PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL ANDROID USERS

Raj
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Is rooting your android worth it? I have a galaxy s3 and I dont really know whats special about rooting.. I tried googling it but it didnt enlighten me much

Raj
06-11-2013, 10:46 PM
FUCK NO ITS NOT WORTH IT.
I rooted and tried to get a rom for it (basically customize the device) and it bricked my phone. Gotta do a full clean install now.

no way in hell i'm ever trying to root again

Jauris
06-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Lol, it's not androids fault you fucked up and ruined your phone. I personally very much enjoy my rooted GSIII.

whatisthis
06-11-2013, 11:15 PM
I've never tried but I've always wanted to. My friends have rooted phones and I am very jealous.

I'm afraid to mess with my note 2 haha.

Raj
06-12-2013, 04:50 AM
Lol, it's not androids fault you fucked up and ruined your phone. I personally very much enjoy my rooted GSIII.

True lolol but still the stuff on like the xda-dev website is too damn complicated for a newbie like me. i might re-root but without a custom rom this time

DarkByte
06-12-2013, 06:12 AM
It depends I suppose if you are happy with your phone why change it?

But as a programmer I would want root access. It just gives you full control of the o.s. Think of it as the difference between running a program as a admin on windows or as a none admin. If you run as admin you can use registry / write/read files ect. As a none admin you are restricted.

But if you are a none programmer that probably would not matter to you (you just want some slick apps that have been hacked or can do extra functions) so thats your choice :).

Soredavide
06-12-2013, 06:25 AM
I agree with rdd, I have rooted both my phone and tablet. I like the versatility and the ability at root level to make changes to my OS. I also use a custom rom and have versions of Jelly Bean running on a device not supported by these devices.

Spoof04
06-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Cyanogenmod is amazing, it made my Nexus 7 tablet like a new device, having root level adblock and having waaay more battery life is worth it

Duck4Cover
06-12-2013, 03:11 PM
When you root your phone you can download stuff like CPU Boosters, install custom ROMS (firmware pretty much) and some other neat stuff.
Also you cant take all the bloatware off your phone, thats all the Apps from your Carrier that you never use, but cant delete off your phone.
I find it highly useful.

wrath
06-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Is rooting your android worth it? I have a galaxy s3 and I dont really know whats special about rooting.. I tried googling it but it didnt enlighten me much

Even if you don't want to do anything with Roms or developing, there's still the matter of bloatware. I'm a minimalist, and that's why I had to root my GSIII. There's apps you cannot delete without rooting unfortunately.

HenriP
07-13-2013, 10:25 PM
I never realized the root

Scaletta01
07-13-2013, 10:28 PM
If you didn't do EVERYTHING to make sure that you can use a ROM, then it's your fault you bricked it. I've bricked my Droid X, but I SBF'd back to where it's supposed to be.

Yes it's worth it, very worth it.

ebeb
09-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Rooting has many advantages! Would you be happy if the admin right in windows were denied to you? Rooting ur phone is like having administrator rights. Try searching how to root any android device on youtube

deverllus
12-31-2014, 12:14 AM
My cellphone is rooted, its easy to root a phone, you just to donwload the indicated apk.

Accelerator
12-31-2014, 12:27 AM
^Hmm, try not to grave-dig? But yeah, worth it, unfortunately for me, there are no custom ROMs for my device (e440g). But installing an adblocker, getting some paid apps for free is sweet e_e

Lamborghini
12-31-2014, 11:45 PM
I would say it isn't in case of bricking it.

Accelerator
01-01-2015, 01:01 AM
I would say it isn't in case of bricking it.

That's why you make a full backup before even trying, that's what every guide recommends at least. I didn't do one (because YOLO?(?)) and at first I couldn't root it, but tried a few more times and succeeded.

Lamborghini
01-01-2015, 01:32 AM
That's why you make a full backup before even trying, that's what every guide recommends at least. I didn't do one (because YOLO?(?)) and at first I couldn't root it, but tried a few more times and succeeded.

Yeah, true. I'm very bad with all that stuff so that's probably why my opinion is negative. :)