PDA

View Full Version : The Conjuring

Finn
07-21-2013, 01:44 PM
The Conjuring

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I've heard that this is a extremely scary film.. /:
I want to try to watch it, but then again, scary movies scare the shit out of me for days.

Anyone here watch it?

Frank12
07-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Scariest movie I've seen in a long time. Its up there with the Exorcist as one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. I didn't sleep Friday night.

Its like....Mod in a mini skirt - kind of scary. That freaky

Raj
07-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Scariest movie I've seen in a long time. Its up there with the Exorcist as one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. I didn't sleep Friday night.

I remember seeing the exorcist when I was 7 and I was traumatized...but I loved it. Definitely finding this online to watch tonight. :P

(And thats for that image...not that I know what dad looks like but...ew)

Mod
07-21-2013, 02:27 PM

(And thats for that image...not that I know what dad looks like but...ew)

Don't worry. I don't even lift.

Raj
07-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Don't worry. I don't even lift.

That makes it worse...

Sylveon
07-21-2013, 02:34 PM
I saw this movie last night. One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Normally I don't even jump or get scared by this type of shit but WOW.

& some of the audience laughing during some of the more violent/scary scenes makes me question what kind of people live in my area. xD

Spurs
07-21-2013, 02:43 PM
I'll watch it for myself to find out, but I hope it genuinely is scary/jumpy. People kept going on about Sinister and Insidious etc as proper horror films and neither made me jump at all.. To be fair though, I've watched some seriously messed up films.

Raj
07-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I'll watch it for myself to find out, but I hope it genuinely is scary/jumpy. People kept going on about Sinister and Insidious etc as proper horror films and neither made me jump at all.. To be fair though, I've watched some seriously messed up films.

Like what? :P

Spurs
07-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Like what? :P

Irreversible, Eraserhead, 8MM, I Saw the Devil, A Serbian Film etc.
There's more but I can't remember. I dunno, if I'm gonna watch something 'scary' I want to feel like psychically sick. xD

Raj
07-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Irreversible, Eraserhead, 8MM, I Saw the Devil, A Serbian Film etc.
There's more but I can't remember. I dunno, if I'm gonna watch something 'scary' I want to feel like psychically sick. xD

If these movies legitimately scared you, I think I'm gonna watch them as well. I could use a good scare about now. :P

Spurs
07-21-2013, 03:48 PM
If these movies legitimately scared you, I think I'm gonna watch them as well. I could use a good scare about now. :P

Not scare so much as.. I dunno.. weird me the fuck out. Some of them (try IMDBing most weird and bizarre films) are more shocking than scary. I can't explain it, like some of them left me with an eerie feeling for hours after I'd watched them, like I was wrong for doing it cause some are just.. not normal. There's some like House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects which are entertaining but aren't in the same calibre for shock value.

EDIT: I can't explain it. I feel scared as in some of them highlight the evil in the world and bring it closer than the audience would want and expect, so I guess in some way it is scary, but not like 'OMG A GHOST/MONSTER/DEMON AHHH' kinda thing. If that makes sense!

Umbreon
07-21-2013, 03:50 PM
I watched this last night, and although it was really predictable (lights flickering and something pops out after a few flickers, plot being predictable, etc.) it was still pretty good compared to most of the recent scary movies.

The fact that it's supposedly based on an actual true event is the main scary shit.

And it is based upon real people, of which said they'd never visit the scene of that house ever again.
I don't know it's 1000000% true, but.. that's the only scary part for me.

Other than that, I guess it'd be considered "disturbing" more than scary.
It kinda hits you right in the feels in some parts.

Arabella
07-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I loved Insidious (and also enjoyed Dead Silence actually) so I can't wait to see this. James Wan makes awesome horror movies. Always trying to find a horror movie that actually scares me since the Exorcist is really the only one that has truly freaked me out. Oh and Child's Play, but I was like 8 lol.

I've read some stuff about the couple it's based on, so that makes it all the more freaky.

Owl
07-21-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm kind of curious to go see it, I've heard it's pretty good. I scare pretty easy, but if it's just a run-of-the-mill scary then I'll have to hear about it endlessly from my boyfriend. Worth going or nah?

Jolz
07-21-2013, 05:46 PM
I've heard mixed reviews about this, same as mama.

Guess there is one only way to find out

Sellinglikealways
07-24-2013, 01:31 AM
Just watched it :P It was pretty good. It was supposed to be scary, but when you have the audience snorting while laughing, it wasn't as scary as ppl made it sound haha.

laugh
07-24-2013, 01:34 AM
I was genuinely pretty disappointed with this movie, especially because I went with my friend who works making horror films, and laughed the whole film. You really do have to see it for yourself, though. Except next time a seemingly amazingly horrific scary movie comes out, don't waste your money and see it opening night. /facepalm

Leah
07-24-2013, 02:09 AM
I loved Insidious (and also enjoyed Dead Silence actually) so I can't wait to see this. James Wan makes awesome horror movies. Always trying to find a horror movie that actually scares me since the Exorcist is really the only one that has truly freaked me out. Oh and Child's Play, but I was like 8 lol.

I've read some stuff about the couple it's based on, so that makes it all the more freaky.

I thought Dead Silence was really silly and not all that scary, but then I couldn't sleep for a week after watching The Strangers :P I guess some horror flicks affect everyone differently. I can't do horror movies. I get freaked out extremely easily.

Jin
07-24-2013, 02:19 AM
my brother wanted to go see this but i chickened out >_>
after reading this thread i'm kind of tempted though, hmmmm.

Jay
07-24-2013, 03:19 AM
im so scared...

Arabella
07-24-2013, 04:26 AM
I thought Dead Silence was really silly and not all that scary, but then I couldn't sleep for a week after watching The Strangers :P I guess some horror flicks affect everyone differently. I can't do horror movies. I get freaked out extremely easily.

Yeah, Dead Silence didn't scare me but I for some reason enjoyed the movie. Some of it was a bit silly though, I agree with that xD

I saw the remake of the Evil Dead and it actually scared me a bit, but then a lot of people have said it was stupid/not scary, so it really does depend on the person.

sweetloli
07-25-2013, 09:04 AM
A little disturbing ;) Nothing unbearable..

Meddek
07-27-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm so excited to see this movie. I love horrors and I haven't had one scare me in a while.

Arabella
08-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Watched this last night... it's good, but sadly didn't really scare me :( I did enjoy it though. At one point a loud noise in the movie scared my cat so bad that she jumped up and hissed at me :P

Lindsay
08-06-2013, 10:32 AM
I loved this movie!!

I decided to dig deeper and I watched some documentary's from Ed and Lorraine Warren about their investigations.

I also bought the book one of the daughters wrote.. I guess its like a Memoir? Im only a quarter of the way in.. Nonetheless, its pretty interesting.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Watched this last night... it's good, but sadly didn't really scare me :( I did enjoy it though. At one point a loud noise in the movie scared my cat so bad that she jumped up and hissed at me :P

This made me LOL.

Poor kitty :C

Ven
08-06-2013, 09:57 PM
This looks pretty scary, might be a good pick for movie night with the roomies.

Broken
08-08-2013, 05:20 PM
It's not another paranormal activity movies is it? I'm still yet to sit though an entire one of those films, I hate the concept of watching a film through the perspective of the videocamera.

Ken
08-13-2013, 12:15 AM
I am now avoiding cabinets and under-the-beds. Also, looking a close watch at my clock at 3:07 AM. Very disturbing as it was based on a true story. Scariest movie I've seen since Exorcism of Emily Rose. Not for the faint-hearted.

naturalform
09-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Loved the film! Very creepy!

pqpivis
10-11-2013, 02:09 PM
the conjuring is scary like sheeet