PDA

View Full Version : Holler 90s kid!

SugarCoated
06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Recognize that familiar tune?:$

I'd love to hear more songs like this; songs from my childhood that have been revived in a superlatively awesome way.
Any suggestions?

Nath
06-27-2013, 05:22 PM

Not usually my kind of music, but this one springs to mind if you're looking for 90's tunes that have been sampled ^

Jolz
06-27-2013, 05:32 PM

Not usually my kind of music, but this one springs to mind if you're looking for 90's tunes that have been sampled ^

Is this more of your kind of mix of songs for your childhood/angry teen years?

DarkByte
06-27-2013, 05:37 PM

Soul
06-27-2013, 05:45 PM
All of this makes me so happy.

Owl
06-27-2013, 06:04 PM

Those boots in the start of the video.. yeah. My best friend's dad has tons of them. One pair is actually sparkly golden alligator skin.

Ice
06-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Interesting listen, although it's extremely odd to hear it sung by a male haha.

SugarCoated
06-28-2013, 06:12 AM
All of this makes me so happy.
Yeah! When you hear the song you're like, 'Oh wait..I know this!' and childhood memories flashing.:$

Interesting listen, although it's extremely odd to hear it sung by a male haha.
Yeah its originally sung by TLC. Odd in way that a male is singing lyrics intended to be sung by a female?:rolleyes:

Ice
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Yes, lol, that exactly. xD Can't really imagine a dude complainin about some no-good scrubs :p

Krawk
07-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Born in 1990 and I loved this song growing up.. I still use it to cheer me up ^_^

Also, because they were some of the absolute best:

osiyo
07-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Born in 1990 and I loved this song growing up.. I still use it to cheer me up ^_^

BNL is so awesome. They've played this song at all their concerts for about a decade now, and they still play it with everything they have because, somewhere "somebody is hearing it for the first time" . :D

Krawk
07-29-2013, 11:30 AM
BNL is so awesome. They've played this song at all their concerts for about a decade now, and they still play it with everything they have because, somewhere "somebody is hearing it for the first time" . :D

It's definitely one of their best songs. I've always loved BNL, but when I think of the 90s, that's definitely one of the first songs I think of... then it's all TV Show Theme Songs x3