woozy without it.
(And thank you! :D)

Forever
07-31-2013, 11:45 PM
First off, do not listen to ANYONE who tells you that cutting out fat is the way to lose fat.

My mom runs two popular food/weight loss blogs (and has been doing so for several years). I work as her editor/assistant, so I know a ton about this stuff. Here are just a few things.

1. Do not stress about exercise/cardio. 15 minutes a day can make a huge difference; you don't have to go out and run ten miles daily.

2. Weight loss is almost entirely attributed to diet. I understand that you are in a tight situation with your mom and all, but you don't necessarily have to go out and buy "healthy" foods. Just focus on eating less processed food, and start doing some more home-cooking!

3. Research ketosis. Ketosis is when your body is running off of fat storage rather than glucose. This can be achieved by cutting out carbs, starches, and sugars. It can be very difficult, but once you get the swing of things, you will find that it is VERY effective. You will feel fuller, experience less cravings, think more clearly, and drop weight steadily.

4. Consider seeing a doctor and finding out which foods your body is sensitive too. I did this, and found out that I was actually unable to digest gluten, which is found in nearly all grains (celiac disease). Just removing it from my diet had me dropping weight effortlessly.

5. FAT IS NOT THE ENEMY. It is a common misconception. Eating a diet with lots of fats found in meats/oils actually REINFORCES weight loss.

Best of luck to you!

Jolz
08-01-2013, 02:23 PM
First off, do not listen to ANYONE who tells you that cutting out fat is the way to lose fat.

Just focus on eating less processed food

Cutting out fat IS a great way to loose weight.

monzter
08-01-2013, 02:44 PM
In short:

Calories in VS Calories out.
You gotta be eating less than you're consuming.

For starters, keep the caloric deficit to 500 per day.
Anything lower and it could end up burning you.

You should typically strive to lose 4lbs ish per months.
Id say maximum 5.

Chances are, any diet that's too rapid isn't a good one.
There's a saying.
Losing weight is 80% dieting. 20% cardio/ weightlifting etc.

Hit me up if you need more tips/ pointers.
I myself have lost a ton of weight and am leaner and stronger than ever! :D

You should also do a little research on clean eating.
Brown rice, ezekiel bread and other such high fibre foods are the one's you should be consuming (unless you have kidney problems or are diabetic)
Such foods keep you feeling satiated for longer.
You should also avoid empty calories (ie. foods that contain no nutritional benefits whatsoever and typically contain high levels of sugar/ saturated fat/ salt etc). These foods do not truly satisfy your body. As a result, your body goes to look for more food. This typically results in overeating.

Dont totally cut out junk food though.
Everything in moderation is fine :P
A 'cheat' snack or 'cheat day' once in a while (eg.once a month) is fine so long as you keep true to it.
You can't completely cut foods that you enjoy out simply because they're unhealthy.
Like i said, discipline is critical.
Most times, diets dont work because people do not see the results after 1 month of dieting and as a result, jump straight back to their usual diet of gluttonous eating. This phenomenon is commonly known as 'yo-yo dieting'.
Always know that diets do work provided you stick to it ardently and consistently. Changes don't happen in a fortnight. ;)
Just know that in the long run, you WILL see a change if you're true to the diet.

P.S
You should strive for be toned rather than skinny.
You'd be healthier anyway :P

Forever
08-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Jolz

Just... no. -___-;

Generalizations like that are extremely unhelpful. Trans-fat, saturated-fat, and glucose are what lead to weight gain, and those are typically found in PROCESSED foods, especially the kind that say things like "zero fat". Eating plenty of healthy fats (the kind found real food, like healthy oils and meat) aids in weight loss. Your body needs that fat to have optimize its digestive system.

Just look up "fat fallacies". Anyway, I'm not up for having a debate with someone who doesn't know the facts. The blogs that my mom and I run have thousands of followers, and both she and I have dropped plenty of weight simply by taking the advice I posted on this thread.

Jolz
08-01-2013, 03:25 PM
[/COLOR]Jolz:

Just... no.

Generalizations like that are extremely unhelpful. Trans-fat, saturated-fat, and glucose are what lead to weight gain, and those are typically found in PROCESSED foods, especially the kind that say things like "zero fat". Eating plenty of healthy fats (the kind found in healthy oils and MEAT) aids in weight loss. Your body needs that fat to have optimize its digestive system.

Well, its a good thing you're mum has a blog... wish mine did because that would make me correct at everything as well.

You win this round but next time... I will have my whole family make blogs... lets see how good you are then!!!

P.S when people say "cut out fat" I don't think they mean "stop eating lean steak and salad" I think they mean burgers... is that clear enough or should I put it in a blog?

Forever
08-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Well, its a good thing you're mum has a blog... wish mine did because that would make me correct at everything as well.

You win this round but next time... I will have my whole family make blogs... lets see how good you are then!!!

P.S when people say "cut out fat" I don't think they mean "stop eating lean steak and salad" I think they mean burgers... is that clear enough or should I put it in a blog?

1. Lean meats are low on fat, and are typically suggested by those who - again - don't know the facts. And salad contains little to no fat. Good job.
2. Burgers are just fine under the right circumstances. If you get the meat from local farms and take care to avoid white buns, then they're a perfect and delicious way to get your meat.
3. Well, pardon me for mentioning the blogs, but I think that I'm a bit more educated on the topic than you are. That was my point.

Jolz
08-01-2013, 03:40 PM
1. Lean meats are low on fat, and are typically suggested by those who - again - don't know the facts. And salad contains little to no fat. Good job.
2. Burgers are just fine under the right circumstances. If you get the meat from local farms and take care to avoid white buns, then they're a perfect and delicious way to get your meat.
3. Well, pardon me for mentioning the blogs, but I think that I'm a bit more educated on the topic than you are. That was my point.

Mojo

Most of the time I have seen you on webcam on TC, you are eating/drinking McDonalds or what looks to be one anyways.

Jolz is right, I do depend on fast food. A LOT.

Next time you reply, try reading the previous topics hun ;) That way you won't look silly :P

Can you please point out where she is having these healthy burgers? lol

P.S My mum was a fitness and aerobics instructor for about 15 years, you're mum runs blog... practice over theory.... and I have myself lost A LOT of weight, ask Owl lol

oh and one more quote ;)

Jolz

Anyway, I'm not up for having a debate with someone....

Pretty sure you are

Forever
08-01-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm just saying that she doesn't have to stop eating certain foods (like burgers) if she wants to lose weight. And as I've said, both she and I (and many of her followers) have lost plenty of weight. Not by rigorously exercising, but by changing the way we eat.

And I don't know if I would call this a debate. You're just being plain nasty. o_O

Good day to you.

Jolz
08-01-2013, 03:54 PM
And I don't know if I would call this a debate. You're just being plain nasty. o_O

And you have been amazingly pleasant :)

I'm not up for having a debate with someone who doesn't know the facts.

typically suggested by those who - again - don't know the facts.

I think that I'm a bit more educated on the topic than you are. That was my point.

Do you always assume people don't know what their talking about and belittle their intelligence before realising you didn't read what was said previously and in doing so making yourself out to be the one who "don't know the facts" ???

Put that on your blog

Skol
08-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Jolz, Wolfy

Hey guys please! No drama, let's keep it civil. There are a lot of different schools of thought when it comes to dieting, there is no one right or wrong answer. Whatever works for you is good, hug it out and let's be friends, please?

Pllleeaaaaseeee?

Mojo
08-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Jolz, Wolfy

Hey guys please! No drama, let's keep it civil. There are a lot of different schools of thought when it comes to dieting, there is no one right or wrong answer. Whatever works for you is good, hug it out and let's be friends, please?

Pllleeaaaaseeee?

BOLT OMG
WHO ARE YOU
CAN I HAVE YOUR BABIES
OMG DISNEY GIF
YES

(a look into jo's brain, guys. it's a scary place.)

Skol
08-01-2013, 11:50 PM
BOLT CAN I HAVE YOUR DISNEY GIF

Haha I LOOOOVE Bolt! :dog:

Def one of my favorite movies of all time. Disney in general is dope. Have been exposing the 2 yr old neice to it recently, she loves it too lol. Guess we have to talk Disney sometime in a different setting. :$

Mojo
08-02-2013, 04:31 AM
ffffffffffs o.o
SKYPE ME
or well. Pm me for it :P
I need to be friends with you.
Right. Now. Omg.
Skol

ladyoftheflowers
08-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't think there's a huge difference in weight between the two pictures?
You're just a lot happier, smiling bigger in the second one. I always look larger when I have a huge smile on my face, and I weigh 90lbs.

Though I don't think you've gained as much weight as you think you have: I don't have much advice for dieting.. my weight's always been constantly up and down with next to no effort from myself.
But, definitely stop eating out!! I ate out for maybe a month or two straight and gained 10lbs. Not cool lol. ANY kind of food, too, not just McDonalds. All I really ever had was pizza, salads and chicken burgers when I gained that weight.

The best thing you can do is learn to cook yourself if your family doesn't want to cook for you. :D

Mojo
08-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't think there's a huge difference in weight between the two pictures?
You're just a lot happier, smiling bigger in the second one. I always look larger when I have a huge smile on my face, and I weigh 90lbs.

Though I don't think you've gained as much weight as you think you have: I don't have much advice for dieting.. my weight's always been constantly up and down with next to no effort from myself.
But, definitely stop eating out!! I ate out for maybe a month or two straight and gained 10lbs. Not cool lol. ANY kind of food, too, not just McDonalds. All I really ever had was pizza, salads and chicken burgers when I gained that weight.

The best thing you can do is learn to cook yourself if your family doesn't want to cook for you. :D

:P I weighed about 120 pounds in the first pic. Pushing 170 now.
And I'm 5' 2" so thats not ok.

And ok, thank you! (: I'll definitely lay off the fast food.

Meddek
08-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm just saying that she doesn't have to stop eating certain foods (like burgers) if she wants to lose weight. And as I've said, both she and I (and many of her followers) have lost plenty of weight. Not by rigorously exercising, but by changing the way we eat.

Good day to you.

Suggesting someone cut out red meat is a great way to cut fat. Chicken and Fish are better ways to still get your protein and not as much excess fat. You can cut out meat all together and still get your proper protein intake with nuts and veggies. The healthy protein intake that someone needs is actually way less than people think. You only need 0.8 grams of protein per Kilogram of body weight.

Here is a great reference if someone were to choose to take this route: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

|2eap
08-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Mojo

Please please please do not think I am being horrible.

Fast food and soda, cut them out and you will more then likely start to loose weight without actually doing anything.

I'm not talking like dropping 5 sizes and getting a six pack but you will start to lose some weight and loose "excess flab"... also will clear up your skin, I'm not saying you have spots, I'm just saying it is a positive side effect :)

Something you can bear in mind to help you. Most people have heard the diet advice "eat till you're satisfied, not till you're full" well that, but the human stomach is roughly the size of your fist and you only need to eat a fist size worth to have a full meal. More small meals is better then a few large ones.

Also, even slight dehydration can causes the feeling of hungry, when you are feeling a little big hungry, drink a glass off water and give it 15 mins and you will find your hungry will probably go away.

Milk too, a glass of milk will fill ya up

Mojo
08-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Milk too, a glass of milk will fill ya up

I'm very much lactose intolerant.

|2eap
08-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Then water would do :P Mojo

noreti
08-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Mojo
dahling, the goal here shouldn't be to get skinny, it should be to get healthy.
one of my extremely close friends, lucie, is french-vietnamese and has a body type that means she will never be 'skinny'. she goes running every day, bikes with her husband in marathons and cooks all-natural, all-healthy meals every day! she's in amazing shape, with guns like you wouldn't believe, and hasn't had a health issue in years.
what you should be focusing on is not your appearance. you're beautiful!
eating disorders run in my family. my sister still struggles with hers- for a long time she was in the hospital being force-fed because her body couldn't accept food she had been starving it for so long. a few weeks ago she called me, in tears, because she found a stretch mark on her thigh. her life is a constant struggle to eat, to love the way her body looks. my sister is beautiful- unbelievably so. she's a part-time model and has the face of a fucking angel.
but my family has a disposition to EDs, and she hates the way she looks.
i struggled in highschool- not to the same extent, but still- i struggled. there was a period of about 8 months in which i didn't get my period because i was consuming little over 300 calories per day and exercised every night after my family was asleep. i almost killed myself because one day I stepped on the scale and saw 140 in flashing numbers.
i haven't checked my weight in years but i'm assuming i'm somewhere around the 150 mark now.
my lowest weight in highschool was 93 pounds, and i hated myself more than anything. in case you were wondering, i'm about 5"8. that's a bmi 14.1- a healthy bmi is 21.
nowadays, i eat healthy. sure, i still eat homecooked burgers every once and a while, but my average meal consists of grilled chicken, some salad, and a huge cup of homemade tea. i enjoy food- i savor it, i chew it, i look forward to every meal. tonight i'm having tikka masala curry- i can smell it right now. :)
i can run, jump, play- maybe i'm not as active as i should be, but i feel good. my body feels good- i don't get dizzy as often as i used to, i never faint, my joints don't ache, i don't get sick often- i'm healthy.
so yeah, my thighs jiggle and i'm a size 8 instead of a 00, but honestly, i'm so much happier now, being healthy, than i ever was being 'skinny'.
don't aim to lose weight, or look a certain way.
aim to feel good.
that's my advice.

Soul
08-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Yes, I didn't want to read through all of this because I don't have the time to (literally I am about to head to work). But from what I have seen; all it takes is a bit of daily exercise (not even that much unless you're planning to build muscle for abs and stuff in the relation) and proper food proportions. That's the big one. Proportions of food and what the food is you eat is a big deal. Cut out snacking, and if you snack; eat something light and healthy. One of my friends from IL used to be a little chubby guy. All he did was cut out snacking and he's so skinny now. It was cray. My brothers that are twins both had a weight problem. They just talk a walk regularly every day, and watch their proportions. They lost so much weight and now they're really skinny.

I had a special diet plan I was following and I lost like 20 pounds super fast, but at a healthy speed. But I got lazy after a while. But I am fairly certain that I still have the paper with the plan on it. I need to get back into that. All it did was designate how much meat/milk/protein/vegetables/fruit/water/sugar/fat/bread I could have a day. And once I reached my limit on that day for whatever whether it be bread or fat or meat; I'd have to not eat any of those the rest of the day. And it made me feel a lot better. My days were less stressful and I was much more comfortable. And I was losing weight. So if you can find a diet like that to stick to; you would be very well off. Hell, I'd do it with you so we could keep each other accountable. ^~^

grrrawr
08-04-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm very much lactose intolerant.

Yes because that stops us :rolleyes:

Mojo
08-04-2013, 04:59 PM
So if you can find a diet like that to stick to; you would be very well off. Hell, I'd do it with you so we could keep each other accountable. ^~^

Yes please. :) Skype me about it.

And grrrawr I would never drink a glass of milk. That shit is poison.
A bowl of ice cream is a different story :rolleyes:

pinkiwie
08-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Mojo
I think everyone already told you about eating healthy (less sugar, more protein ! :) ) and doing exercise. I thought these could also help you :

- Here's a website ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) a friend suggested to me once (I personally haven't tried it), and she told me it was THE thing that made her love training and doing sport. There are a lot of short videos (12 minutes or less) showing you how to exercise, from cardio to muscle-building (even yoga !)

- A friend of mine wrote a book about her weight loss process : 213 pounds to happiness ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) ; it can be inspiring for you to see someone who succeeded to lose 50 pounds ! (Really NOT meaning you have to lose that much)

- I also love the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease collection ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) - it sounds really weird, but it's very fun ! ^^

What you have to do is finding a sport you'll like, and mix it with a healthy diet. And perseverance ! ;) Hope that helps xx

GOAT
08-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Sorry, I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I agree with everyone else, it all starts with diet and exercise. You could try switching to Subway a couple times a week, their stuff is healthy and I get a foot-long cold cut combo for $5.35. I used to be pretty chubby myself, but I really thinned out whenever I went to high school and started soccer conditioning. If there are any clubs or teams locally that you could join, just for fun, that would also be good too.

All this is irrelevant though. What matters most is what you feel about you. If you want to lose a bit of weight, go for it. But don't ever feel like you have to or are pressured to. And ESPECIALLY don't go overboard. Healthy is better than skinny any day of the week.

katix
08-04-2013, 09:16 PM
First off you are a very pretty girl ^^

I am against the whole fat culture going on in the USA. Being fat is NOT beautiful. I don't see how it can be considering you don't even care enough to take care of your own body. Yes its good to be comfortable in your own skin and happy the way you are but honestly if your rolling around in a wheel chair because your feet can no longer carry your enormous amount of weight, I pity that. Mind you, you are NO WHERE NEAR that weight. So don't freak out. :P Its just me ranting. Fat is not good for anyone. I'm 5'4 and a half and weigh 118 lbs, never had a weight issue. I believe that its because:

1. I rarely eat junk.
2. I eat mostly greens and fruits, I do not eat any pork, or beef. Only chicken, and turkey. (Never eat out, just cook your meals, it tastes better anyway.
3. Small meals throughout the day is great. Less hunger
4. Dessert: 1 green apple, 1 banana, some blue berries/raspberries and a cup full of ice-make a GREAT smoothie, it tastes amazing.
5. Work out 5 days a week. 30 mins- 1 hour. :D

Also I know we all have different body shapes but you can obviously tell who is and isnt fat or chubby.

Good job on wanting to be more healthy, eating better will be worth it. ^^

Illyria
08-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Mojo; Like someone said, it's not about being fat or thin, but it's about being happy. You are obviously unhappy with the way that you look, which is why you need to do something about it. Like many others have said, I think you're gorgeous in both photos. But I understand about wanting to go back to the way you looked. I had the exact same problem where I gained almost 30 pounds over 3 years. I was depressed and binged a lot and the weight gain was horrible. I finally decided that it was time to really make a change so I did things a little different from my past "weight loss" attempts. I think I did three things right which really helped me succeed.

First thing I did was to inform my closest friends that I was on a weight loss mission. Actually saying it to them made it feel more real and it gave me the support group I needed since they really did hold me to my word and swooped whenever I eyed an extra ice cream cone. Also, it made it way harder for me to back out.

The next thing was to start documenting the calories from my food intake. I used Fitness Pal ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and basically counted the calories that came from a normal day and was utterly aghast at the numbers. For months after that, I logged all my food intake daily and that really helped / motivated / scared me into eating more healthily. I personally tried to keep to around 1200 net calories every day. I know the app isn't all that accurate, but it still provides a basic guide. I found it very helpful.

Third thing was the most important thing - I found an exercise I loved. I hate treadmills because of the monotony and always found excuses to worm out of it. Right now, in addition to strength training at the gym and the odd elliptical training on alternate days, I go for as many dance classes as I can (I have them at my local gym). I do latin dance, belly dance, hip hop and jazz and am a regular at my zumba class as well. Not only has it made cardio that much more interesting, dancing really builds your confidence as well.

I lost 26 pounds in half a year and have toned up considerably as well. I'm still some distance from my goal weight and I'm still not "skinny", but I'm definitely, definitely happy. And although it is quite a bit from the weight loss, it's mostly from the confidence I've built and the pride that my efforts actually paid off. Once you see the initial calories falling off, you'll definitely want to push on.

All the best, beautiful girl!!

Shycker
08-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I was having problems too, because I love to eat but I hate doing sport, but then I realize that I had to do something to change my life for better and feeling good with myself, so I started to take 30 minutes - 1 hour walks with my mom or dad or with my dog and then, in three days, I was jogging and eating less and thinking to myself "that food is so good... But I can't think on that, I need to restrict some food!"

I had 93kg and now, I have 80kg in 1 month :).

Never give up!

Lindsay
08-06-2013, 11:30 AM
It also helps with portion control.

Once your stomach starts shrinking the less food you will eat. But the key to that is to not over eat! This has worked so well for me.. When you are eating a meal and the FIRST deep breath you take, you need to stop eating! Believe it or not, this is your body trying to expand your stomach so you can shovel in more food, dont do this!

If you do portion control, it will take a while for you to notice your stomach is shrinking.. Little by little cut back your proportions... I know you will feel hungry for a while, but eventually it will pass... Trust me. I can now go to McDonalds and eat a medium fry and MAYBE a 6 piece chicken nugget.. Usually I dont make it to the chicken nuggets. xD

Just dont give up! You can do anything you set your mind to! :$

Mojo
08-14-2013, 10:08 AM
You guys will be proud to know
that I ate a salad for dinner last night
AND went for a run afterwards.

This isnt about getting skinny anymore for me.
It's about feeling better when I climb the stairs or not crashing after an hourlong sugar rush.
I want to get healthy, not less fat.
I like the way I look, I think.
Curvy is pretty.
But I do need better habits, so I'm planning on changing that.

Thanks for all the support, everyone <3
I appreciate it, more than you know.

Skol
08-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Awesome! Good for you Jo!

I was watching "American Ninja Warrior" the other day, those people are amazingly strong and fit, really made me want to hit the gym lol. Strangely motivational in an awesome way.

Keep it up!

Savant
08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Mojo I was about to say just before your post that maybe your goal should be to be healthier and not skinnier. In my opinion you look happier in the 2nd picture than in the 1st one. Regardless if your big or little long as your happy that is all that really matters. (As long as your healthy to a certain degree)

Clydes
12-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi Mojo,
Some tips for you to get skinny again.
Engage in any physical activity, break your meals in small frequent meals and drink more water than routine. Do not eat late, manage stress and have proper sleep.
Toplevelfit boot camp ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Mojo
12-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi Mojo,
Some tips for you to get skinny again.
Engage in any physical activity, break your meals in small frequent meals and drink more water than routine. Do not eat late, manage stress and have proper sleep.
Toplevelfit boot camp ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Can we please stop gravedigging my posts? o-o
This is from FUCKING JULY.
Not to mention I'm pregnant now so uh... Let's not get skinny again, thanks.

zxzero
12-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Cocaine + slim fast. Works wonders!

In all honesty I can't help, I have a high metabolism, so I can eat anything and stay the same weight.

Mojo
12-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Cocaine + slim fast. Works wonders!

In all honesty I can't help, I have a high metabolism, so I can eat anything and stay the same weight.

SO DONT POST
seriously you gravediggers are driving me insane, I should just close all my old threads.

simmie
12-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Mojo
I think he meant it as a joke? ;o
to like lighten the mood and whatnot yes

but yeaaaa Bettser Drizzy I_royalty_I close pls xo

Mojo
12-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Mojo
I think he meant it as a joke? ;o
to like lighten the mood and whatnot yes

but yeaaaa Bettser Drizzy I_royalty_I close pls xo

It's just really starting to grind my gears that all my OLD RESOLVED problems are being discussed.
Like srs people look at the dates before you post.
Or don't go past page like 3 when you're looking to up your post counts, sheeeeeesh.

zxzero
12-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Yea, I read that you had resolved it after I posted. Don't get all upset over nothing, and yes it was a joke.

Bettser
12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Okaiiiiiiiii