PDA

View Full Version : Escape the Fate vs. Falling in Reverse

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 02:02 PM
For those of you who don't know, there are two awesome bands out there: Escape the Fate and Falling in Reverse.

Now, here's a little history:

Escape the Fate is an American post-hardcore band from Las Vegas, Nevada formed in 2005 and originally from Pahrump, Nevada, they are currently signed to Eleven Seven Music. The group consists of Craig Mabbitt (lead vocalist), Robert Ortiz (drummer), Bryan "Monte" Money (lead guitarist and backing vocalist), Michael Money (rhythm guitarist), and Thomas "TJ" Bell (bassist and backing vocalist).

Falling in Reverse is an American post-hardcore band formed in 2006,[4] signed to Epitaph Records. The band is led by lead singer Ronnie Radke, along with guitarist Jacky Vincent, drummer Ryan Seaman, rhythm guitarist Derek Jones, and bassist Ron Ficarro.

What some people don't know (how could you not, though? o.o) is that Falling in Reverse's lead singer, Ronnie Radke, was Escape The Fate's lead singer.

Ronnie Radke was involved in an altercation in Las Vegas that resulted in the fatal shooting of 18 year-old Michael Cook. While Radke did not shoot Cook, he was indicted on battery charges, while the man who shot Cook claimed self-defense. These charges against Radke, combined with Ronnie's past troubles with narcotics and rehab, led to a sentence of five years probation. Radke failed to report to his parole officer and was arrested in June 2008, where he was sentenced to two years in prison. Radke was officially fired from Escape the Fate in mid-2008. As stated by Max Green, "First we couldn't tour out of the country, then out of the state." Radke was released from prison in December 2010 and is now in a new band, Falling in Reverse.

Now, Escape the Fate is still together. I haven't heard anything from them since Ronnie left, since I'm just a fan of Ronnie's voice.Dying is your Latest Fashion is the only EtF album I've listened to.

Now, my question is:

Why in the world do I like Ronnie's EtF but hate FiR? o.o

My boyfriend made me a mix of both bands, all featuring Ronnie. For some reason, it's still only old EtF that piques my interest.

I'll let you all tell me what you think, and which band you like best!

Old Escape the Fate with Ronnie

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

New Escape the Fate without Ronnie

Falling in Reverse, Ronnie's New Band

So tell me what you think!

Mod
06-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Where is Taylor Swift in all of this?

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Where is Taylor Swift in all of this?

Awh I was waiting for a tl;dr.

Mod
06-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Awh I was waiting for a tl;dr.
Aren't I just the worst? :rolleyes:

Maki
06-08-2013, 02:48 PM
ESCAPE THE FATE

(Only because I liked one song from them, I think it was like Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche)

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 02:54 PM
ESCAPE THE FATE

(Only because I liked one song from them, I think it was like Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche)

With Ronnie or without?

Maki
06-08-2013, 03:02 PM
With Ronnie or without?

The original song, so with Ronnie in it. Can't go wrong with that punky voice :D

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
The original song, so with Ronnie in it. Can't go wrong with that punky voice :D

It gorgeous, right?

sigh he's so adorable.

he's married and has a kid though D:

Jolz
grrrawr

you two I want your opinions ok

Jolz
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
shadowbreakdown Don't worry, I have an opinion.

Escape the fate was an awesome band, great songs, great guitar solos.

THEN!

It happened.. you know what I mean.

Then Pussy Craig faggot who I have hated every since blessthefall (who now have become as good band, as well as "the word alive" <craigs other old band, who nows has Telle from Greeley Estate) joins ETF and fucks it all up.

Ronnie FINALLY got out of jail and released FIR first album and some of the songs was brilliant.

.... now he's fucked it all up as well. The first single of their new album is preppy rap rock bullshit. The rest of the album better be better or I will be pissed.

Also, when the fuck is D.R.U.G.S going to make a new album!

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 03:36 PM
shadowbreakdown Don't worry, I have an opinion.

Escape the fate was an awesome band, great songs, great guitar solos.

THEN!

It happened.. you know what I mean.

Then Pussy Craig faggot who I have hated every since blessthefall (who now have become as good band, as well as "the word alive" <craigs other old band, who nows has Telle from Greeley Estate) joins ETF and fucks it all up.

Ronnie FINALLY got out of jail and released FIR first album and some of the songs was brilliant.

.... now he's fucked it all up as well. The first single of their new album is preppy rap rock bullshit. The rest of the album better be better or I will be pissed.

You've said everything I've been thinking <3

Jolz
06-08-2013, 03:52 PM
You've said everything I've been thinking <3

You know.. great minds and all that. I'm also get board of being tested by ADTR, release the fucking album already!

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 03:55 PM
You know.. great minds and all that. I'm also get board of being tested by ADTR, release the fucking album already!

UGH I KNOW.

they had this $5 t-shirt friday yesterday and apparently their shipping suckssss, so I went on the victory records website and they have really cheap merch there! picked up some adtr, silverstein, and aiden merch.

Jolz
06-08-2013, 04:01 PM
UGH I KNOW.

they had this $5 t-shirt friday yesterday and apparently their shipping suckssss, so I went on the victory records website and they have really cheap merch there! picked up some adtr, silverstein, and aiden merch.

Fucking hell, I've not heard about Aiden in years... I saw them like 4 years ago with Taking back sunday. TBS was fucking funny, Adam Lazzara sounds like Foghorn Leghorn

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Fucking hell, I've not heard about Aiden in years... I saw them like 4 years ago with Taking back sunday. TBS was fucking funny, Adam Lazzara sounds like Foghorn Leghorn

Haha I heard they're shit in concert, though I'd still wanna see them.

Aiden remains one of my fav bands, although Conviction was pure shit but w/e.

Jolz
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Haha I heard they're shit in concert, though I'd still wanna see them.

Aiden remains one of my fav bands, although Conviction was pure shit but w/e.

I posted it in another section but some of my favorites are...

As well as Led Zeppelin, A Day To Remember, Four Year Strong, Ever Time I Die, Cute Is What We Aim For, Finch, Foo Fights, Biffy Clyro, Deep Purple, Brand New and many more... its hard to just pick a few

Batgirl
06-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I posted it in another section but some of my favorites are...

As well as Led Zeppelin, A Day To Remember, Four Year Strong, Ever Time I Die, Cute Is What We Aim For, Finch, Foo Fights, Biffy Clyro, Deep Purple, Brand New and many more... its hard to just pick a few

Such good tasteee!

Alexisonfire is awesome, I rarely hear people mention them.

CIWWAF is in my top 5, with Silverstein, 3DG, Papa Roach, ADTR.

Foo Fighters are def up there too :3

And who doesn't love Zeppelin~ lol

Jolz
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Such good tasteee!

Alexisonfire is awesome, I rarely hear people mention them.

CIWWAF is in my top 5, with Silverstein, 3DG, Papa Roach, ADTR.

Foo Fighters are def up there too :3

And who doesn't love Zeppelin~ lol

If I could, I would high five you :)

grrrawr
06-08-2013, 08:35 PM
It gorgeous, right?

sigh he's so adorable.

he's married and has a kid though D:

Jolz
grrrawr

you two I want your opinions ok

you know what
fuck your wall of text

I JUST GOT HOME AND MY BED IS WONDERFUL AND I WILL GIVE MY OPINION LIKE TOMORROW OR SOMETHIN bc i still have one day of vacation left

Drizzy
06-08-2013, 08:39 PM
[MENTION=7736]

Craigery left and went back to Chiodos, they disbanded ):

purekilla
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
picking between the 2 bands that are in the title i would go Escape the Fate anyday. I just like the music and the way it sounds more compared to Falling in Reverse's music.

Jolz
06-09-2013, 02:53 AM
picking between the 2 bands that are in the title i would go Escape the Fate anyday. I just like the music and the way it sounds more compared to Falling in Reverse's music.

With or without ronnie?

Batgirl
06-09-2013, 03:07 AM
With or without ronnie?

sigh stop posting what I am gonna post

Jolz
06-09-2013, 03:15 AM
sigh stop posting what I am gonna post

I told you already... great minds and all that shit

purekilla
06-09-2013, 03:25 AM
With or without ronnie?

ehhhh the ultimate question... I think i like them a little bit better back when Ronnie was in the band but i like their new album quite a bit.