PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak. Do you do it?

Magikarp
07-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Im curious how much of cK jailbreaks their iphone.

do you want to jalbreak your iphone?

post away. I kinda wanna make a guide for it

Kay
07-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Please make a guide, actually.. I have been wanting to do it (I have an ipod touch) and I have no idea how.

Magikarp
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
roger! lol quick question Kay what firmware are you on (go to settings->general->about to find out)

Whispers
07-11-2013, 01:13 PM
I've always wanted to do it, but I am just too scared that it will mess up my phones and I really can't have that :)

Scaletta01
07-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I've jailbroken:

PS3, Droid (rooted, but essentially same thing), and Wii, plus I've jailbroken peoples iDevices for them in the past. It's really easy.

likerobots
07-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I've been tempted on many occasions but I'm far too paranoid that I'm going to screw something up. I'd definitely give it a go if you had an in depth guide to eradicate any paranoia.

Jules
07-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Make a good guide and I'd follow it, I'm way too nervous I'll fuck it up now

Scaletta01
07-11-2013, 07:48 PM
It's not too terribly difficult... Droid is harder to jailbreak (root).

Version for the iPod touch should be at least 6.0.1 on the 4th gen and the 3rd gen, 3.1.3 on the 1st gen or the 2nd gen. Either way, I would use redsn0w for any gen, since that's what I've always used.

If you have an iPhone 4 or 4S, I would use evasi0n and earlier I would use blackra1n.

If you have at least a device on 3.1.2 or higher or started on it originally, then use JailbreakMe, since it's the same just without the version differences. AND IT'S AN APP!

All (except JailbreakMe)are 1 click solutions when connected to PC AND MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL CYDIA!

Jay
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
My phone has been jail broken ever since the beginning of time xD

Thane
07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
I find it easy enough, but it's tedious when you have a lot of stuff on your iPhone. My phone is usually out of date most of the time. I'm sure a guide would be welcome though.

Jules
07-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Can you jailbreak the iPhone 5?

Scaletta01
07-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Yes you can. Redsn0w.

pinoywek
07-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Mine is jailbroken, mainly for winterboard and some of the really useful tools like infinitifolders.

Elmo
07-12-2013, 03:34 PM
I did before I accidentally upgraded :| Bring on the new iPhone.

Jay
07-12-2013, 03:48 PM
NEver upgrade to ios7 WORST THING EVER

Yani
07-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I've always been too scared to jailbreak my iPad. If something went wrong, I'd have nothing left to access the Internet with.

Jay
07-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I've always been too scared to jailbreak my iPad. If something went wrong, I'd have nothing left to access the Internet with.

you can always factory reset it. or take it to the apple store. or even not do it by yourself xD

Yani
07-12-2013, 07:24 PM
you can always factory reset it. or take it to the apple store. or even not do it by yourself xD

What are some of the best benefits from doing this, anyway? Why would you want you jailbreak?

Jay
07-12-2013, 07:28 PM
What are some of the best benefits from doing this, anyway? Why would you want you jailbreak?

free apps. sandbox programs. BE ABLE TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT WITH YOUR PHONE :D

Magikarp
07-12-2013, 07:32 PM

dizzy mention free apps and shit but on top of that it just makes your phone more convenient. like dont you hate how your browsing clraik on your phone and you get a text so you have to go to the msg app text back and then go back to what ever browser you were using to look at clraik,

if you jailbreak and install a tweak called bitesms, you can literally text and reply everywhere with a push of your volume button!

Im currently writing the quide now!

Duck4Cover
07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I jailbreak all my older ipods and stuff.
I haven't bought a new one in years, I still have a iPod 2G thats running Ap0calypse Custom Firmware and I can do all sorts of stuff that the newer iPod touch's can do.
And jailkbreaking is really easy now, its pretty much automated, a lot of them you just download the custom firmware and install it to the device and it jailbreaks it as it installs the firmware.

Yani
07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
This all sounds really cool. I might do it with my iPad. I'll come here to look for advice :D

mt5o5bd
09-18-2013, 05:28 AM
Well duh. I jailbreak so I can use more types of cheats.

april
09-20-2013, 11:04 PM
yes! i like being able to customize every part of my iphone instead of just certain parts.

i, however, wish the ios 6.1.3 jailbreak would hurry up and be released, i'm super impatient! i wish i hadn't upgraded from ios 5.. :(

Demetri
09-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Yes, do it

inferno
09-22-2013, 12:05 PM
yes before, upgraded to 7 though so no jailbreak released as of yet...

Lavendrae
09-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Wait I totally haven't even thought of jailbreaking because I'm so afraid I'll fuck up my phone and I won't be able to get it fixed under warranty. :c

Miri
09-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Wait I totally haven't even thought of jailbreaking because I'm so afraid I'll fuck up my phone and I won't be able to get it fixed under warranty. :c

lol you just restore the phone before taking it in. apple swaps phones out for nothing

Demetri
09-22-2013, 02:33 PM
lol you just restore the phone before taking it in. apple swaps phones out for nothing

Right! I've gotten my phone fixed with my jailbreak before. The girl thought my font was cool

Lavendrae
09-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Wow ok now I feel better! I may do it next weekend then.
Thank you guys :**

Nyan
09-22-2013, 07:59 PM
I jailbroke my iPod iTouch once upon a time. It worked pretty well for awhile, however it eventually screwed up so I reset it to factory.

jet
09-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I jailbreak everything technological that I touch. I hate being confined within the parameters of what a company FEELS something should do. They intentional limit us with many things so that essentially they can make more money. My computer is a home build hackintosh, my ipad is jailbroken, my phone is jailbroken, all the other tablets in the house are rooted, my router is hacked, my appletv is jailbroken, I am in the process of hacking my new kia soul lmao, my wii and playstation is modded, my nintendo ds has a flash cart (by far the easiest jailbreak EVER lol). I know there is more too but you get the idea! :) Make things work the way you want them to and don't have any fear. You'll be happy you did :)

For those of you who fear doing it, your just paranoid. All the people that make the codes etc... for different hacks have them at least reasonably well thought out. It is totally possible you could interupt the process and maybe mooch your jailbreak which would require a factory reset/reinstall or whatever but the chances of you permanently bricking one of your devices in my opinion is nill. I have messed up many things, I have taken apart hundreds of things, and I have not EVER permanently bricked ANYTHING. And let me tell you, I'm not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed... truth be told lol.

All of the scary stories or warnings out there is a conspiracy. It's companies that DO NOT want you to hack your devices using scare tactics so that you don't try and realize how much more awesome it makes them lol. Every companies worse nightmare is that you join the ranks of the people who won't take things just the way that they are and refuse to believe that you can't make it capable of a LOT LOT more lol.

Dessirrea
09-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I've never thought about doing it... might consider doing it to my iPad.

Accelerator
09-29-2013, 05:20 AM
I've never owned an (i/Apple) device so... Nope.
But I wouldn't do it. Unless I had to for necessity...

ewmeep
10-11-2013, 02:22 PM
is there any new jailbreak for ipod touch 3g

Thediaryofjane
01-25-2014, 11:42 AM
My iPad isn't jailbroken, I want to do it but it's too risky :/

Jacqueline
01-25-2014, 04:29 PM
I've jailbroken my iphone for many years now, however it's very troublesome when I run into problems like iTunes errors, recovery mode and all those things that take me hours to fix. My ex boyfriends used to help me fix these things but now that I'm single I gotta fix them myself lolz

The other day I tried to upgrade my jailbroken iphone 4 (still sitting on io5 ew) to io6 (many apps don't work until it's io6+) and it took me hours to get it out of the recovery mode loop X_X. It's still io5 but sorta fixed, but my iTunes doesn't detect my phone properly anymore.

Would be nice if someone can help me out

mt5o5bd
01-25-2014, 06:08 PM
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER, try to upgrade a jailbroken iphone. You should always restore the iphone from the ipsw after backing it up first.

You will have to conduct a full restore to whatever IOS Apple is currently signing and lose your jailbreak in the process. You would have been unable to restore to ios6 because Apple is no longer signing that firmware. You are no longer able to downgrade firmwares because the SHSH blob downgrade has been patched.

I'd recommend entering DFU mode first so iTunes recognises it and then restore from your downloaded ipsw firmware. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I've been out of touch with jailbreaking, you will need to check if the latest FW is jailbreakable or not.

kiyomi
01-25-2014, 09:56 PM
I've never jailbroken anything. But I've had several friends and even one of my brothers try to talk me into it. lol Not going to happen. :P

Vegeance
02-08-2014, 02:13 AM
No reason not to, more features, more functionality, more value for your buck.

Elmo
02-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Just gave in and done the jailbreak on my 5s. Although I haven't bothered to do much with it yet.

Banannie
02-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I haven't tried it yet, if anything went wrong I wouldn't know how to fix it as I'm not very adept at techy sorts of things and my warrenty would probably be useless.

It sounds like a lot of fun, there are some games I would like to have more freedom playing, but for me it's just not worth the risk. :3

ShadowCreature
02-26-2014, 06:01 PM
I jail-break everything i can, I aint paying for things i can simply steal from the internet (games and whatnot)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Am bored so i added a song lol

congression
02-27-2014, 09:14 PM
nope, i havent jailbroken my iphone 4, even after i switched over to an s4

lore
02-28-2014, 02:42 PM
I jailbroke my 4s and my iPad. My current phone is still under warranty but I might jailbreak it when the warranty is up. I really only liked having a jailbroken device for the added customization/being able to change my font and stuff.

h t x
03-15-2014, 09:45 PM
I jailbreak numerous phones with evasion 7x, and only encountered 1 problem with no dock besides thats it. It was pretty easy imo.