PDA

View Full Version : Apple's iOS7

SugarCoated
06-11-2013, 12:15 AM
I know a lot of you guys here have an iPhone. Have you seen the preview for iOS7 (*click* ([Only registered and activated users can see links]))
I'd say it's pretty awesome! It's giving the iPhone an all-new design (Although it does look like S4-ish).

What do you guys think?

Batgirl
06-11-2013, 12:28 AM
god damn it I knew I shouldn't have gotten my iphone 5.
fuck I hate ios7 D:

esperanto
06-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Damn that's awesome. It also sucks for Samsung or whoever just released that new commercial saying Siri can't multi-task, etc. etc.

APPARENTLY SHE CAN. SHE WAS JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO SPEND MILLIONS ON AN ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN. NOW YOU LOOK FOOLISH.

Thane
06-11-2013, 01:50 AM
iOS7 looks pretty.

It will be better jailbroken, I'm sure.

legit
06-11-2013, 01:57 AM
I think it looks really cool :o
I love the simple and clean look of it

Miri
06-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Seeing it for the first time..
current ios looks like nothing really matches. 7 is a breath of fresh air for the iphone. I'm really considering now fixing my 5's screen for this since it wont be as awesome under cracks for me

Frank12
06-12-2013, 07:18 PM
I already have ios7 on my phone.

incognito
06-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I think the graphics suck. It's too barebones. Like, here, let's do everything amazing and then take a step backwards.

I'm not a fan.

iTunes Radio was predictable. The interface of THAT looks cool, at least, but I already have Pandora and Spotify to keep me relatively happy.

I think iOS Car is the only thing I'm excited about. For a while now, Android has had this really nice hands-free setting (app?) that lets people know you're driving. I could benefit from that.

Overall, though, not impressed. And I've had iPhones since the first gen big ol' brick iPhone. Had each version aside from the 4S. And I'm just not moved by this update.

Frank12
06-12-2013, 07:48 PM
It's actually pretty nice. Really just graphics change, looks more like an android. Still really easy to use. I'll upload pictures later if people are still skeptical but really, it's not that tough to get.

Miri
06-12-2013, 09:51 PM
post some Frank12

Frank12
06-12-2013, 10:07 PM

That should satisfy

SugarCoated
06-13-2013, 07:46 AM
How'd you have iOS7? Frank12

Frank12
06-13-2013, 01:39 PM
There's a developers update floating around. Just find it and figure out how to install it. If you guys need help with it just PM me and I can walk you through it on skype

DrSloth
06-15-2013, 03:18 PM
I liked but this beta version still has a lot of bugs and i heard they will create new icons, hope thats true ;)

Raj
06-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm hoping that once ios7 comes out i won't need to jailbreak, most of the tweaks i used on my iPod are integrated into the new OS.

I probably still will jb because apple is stupid and i like having filesystem access

DrSloth
06-15-2013, 09:03 PM
i liked the new way to connect to wifi, configure light of the screen that its easier to access

Raj
06-15-2013, 09:21 PM
i liked the new way to connect to wifi, configure light of the screen that its easier to access

SBSettings did that for me since ios4 when i got into the jb'ing scene :) it's really nice that we won't need that anymore

DrSloth
06-15-2013, 09:28 PM
SBSettings did that for me since ios4 when i got into the jb'ing scene :) it's really nice that we won't need that anymore

never used jb in my iphone xD just afraid of something bad happening

I_royalty_I
06-15-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm debating whether or not I wanna get ios7 or stick with what I have for now until the final release.
What do you think about it so far Frank12?

Raj
06-15-2013, 09:36 PM
never used jb in my iphone xD just afraid of something bad happening

if it's an iphone i'd be more careful, since i had an ipod there were no legal contracts or other bs to deal with so i was carefree with it lol.

i tried rooting my android and i f'ed up really bad so i'm just gonna keep my phone normal like it should be :P

Demetri
06-15-2013, 10:05 PM
I have the ios7 on my old iPhone 4. Probably my favorite thing is the how they did the lock screen notifications. Really don't like all the new graphics. Soo android/windows like

Jauris
06-15-2013, 10:08 PM
I like it a lot. The Skeumorphism of the old iOSes was absolutely disgusting.

Frank12
06-15-2013, 11:38 PM
It's alright, but its buggy. Personally, unless you really want iTunes radio or the built in flash light, its not worth the hassle

Amxs
06-25-2013, 11:13 AM
I have no idea what iOS my iPhone is but I refuse to update it since I use the old maps a lot!

Hinth
06-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Apple just makes everything so beautiful. *tears up* What would I do without my iPhone D:

Raj
06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Apple just makes everything so beautiful. *tears up* What would I do without my iPhone D:

You would buy an android and enjoy it that much more bc apple sucks ^_^

Hinth
06-25-2013, 11:32 AM
You would buy an android and enjoy it that much more bc apple sucks ^_^

Wut? Sad, now we can't be friends :'(

SugarCoated
06-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Wut? Sad, now we can't be friends :'(

Lol me too. I'd pick iOS over Android on any day. It's just the restrictions and all that bs that make Apple crap.

Hinth
06-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Lol me too. I'd pick iOS over Android on any day. It's just the restrictions and all that bs that make Apple crap.

So true. That adobe flash player drama... What nonsense :/

Consumers should be #1!

Finn
06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
I tried out the iOS7 Beta a few weeks ago, very slow and buggy, but it was very interesting. It was pretty cool at first, but then you realize how shitty it is so you want to switch back, which I did.
The I think like yesterday, the realeased iOS7 Beta 2. Also tried it out, a tad less slow, but still slow.

Miri
06-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah beta 2 came out.
HUGE difference. beta 1 was killing my battery, buggy af. they fixed that with 2

Mojo
06-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah beta 2 came out.
HUGE difference. beta 1 was killing my battery, buggy af. they fixed that with 2

Where can I get the download?

Hinth
06-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Yeah beta 2 came out.

Same but I'm still having some substantial issues with beta 2. Hopefully third time's the charm.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Where can I get the download?

It's only available for developers at the moment.

Mojo
06-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Same but I'm still having some substantial issues with beta 2. Hopefully third time's the charm.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

It's only available for developers at the moment.

Thats unfortunate~ wasn't sure if y'all were talking about torrented or something. xD I was like.. How!

Miri
06-25-2013, 07:15 PM
no lol
even if youre not dev you can. be warned you might have a bad time
just download the current beta version of ios7 online, a quick google search will take you to one.
in itunes, connect phone and PRESS SHIFT (option on mac) and CLICK ON CHECK FOR UPDATES
NOT RESTORE
CHECK FOR UPDATES
clicking restore is how people fuck up and get all scared and hyped out they forever broke their phone but you just downgrade to 6.1.4 if u do that

and select the ipsw file you downloaded and let it go
now when apple releases new beta versions, on the phone go to settings>general>check for updates, and update the phone via OTA.

my 5 was already iffy before the beta because I stopped caring about it and its all cracked and possibly all kinds of fucked up inside somewhere so that and a buggy beta sucked mad dick. beta 2 is much nicer but bugs are still present. if you dont want to deal with anything gay chill and wait for official release. iphone 4 wont have all the cute lil transparency effects since its too weak keep that in mind if you have one of those.

funnybell
06-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Mmm I've always had problems with jailbreaking. Stuff like gigabytes and gigabytes of storage suddenly being taken up by data labeled as "Other". o_o; I never really needed it much, though.

I don't mind the new UI. It's just minimalistic, pretty. Just as long as they don't mess with my solitaire. :mad:

Magikarp
06-25-2013, 10:21 PM
I have dev account so idk but can people without dev still install beta 2?
Why is Apple doing this? Like the Internet is full of kids complain about how apps arnt working and shit because it's not closed from the public

Hinth
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
I have dev account so idk but can people without dev still install beta 2?
Why is Apple doing this? Like the Internet is full of kids complain about how apps arnt working and shit because it's not closed from the public

Apple purposely made it "dev only" so they could minimize the amounts of complaints that would surely arise from using such a buggy version..

Magikarp
06-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Apple purposely made it "dev only" so they could minimize the amounts of complaints that would surely arise from using such a buggy version..

Yea but ios7 is filled with bad reviews thanks to people who think they can get all the chicks cuz they have ios7 via torrents.
IMO beta 2 helped me alot especially because I can use the "define" thingy and it now actually has a back button lol

Hinth
06-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Yea but ios7 is filled with bad reviews thanks to people who think they can get all the chicks cuz they have ios7 via torrents.
IMO beta 2 helped me alot especially because I can use the "define" thingy and it now actually has a back button lol

Wait, I thought the "define" button was already available even in the older versions? I recall having it on my un-updated phone.

Magikarp
06-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Wait, I thought the "define" button was already available even in the older versions? I recall having it on my un-updated phone.

It was there in older versions but in ios7 it didn't have a back buttn if if you "define" something you'd have to kill the app to go back

Elmo
06-29-2013, 01:18 AM
I love the fresh simple look, no doubt it will be to go with the new iPhone in September. I always go on release day and buy it, I'm a tech geek deep down.