PDA

View Full Version : What are you proud of?

Skol
07-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Hey everyone!

Just thought it might be cool to have a thread to post something you're proud of related to sports & fitness, whether recently or in general. You can use it to brag or just come for support about a milestone you reached! It doesn't matter if it's something minor or if you just got signed to the NFL. If you're happy with benching 100, getting back to the gym regularly, scoring a goal in your sport, or reaching a new best, post it here and get some support or motivation!

I'll start it off:
I'm proud of rowing a 500m in 2:00. It's not olympic level, lol, but I'm looking to keep improving! :fox:

My next goal is to run 2 miles. I don't like running, so pushing myself to get over that and have running as part of my workout would be great.

So, what are you proud of?

Raj
07-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Last year, I was 5'8 and like 200 lbs...now i'm 5'11 and 190, which isn't ideal but wayyyy better.

Also, at the beginning of this summer in June, my jumpshot was broke as fuck, so I went to the gym everyday and practiced it and now I'm actually a really good jumpshooter (even compared to those insane black dudes)

Now I just need to work on my handles and BAM. First round draft pick, right Mod? :rolleyes:

Toasted
07-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Im proud to say that I've started a Zumba routine. ^^; It's exhilarating!

Owl
07-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Im proud to say that I've started a Zumba routine. ^^; It's exhilarating!

Zumba is super fun oh god.

wrath
07-24-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm proud that I've been sticking to my new diet which is becoming less of a diet and more of a permanent eating habit. Definitely going to at least go for a walk this weekend, and maybe try out this fitness center that my apartment complex has. :)

Raj
07-24-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm proud that I've been sticking to my new diet which is becoming less of a diet and more of a permanent eating habit. Definitely going to at least go for a walk this weekend, and maybe try out this fitness center that my apartment complex has. :)

Keep it going man! :D Proud of you ^_^

Mod
07-24-2013, 12:00 PM
First round draft pick, right Mod? :rolleyes:

#1 or #30, as long as you hit the player cap by your 1st contract extension or 2nd contract signing.

Ken
07-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Well. I'm proud of who I am, for starters.:D
Recently, I've been contributing to payments for our bills at home. It feels so good to finally contribute something and not being a burden to parents. They stopped giving me money, all the shit that I get from now on is from my pay. Yay!

I'm proud that I'm maintaining my workout routine: running/jogging for 3 kilometers. I've maintained my current weight for the longest and have never gained weight. I have been really self-disciplined lately and I intend to go all out with dieting in the next few days.

Raj
07-24-2013, 12:04 PM
#1 or #30, as long as you hit the player cap by your 1st contract extension or 2nd contract signing.

I will not let you down.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Skol
07-24-2013, 04:15 PM

Congrats! Stick with it!

Ken

That's awesome! It feels great to buy something knowing how hard you worked to get the money yourself. But this thread is more for Sports/Health/Fitness topics because of the section it's in. Maybe I'll make one in the general section too...

Ken
07-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Congrats! Stick with it!

Ken

That's awesome! It feels great to buy something knowing how hard you worked to get the money yourself. But this thread is more for Sports/Health/Fitness topics because of the section it's in. Maybe I'll make one in the general section too...

OMG I'm so sorry I didn't notice the subsection, I was kinda tipsy last night.x3 Pretend you didn't read that.:P Edited my post.:D

Skol
07-25-2013, 07:03 AM
OMG I'm so sorry I didn't notice the subsection, I was kinda tipsy last night.x3 Pretend you didn't read that.:P Edited my post.:D

Lol no worries, congrats on the run/jogging and weight regimen, that's really impressive! Make sure to diet safely and don't starve yourself! Keep at it!

I'm proud of playing softball for the first time ever yesterday. Was on base every time I was at bat (twice, lol) and even scored once. Played shortstop, made several outs too. It was just a casual game/party with people from a few departments in celebration of a recent event, great time.

noreti
07-25-2013, 02:56 PM
i'm proud of my dancing stamina.
makes clubs a hellova lot funner when you don't sit down after ten minutes.
seriously the only exercise i do- such an awesome workout.

TheDreamer
07-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I've bowled 1 300, 1 299, 1 298, 2 290's , 5 279's, I can't even remember how many games over 250+, but that's the list of my highest scores.

Skol
07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
I've bowled 1.

Hot damn! That's amazing! Do you play in a league or just casually?

noreti Good stuff! That is a great workout, are you an EDM fanatic? Do you go "clubbing" or whatevs often?

mollyjo
07-26-2013, 11:50 AM
I've bowled 1 300, 1 299, 1 298, 2 290's , 5 279's, I can't even remember how many games over 250+, but that's the list of my highest scores.

Damn, and I still brag about my turkey in high school p.e. :)
I'd say I'm most proud of my high school golf career. State tournament twice as a team, and I received all conference all four years and all-district twice. Granted, I went to a small, 2A school, but still.

TheDreamer
07-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Hot damn! That's amazing! Do you play in a league or just casually?

noreti Good stuff! That is a great workout, are you an EDM fanatic? Do you go "clubbing" or whatevs often?

I bowl in 1 league in the summer, this fall coming up only 2 leagues, but both are sanctioned (meaning that scores get recorded to the PBA and stuff). I used to bowl in 4 leagues during the Fall..that's a lot of money and time for someone still in college, but this year in the 2 leagues I plan to go all out, try every game, and not get angry with myself...going to try to average above a 215. Highest I've averaged is a 205..I know I can get to a 215 if I control myself when I get mad.

Leah
07-26-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm proud that I made it on pointe in ballet :) That's when you wear shoes with wooden blocks in the toes that allow you to literally go on your toes. It's what you see dancers in real ballets wearing. I was in ballet for 5 years before they told me I was ready. I also had to take a pre-pointe class for a year as well, so it was a big accomplishment.

Annnnd... I've been dieting the past three weeks here, and I've lost 6 pounds! Yaaay! Here's to ten more. :)

Skol
07-26-2013, 03:19 PM
I bowl 12 PB leagues during the money time for all out control.

Cool beans! Hey man, if it makes you happy and you enjoy it, go for it! Do people quote "The Big Lebowski" every single time you play? Just try to remember to not take it too seriously and have a good time, you sound incredibly skilled! :encouragement:

Leah That's pretty damn intense, how exciting! Congrats! Same for the dieting, sounds great! Keep at it and remember to diet healthy! Sounds like you work hard and get a lot of exercise from ballet so I'm sure you'll have no problem getting to your goal :takdir:

noreti
07-27-2013, 12:15 AM
EDM? Naaahhhh I just like to dance my heart out whenever- my best friend is a swing dancer, so she drags me to those kinds of daces- i prefer party dancing though. XD

Skol
07-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Cool beans! So do you do anything organized (ballroom, or whatever the other ones are) or do you just bust a move whenever you feel like a baller?

Forever
07-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Over the past two years, my 5K running time went from 35 minutes to 25 minutes. It's still not exactly FAST and I don't think I'm even considered at varsity level in Cross Country, but I'm super proud of myself. :)

Skol
07-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Over the past two years, my 5K running time went from 35 minutes to 25 minutes. It's still not exactly FAST and I don't think I'm even considered at varsity level in Cross Country, but I'm super proud of myself. :)

Hot damn! That's an amazing improvement, 10 minutes?! Congrats! I'd say that's fast, if I ever run, or finish for that matter, a 5k your time would probably be way better then mine lol. Hell, being able to run a 5k at all is great stuff.

Love the avatar by the way, so cute! <3 Chibiterasu :$

wrath
07-29-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm very PROUD to say that I weighed myself yesterday and since three weeks ago when I made my thread "Getting Real" I have lost 13 pounds with pure diet. I'm going to keep it up and supplement it with exercise and see where it goes from here. :)

Ken
07-29-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm very PROUD to say that I weighed myself yesterday and since three weeks ago when I made my thread "Getting Real" I have lost 13 pounds with pure diet. I'm going to keep it up and supplement it with exercise and see where it goes from here. :)

Awesome! That was fast bby! Keep it up!

Krawk
07-29-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm proud of being able to finally walk without a cane.

3 days strong after 3 years. Huzzah to new meds!
Starting swimming soon to try and help.

Skol
07-29-2013, 12:21 PM

Holy guac, that's excellent! I saw the thread, good stuff man, congrats. I'm sure the added exercise will only lead to even faster success. Keep at it man. I could stand to lose 13 pounds myself, just historically takes me longer than 3 weeks just from diet lol :moody: I'm jealous of your incredible discipline, hope things keep going just as well :)

I'm proud of being able to finally walk without a cane.

3 days strong after 3 years. Huzzah to new meds!
Starting swimming soon to try and help.

AWESOME! How exciting! Congratulations! Swimming is wonderful, great low-impact exercise that really works your whole body :takdir:

Raj
07-29-2013, 12:26 PM

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

keep it up bro! :D

Krawk
07-29-2013, 12:43 PM
AWESOME! How exciting! Congratulations! Swimming is wonderful, great low-impact exercise that really works your whole body :takdir:
Thank you, this only makes me feel even better about it :D

Forever
07-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Hot damn! That's an amazing improvement, 10 minutes?! Congrats! I'd say that's fast, if I ever run, or finish for that matter, a 5k your time would probably be way better then mine lol. Hell, being able to run a 5k at all is great stuff.

Love the avatar by the way, so cute! <3 Chibiterasu :$

Gah, thank you so much. *blushes* :$
I'm just glad that I'm able to call myself relatively in shape now!

And you're only the second person to recognize him. O__O He's so qt~ x3

Meddek
07-30-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm proud of losing so much weight last year went from 210 to 160. I've kinda plateaued at 160 but I've been eating vegetarian and paying more attention to my diet to I'm hoping that will help me lose the last 20-30 lbs I want to get rid of.

Skol
07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm proud of losing so much weight last year went from 210 to 160. I've kinda plateaued at 160 but I've been eating vegetarian and paying more attention to my diet to I'm hoping that will help me lose the last 20-30 lbs I want to get rid of.

Your goal is 130lbs?! How tall are you? Congratulations on your progress so far though! 50 pounds in a year is a huge amount, make sure you diet carefully and don't starve yourself! Add in regular exercise and you're hot to trot!

Meddek
07-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Your goal is 130lbs?! How tall are you? Congratulations on your progress so far though! 50 pounds in a year is a huge amount, make sure you diet carefully and don't starve yourself! Add in regular exercise and you're hot to trot!

I'm actually only 4'10 but I carry weight pretty well I didnt look like I weighed as much as I did I also know muscle weights more than fat and i'm pretty strong. I'm trying to be as healthy as possible about losing the weight.

Skol
07-30-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm actually only 4'10 but I carry weight pretty well I didnt look like I weighed as much as I did I also know muscle weights more than fat and i'm pretty strong. I'm trying to be as healthy as possible about losing the weight.

Oh ok, gotcha. Sounds like a great goal, congratulations on your progress so far! Good luck moving forward!

Meddek
07-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh ok, gotcha. Sounds like a great goal, congratulations on your progress so far! Good luck moving forward!

Thank you!