PDA

View Full Version : The Last of Us ...is it that great?

Pusheen
07-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Have you played it?

I have hear that some people consider this game as one of the best games of this year
and some, even, one of the best games of zombie apocalypse.

Personally, I have a weird opinion.
I played the game, and enjoyed it, but I must say that is all very predictable, the story works in a way that you know what will happend next and how things will end and how the emotions of the characters will get to each other (trying to not spoil anything btw) so the ending is... kind of a thing I spected to happend and it didn't bring me a lot of emotions.
The graphics are great, the voice acting is too, the characters.. meh, I like them but not to the level of making them to my list of favorites or so.
But like a semi-horror / zombie game, is not creepy at all, and is not hard either since you have the hear and stealthy mode that makes you know where are your enemys and you can plan your next moves thanks to that.

So, what do you think?

naruto
07-25-2013, 09:13 PM
i don't know what happened to my previous post but oh well, i'll just re-type it here. My friend played the game and he thought it was the best game ever made. However, i wasn't too impressed. I think the main reason is for gamers, this is the first time a zombie/apocalyptic game has been released in a story telling fashion. People who read books and watch movies should be familiar to the zombie/apocalyptic theme. I read the maze runner series almost two years ago and have read the hunger game series as well. I am already familiar with the post apocalyptic theme. The theme of the game wasn't new to me so i wasn't impressed, especially with all the hype going around. Also there have been movies that relate to it, "crazies" "28 series" and others. For gamers who mainly play games this was something new to them, that's all.

neomaster
07-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Like naruto said, With this being new in its category and me being a hardcore gamer I found it a awesome game.
But just like any game it has its downsides and its upsides, personally if they came out with a second one I would borrow/rent it before I bought the game.

jena
07-25-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm not a gamer yet I actually really got into the story.
Wasn't really like creepy/scary or anything, but I felt an attachment to the characters, lol.

It will give you the feels...

Jay
07-25-2013, 11:54 PM
first 10 minutes. sad for the rest of your life.

Umbreon
07-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Rrachel
I haven't finished it yet, like 70% of the way done, but I find it very appealing.
I'm not one to get emotional over movies or anything like that and I literally almost cried at the beginning, and laugh at how abrasive Ellie tends to be, given the situations. And I think it's already a great accomplishment that it successfully plays with the feelings. I do agree that most parts are very predictable, I knew immediately what characters were going to die and pretty much when, and who's feelings would get intertwined with what, etc.

Regardless, I think it's still a phenomenal game so far, and I hope to find the ending just as pleasing.
My boyfriend said it was the best ending to a game he'd ever played, and he's a hardcore gamer, so I'm hoping to not get let down. C:

Leah
07-26-2013, 01:49 AM
I think the game overall was fantastic, and really emotional. I cried, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But, I wasn't pleased with the ending. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I think because the game plays on your emotions and how the story line goes throughout the game, the ending is necessary and I half expected it, even if I didn't like it.

Great graphics, amazing storyline, enough gameplay to make the story parts worth it. I'd give it 4/5 stars.

Pusheen
07-26-2013, 08:07 AM
It's true, is a very emotional game, I cryied on the beginning too, so that made me think all the game would have those changes of emotions and I would be a crying baby all way long xD but that didn't happened sadly haha

Meddek
07-29-2013, 02:05 PM
first 10 minutes. sad for the rest of your life.

I heard that it was amazing both in game play and the sad story.

Accelerator
09-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Haven't played it but I definitely know its a great game...

panelle
09-29-2013, 12:33 PM
I totally know what you mean ._. I regularly read gaming blogs and checks scores on games to see if the popular ones are any good before playing myself. Last of Us was really different.

I don't get emotional over games (Walking Dead (game) ending is an exception, because I cried like a hurricane victim) so LoU didn't do it for me. Yes, your daughter gets in trouble (avoiding spoilers here), big woop, every game character has some sort of tragedy in the exposition stage (again, there are exceptions).

Then as the story progressed, at first the grizzled short-brown-haired guy hates everything, including the badass-but-totally-likeable plush toy following him, but through the course of the game begins to like the thing. Been there, done that.

Finally, the ending. Completely illogical, which either means that the guy lost his marbles, is stupid, or the writers just wanted to squeeze out more feels. Whichever way, meh.

Also, I never got why everyone praised LoU's gameplay o_O one hit kill zombies, cover-based shooting, forced stealth elements, immersion-breaking follower and enemy AI. Seriously, I know Ashley was absolutely a pain in the ass (Resident Evil 4), but the whole point of both games was protecting a girl, so why was one invincible? You could even send Ashley to hide, can't Ellie? /end rant

Edit: Crap, didn't notice I was gravedigging...

Dark_dragonz
10-03-2013, 11:50 PM
The Last of Us is amazing lol , its the game of the year according to some of my friends lol

shos
10-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I heard good critics of this game too. never played it tho. should I try to get it? consider I'm working full time and have a GF for the weekends lol...