PDA

View Full Version : Shark Tank

Raj
06-25-2013, 02:23 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Does anyone watch this show? I find it madly entertaining about the world of business and how tough it is to cut it in the financial world.

(And Mark Cuban is hilarious lmao)

metaldroga
06-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Yes I saw this program :P but in my country is very annoying :/ because only show old espissodes :P

John
06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
It's a good show for a few episodes. It gives a nice perspective into the way those business people think. I like it for it's economic value, but beyond that, it's a waste of time.

Raj
06-25-2013, 02:30 PM
metaldroga That sucks :/ it's quite fun to watch
John yup, that's basically the only reason i watch it. just for entertainment value. but the ideas people think of are ridiculous and creative sometimes

John
06-25-2013, 02:32 PM
metaldroga That sucks :/ it's quite fun to watch
John yup, that's basically the only reason i watch it. just for entertainment value. but the ideas people think of are ridiculous and creative sometimes

It's not good for the entertainment. it's shit for that. It's just interesting to learn how those business people approach a deal.

Raj
06-25-2013, 02:32 PM
It's not good for the entertainment. it's shit for that. It's just interesting to learn how those business people approach a deal.

you don't find that entertaining?

John
06-25-2013, 02:37 PM
you don't find that entertaining?

educational =/= entertaining

Raj
06-25-2013, 02:38 PM
educational =/= entertaining

oh, well for me it is haha. i love learning :P

Jolz
06-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Is this the American version of Dragons Den?

Mod
06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
of Dragons Den?

Hey, we got that in Canada!

Jolz
06-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey, we got that in Canada!

You get the English tv show, Dragons Den in Canada?

Mod
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM
You get the English tv show, Dragons Den in Canada?

No, we get the Canadian rip.

...but it's based on the UK one. :)

Jolz
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM
No, we get the Canadian rip.

...but it's based on the UK one. :)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I get you now

Raj
06-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Is this the American version of Dragons Den?

It depends, what do they do in that show? In here they throw entrepreneurs in front of successful businesspeople and they have to present their idea and try and get a deal done with one of them. Usually people crumble under pressure but some do really well and get a nice chunk of money while giving up some of their company.

And even if they do fail, they get the free advertising that comes with being on the show.

Jolz
06-26-2013, 08:50 AM
It depends, what do they do in that show? In here they throw entrepreneurs in front of successful businesspeople and they have to present their idea and try and get a deal done with one of them. Usually people crumble under pressure but some do really well and get a nice chunk of money while giving up some of their company.

And even if they do fail, they get the free advertising that comes with being on the show.

That's the one. I knew America copied it but I didn't know what it was called

Raj
06-26-2013, 08:54 AM
That's the one. I knew America copied it but I didn't know what it was called

Typical America copying other countries -_- here I was thinking it was original.

Jolz
06-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Typical America copying other countries -_- here I was thinking it was original.

haha, we have had Dragons Den for about 10 years

Raj
06-26-2013, 09:06 AM
haha, we have had Dragons Den for about 10 years

And we have had shark tank for 4 hahah. Is dragons den fun to watch though?

Jolz
06-26-2013, 09:12 AM
And we have had shark tank for 4 hahah. Is dragons den fun to watch though?

Yes... Theo is fucking ruthless at times.

There is loads of full episodes on youtube... 10 years worth... so catch up haha

Raj
06-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Yes... Theo is fucking ruthless at times.

There is loads of full episodes on youtube... 10 years worth... so catch up haha

May as well, I enjoy these shows anyway. On the american version mark cuban is probably the most risky buyer but usually his investments pay off. Hes very smart but if he doesn't like someone he DESTROYS them

DarkByte
06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I like to see how deluded some people are:

I have a half spoon half fork I call it a spork... I have remorgaged my house and wasted all my family savings on it. Please give me money we will change the cutlery world.

And yeah its basically Dragons Den usa and sometimes they do lame things like investing in a business because it supports soldiers ect...

utahclock
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
I find some of the products that some of the people try to launch are comical, I don't watch it often but if there is nothing else that catches my eye, ill watch it :)

Raj
06-26-2013, 09:48 AM
I like to see how deluded some people are:

I have a half spoon half fork I call it a spork... I have remorgaged my house and wasted all my family savings on it. Please give me money we will change the cutlery world.

And yeah its basically Dragons Den usa and sometimes they do lame things like investing in a business because it supports soldiers ect...

Yea on that last bit you mentioned someone was trying to pitch interchangable shoe heels and everyone and their mother knew it was a stupid idea but they got a deal cause one of the panelists had the same struggles as the woman did. It can be stupid but overall its interesting

utahclock
06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Jolz thanks for the UK version of the show. interesting that once again the USA stole a show from the UK

Raj
06-26-2013, 09:54 AM
utahclock they have some marvelous ideas ;)

utahclock
06-26-2013, 09:57 AM
yeah some of the ideas are amazing, but some are pure comedy like I think they bring certain products on the show, because they know the sharks wont buy it and the producers wanna see some one get ripped, Ill be honest here, and I did google one or two products that ive seen on the show that I thought were interesting

Raj
06-26-2013, 10:01 AM
yeah some of the ideas are amazing, but some are pure comedy like I think they bring certain products on the show, because they know the sharks wont buy it and the producers wanna see some one get ripped, Ill be honest here, and I did google one or two products that ive seen on the show that I thought were interesting

By marvelous ideas I meant the producers in the UK haha but yes the people do have nice ideas on the show but I saw one recently with a wristband that relieves nausea. Shit doesnt work but the lady was delusional and wanted somethin like $250k for a 10% stake. She got an offer for $250k for 50% (only offer she got) and she turned it down and left empty handed. Like wtf? Some people are stupid not to take some offers.

Jolz
06-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Jolz thanks for the UK version of the show. interesting that once again the USA stole a show from the UK

No problem. It's the very least we can do for giving us game of thrones and breaking bad :)

Raj
06-26-2013, 10:16 AM
No problem. It's the very least we can do for giving us game of thrones and breaking bad :)

I havent gotten around to watching either of those but I need to haha

Jolz
06-26-2013, 10:20 AM
I havent gotten around to watching either of those but I need to haha

Watch them... watch them now!

Raj
06-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Watch them... watch them now!

gotta get onto those free tv sites haha ;D

Jolz
06-26-2013, 11:37 AM
gotta get onto those free tv sites haha ;D

Well I know a few if you want a list or you could try torrents?

Raj
06-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Well I know a few if you want a list or you could try ********?

I got a huge list of sites ^_^ also we aren't allowed to speak of those on here

utahclock
06-26-2013, 11:43 AM
ive got a guide somewhere about free tv sites :P its not on my current sig bar though

Jolz
06-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I got a huge list of sites ^_^ also we aren't allowed to speak of those on here

What torrents? I know we can't speak about the downloading thing... I'm talking about ice pops. Ahh yes, ice pops, those lovely season 1-3 GoT flavored ice pops...

Raj
06-26-2013, 12:00 PM
What torrents? I know we can't speak about the downloading thing... I'm talking about ice pops. Ahh yes, ice pops, those lovely season 1-3 GoT flavored ice pops...

Oh right, totally forgot. Coulda just watched the shows from ice pops, silly me :D