PDA

View Full Version : Any SYTYCD fans here?

Finn
06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm in love with the show So You Think You Can Dance.

I'm curious, does anyone else watch, or am I the only one?
Agh, I need buddies to talk about this show with! haha.

Whispers
06-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I LOVE it too! I haven't been watching the recent season though. It isn't broadcast regularly in my country, so I just tend to wait and then watch it all online.
I absolutely love it though, it's one of my favourite programs! It is one of the primary reasons I picked up dancing again.

j03
06-20-2013, 04:40 PM
There's a guy who created a dance group called "Dragon House" that I know. He used to frequent neopet forums a loong time ago. I think 4 people from his group have already been on the show and one of them made it to the finals last year. :D

Forever
06-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Gah! I used to love that show. I actually got to see them perform live for free (from really great seats!) because of family connections; it was the season that Jeanine won. :'D

Finn
06-20-2013, 08:43 PM
There's a guy who created a dance group called "Dragon House" that I know. He used to frequent neopet forums a loong time ago. I think 4 people from his group have already been on the show and one of them made it to the finals last year. :D

Are you serious? wtf. One guy from Dragon House Cyrus made it all the way to finals last year. This year, some guy named Blueprint is in Top 20. Dude, thats crazy.
Infamous Joe

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Gah! I used to love that show. I actually got to see them perform live for free (from really great seats!) because of family connections; it was the season that Jeanine won. :'D

Oh I loved her! I'm going to the live show for free this Tuesday! (:
Wolfy

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I LOVE it too! I haven't been watching the recent season though. It isn't broadcast regularly in my country, so I just tend to wait and then watch it all online.
I absolutely love it though, it's one of my favourite programs! It is one of the primary reasons I picked up dancing again.

Same, SYTYCD was my inspiration too. (': Whispers

j03
06-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Are you serious? wtf. One guy from Dragon House Cyrus made it all the way to finals last year. This year, some guy named Blueprint is in Top 20. Dude, thats crazy.
@Infamous Joe ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Yeah I've always known him from the forum we both were on. He stopped going on neo back in 2005 or around that time, but I've always had him on facebook. He used to just post videos of himself and his friends dancing and I always used to watch. But when I saw them on SYTYCD, it was crazy. xD He posted a video on his timeline today, he uploaded it a week ago. Check it out & his other videos:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Finn
06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah I've always known him from the forum we both were on. He stopped going on neo back in 2005 or around that time, but I've always had him on facebook. He used to just post videos of himself and his friends dancing and I always used to watch. But when I saw them on SYTYCD, it was crazy. xD He posted a video on his timeline today, he uploaded it a week ago. Check it out & his other videos:

Yeah, their crew is really good and out there now. SYTYCD gave them the attention they need. I still find it crazy you know them, and that that used Neo. hah. Small world.

Leah
06-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I adore SYTYCD! I haven't been watching the current season, but I was in dance for almost 10 years, and it was one of my favorite shows. I actually got to meet a bunch of people/choreographers through dance conventions, such as...

Twitch (the dark skinned guy in the video)

Tara Jean Popowich, she actually won back in 2009.

Mark Kanemura... who was one of Lady Gaga's back-up dancers nbd

Vincent Desjardins, his lyrical and ballroom is incredible

And a ton more, these are just the main ones that stick out to me. If you really like SYTYCD, definitely watch the videos I posted underneath each dancer's name. Well worth it :)

Whispers
06-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Infamous Joe that is so cool and thank you for sharing the video :)

WeepingAngel I love that you put the Alex & Twitch video up (though for some reason it says embedding disabled by request?), seriously I think, that was one of my favourite moments ever! I've shown that video to my friends and family; they do think it's great and funny at the same time, but they can't quite appreciate it as much as I can, I mean the absolutely mind-blowing thing about that performance is that Alex is a CLASSICALLY trained ballet dancer, not contemporary or jazz, but classic! That's why that performance is just amazing (that and the fact that Twitch is always amazing)!

I haven't seen much of SYTYCD Canada, but Tara Jean Popowich and Vincent Desjardins are convincing me that I should hehe! :) And Mark is obviously amazing! ;)

I would post some of my own favourites, but I am not quite sure how you do that and put them in spoilers, so... :(

Finn
06-22-2013, 02:03 PM
WeepingAngel - Twitch and Alex's hiphop routine had to be my all time favorite hiphop routine. My favorite girl out of all seasons had to be Jordan Casanova, I loved her confidence and technique.

Soul
06-22-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm not a big fan, but then again I've never actually watched it. Ever. Dancing is cool and all but watching a show where that's all they do doesn't appeal to me so much!

Mod
06-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I would post some of my own favourites, but I am not quite sure how you do that and put them in spoilers, so... :(

YouTube video URL

Replace the zeroes with the letter 'O'.

Dancing is cool and all but watching a show where that's all they do doesn't appeal to me so much!

Clearly you've never heard of that song by Lady Gaga then.

Soul
06-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Mod

Lol, you're funny.

Whispers
06-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Mod thanks a lot :)

Sonya Tayeh is one of my favourite choreographers ever here is two of my favourite dances choreographed by her:

Courtney & Mark (Jazz) - The Garden:

Ellenore & Jakob (Contemporary) - Tore My Heart:

I can't remember who choreographed this routine, but the dancers are amazing. Kathryn McCormick went on to do Step Up 4 (the film) and Jonathan 'Legacy' Perez has appeared in over 13 films!

Kathryn & Legacy (Paso Doble) - Pursuit:

Here's another one with Kathryn, I think this one was very humorous and cute. Jose Ruiz is an amazing dancer as well!

Jose & Kathryn (Bollywood) - Marjanni Kasame

Last one, this is choreographed by Travis Wall (who is an incredible dancer as well!):

Robert & Allison (Contemporary) - Fix You

I could go on, but I think that's enough for now :)

Finn
06-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Whispers - that Fix You piece was one of my all time top favorite routines. Its so touching. I can't get over it!