PDA

View Full Version : Finishing my Weight Loss.

Zeus
07-22-2013, 02:54 AM
So about 6 months ago, I met someone. She was a very special lady, I could say I had more than a crush on her :rolleyes:
Well I looked at myself, back then weighing 240 pounds at only 5'11. I decided to go on a 'diet' immediately the day after I cut back EVERYTHING. I was down to drinking water and a couple pieces of fruit a day. Well time went on and here I am, 5'11 still but I only weigh 198 pounds. I'm still looking to lose weight, I kinda wanna lose another 40 pounds if that's completely possible.
Well I never really got any physical exercise in the past 6 months, so starting tomorrow I'll be exercising and posting what I do and results in daily or weekly charts :3
Wouldn't mind some support or success stories if anyone is out there ^.^

Jay
07-22-2013, 03:28 AM
140 pounds seeems very skinny for your height. I'd sat 170 pounds (ofc factoring muscle) is a healthy range for you :)

monzter
07-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Thats awesome dude!
Congrats!

Just a heads up though. You don't wanna lose too much weight too quickly or you might end up with a lot of lose skin.

Hit the gym maybe?
The more muscles you have, the faster you burn fat.

I myself am almost at my target weight. 10% body fat and 72kg at 5'10. After which im gonna start clean bulking again to get my lean muscle mass up.

Zeus
07-22-2013, 03:39 AM
140 pounds seeems very skinny for your height. I'd sat 170 pounds (ofc factoring muscle) is a healthy range for you :)

Well after I got down I did plan on some weight lifting, but thanks for the advice maybe I'll get down to like 160?- Then start lifting more.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Thats awesome dude!
Congrats!

Just a heads up though. You don't wanna lose too much weight too quickly or you might end up with a lot of lose skin.

Hit the gym maybe?

I myself am almost at my target weight. 10% body fat and 72kg at 5'10. After which im gonna start clean bulking again to get my lean muscle mass up.

Thank you!
I'm looking to lose weight then hit the gym alot. But I wasn't planning on actually going until I lost the weight, I'm gonna start a fast walk today and move up to a run overtime.

Allegra
07-22-2013, 03:43 AM
You were only drinking water and eating a couple pieces of fruit during the day?
Dude....no. You're starving yourself. Unless you plan to eat like that for the /rest of your life/, as soon as you start eating normally again you'll gain all that weight back, plus more.
If you're interested in finding out how to lose weight properly and in a sustainable way, I can help you. But god, stop treating your body like that.
Sorry if I completely misinterpreted what you meant? If I have, let me know lol

Zeus
07-22-2013, 03:50 AM
You were only drinking water and eating a couple pieces of fruit during the day?
Dude....no. You're starving yourself. Unless you plan to eat like that for the /rest of your life/, as soon as you start eating normally again you'll gain all that weight back, plus more.
If you're interested in finding out how to lose weight properly and in a sustainable way, I can help you. But god, stop treating your body like that.
Sorry if I completely misinterpreted what you meant? If I have, let me know lol

It wasn't like that everyday to be exact, I did eat tons of vegetables throughout everyday so far, I eat meat a couple nights a week but in portions.

What would you recommend? ^.^

Allegra
07-22-2013, 03:53 AM
It wasn't like that everyday to be exact, I did eat tons of vegetables throughout everyday so far, I eat meat a couple nights a week but in portions.

What would you recommend? ^.^

I'm just really concerned you're not eating enough haha, and when your body goes into starvation mode it destroys your metabolism and all your effort will go to waste
Basically you need to find out how much your body is burning a day naturally, through your life style and subtract 500-1000 calories from that. 500 calories=1 pound of fat loss a week whilst 1000=2 pounds. This is pretty much the standard for healthy weightloss.
You can use this calculator, should be able to walk you through it. If you need anymore help, just ask :)
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Zeus
07-22-2013, 03:57 AM
I'm just really concerned you're not eating enough haha, and when your body goes into starvation mode it destroys your metabolism and all your effort will go to waste
Basically you need to find out how much your body is burning a day naturally, through your life style and subtract 500-1000 calories from that. 500 calories=1 pound of fat loss a week whilst 1000=2 pounds. This is pretty much the standard for healthy weightloss.
You can use this calculator, should be able to walk you through it. If you need anymore help, just ask :)
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thank you, I'll look into it.(:

monzter
07-22-2013, 04:00 AM
Yeah 500 calories below maintenance is a good start.
Then gradually work your way down after a month or so.
As a rule of thumb, you should keep your weight loss at 1-1.5lbs per week.
Anything more than that and you might be putting your health in unnecessary risk.
There's a saying.
The slower approach to weight loss is almost always the better approach.

Anyway good luck man.

Zeus
07-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Yeah 500 calories below maintenance is a good start.
Then gradually work your way down after a month or so.
As a rule of thumb, you should keep your weight loss at 1-1.5lbs per week.
Anything more than that and you might be putting your health in unnecessary risk.
There's a saying.
The slower approach to weight loss is almost always the better approach.

Anyway good luck man.

Alright, Thank you!(:

Skol
07-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Congratulations on your progress so far!

You can maintain a healthy weight loss routine while still eating regularly, just be aware of what you eat! You don't have to eat a vegetarian diet (unless you are a vegetarian, haha) just to lose weight. Have a nice steak once in a while after a good workout session with other healthy sides, and stay away from fast-food, soda, artificial sweeteners,. I believe monzter mentioned that it's also important to build muscle, and that doesn't necessarily mean going full body builder. I suggest eating regular meals and counting calories to get just above your regular body burn, and then shoot for a 300-500cal (or more) burning workout. I highly recommend swimming, its low impact, awesome exercise for your whole body. Rowing/cycling machines are wonderful too, and running is an old standby. Do what you like, even joining a casual basketball/soccer league or having pickup games with friends is great.

Good luck! You obviously already have excellent self-control and goals to get this far, just keep up the good work and be proud of yourself.

Meddek
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Thats awesome dude!
Congrats!

Hit the gym maybe?

I lost 70 lbs in about a year and I'm still working towards my goal. I had some loose skin and the best thing to use and yes this is going to sound girly but Bio Oil. Pregnant women actually use it for stretch marks and loose skin during and after pregnancy. It doesnt have a girly smell or anything so a guy could use it no problem.

monzter
07-31-2013, 02:41 AM
Or hemeroid cream cream surprisingly :P
That supposedly tightens skin too :)

Akcent
11-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Hey guys,we should be take care of the body fitness and weight issues because body fitness has own importance in our life.
Some tips here for keep maintain of the body fitness and weight loss of the body like,...
Exercise work
Vegetarian foods
Swimming and running
Cycling and jumping
Morning walk
Vegetables soups.

Brien shamp
248 Harbor Blvd, Belmont, CA 94002, United States
+1 650-654-4604

Brienshamp ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Clydes
12-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi Zeus,
Congratulations on losing 42 lbs and to lose 40 lbs more, break your meals in small frequent meals and prefer raw food over processed food. Drink more water than routine, have green tea and avoid eating shortly before going to bed.
Toplevelfit boot camp ([Only registered and activated users can see links])