PDA

View Full Version : Anybody play an instrument?

Jolz
06-06-2013, 02:16 PM
If you do, what and what kind of music do you play? (pressing play and calling yourself a DJ doesn't count)

I play guitar, bass and drums and play rock, classic, metal, pop-punk, easy core and post hardcore :) (I like most kinds of rock music)

Ice
06-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I started playing flute in 5th grade, so stereotypical lol. Sadly after I graduated hs I haven't had the motivation/heart to play ): maybe I will dig out my baby from the closet when I go home.

Naturally my band played standard fare, we didn't get to do cool tributes to soundtracks and stuff like the orchestra. :< But I did enjoy playing video game sheet music in my free time :D

LittlePunker
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I play Bass as my main instrument, and I play Rock, Altrernative, Hard Rock, verging on like...soft metal? In my band, Failed To Study.

I also play guitar on the side, as well as marching drums (all marching band percussion instruments I can play), as well as piano, and clarinet.

Reese
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Violin, piano, and viola ^_^. I like classical and romantic music; at the moment I'm working of some of Faure :).

Mod
06-06-2013, 04:33 PM
(pressing play and calling yourself a DJ doesn't count)

Dang...
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Jolz
06-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Dang...

He has no idea what he's doing haha

"I turns the knobs and music comes outs! I'm awesome at making music!"

Mod
06-06-2013, 05:13 PM
He has no idea what he's doing haha

"I turns the knobs and music comes outs! I'm awesome at making music!"
Just wait for the drop...

HERE IT COMES!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!

Mojo
06-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I've played the trumpet since 8th grade, and just finished my senior year as first chair. c:
I don't think I'll continue, though... Too much else to worry about.

Jolz
06-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Just wait for the drop...

HERE IT COMES!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!

All skrillex fans are fans of eye liner wearing emos

When he was in From First To Last... yea... what a bellend

Mod
06-06-2013, 05:52 PM
When he was in From First To Last... yea... what a bellend

He looks like a domestically abused spouse in that FFtL pic.

Jolz
06-06-2013, 05:57 PM
He looks like a domestically abused spouse in that FFtL pic.

And now he looks like a mop

Mod
06-06-2013, 06:14 PM
And now he looks like a mop
But he can never be a mop.

The world will always need mops, the world will never need Skrillex.

Jolz
06-06-2013, 06:16 PM
the world will never need Skrillex.

And that boys and girls is why Mod is my bro

bml0624
06-06-2013, 06:36 PM
I've played the Xylophone and associated percussion instruments on and off since I was 9. After I made state band, I decided I didn't like the whole band crew and decided to just practice on my own when I got bored.

I wish I had easy access to a Marimba right now.

Funny story, I actually rejoined band in 10th grade...for a day. The band instructor mocked me for playing Super Mario Bros so I told him that if he had wanted me so badly, he wouldn't mock me for playing something I loved during a break.

My favorite non-Xylophone instruments to play are the: bell whistle, wind chimes, duck calls, cow bells, and bongos. Bongos definitely go great with any musical piece. Gives it a tribal flare.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I've played the Xylophone and associated percussion instruments on and off since I was 12. After I made state band, I decided I didn't like the whole band crew and decided to just practice on my own when I got bored.

I wish I had easy access to a Marimba right now.

Funny story, I actually rejoined band in 10th grade...for a day. The band instructor mocked me for playing Super Mario Bros so I told him that if he had wanted me so badly, he wouldn't mock me for playing something I loved during a break.

My favorite non-Xylophone instruments to play are the: bell whistle, wind chimes, duck calls, cow bells, and bongos. Bongos definitely go great with any musical piece. Gives it a tribal flare.

Allegra
06-07-2013, 05:31 AM
I play guitar/piano. When I had lessons I played classical though since I've stopped, I play a bit of everything. Whatever I feel like teaching myself.

goodieboy
06-07-2013, 06:06 AM
I've played the piano, learnt it since 4. Pretty bad at it now cos I'm too busy to practice

hcdanny
06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I've been playing the cello for almost 11 years now, I play songs by apocalyptica, metallica and I love to improvise.

katix
06-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I used to play the flute/piccolo since I was 6 but a few months ago a fish bowl exploded in my hands while cleaning it and tragically severed my tendons and nerves in my fingers. Now I lost movement in those fingers and they are forever in a claw like position. (can no longer play flute).:grumpy:

ItzHisoka
06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I play piano. I play pop, jazz, and classical.

Maditude
06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I play skin flute.

Mod
06-08-2013, 02:05 PM
I play skin flute.
Every guy can appreciate that kind of music.

kooldude888
06-11-2013, 04:18 AM
I play the guitar :) my dad bought me my first guitar when i was 11 and have loved it ever since pretty much taught myself how to play after he showed me the basics. i dont play as much as i used to so im sure id be a little rusty if i picked it up and tied playing right now been too busy to sit down and jam out. after reading this thread i think im gonna take an hour out of the day to relax and jam out by myself :) got myself a nice old acoustic electric guitar :D

Alexnub
06-17-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm terrible for instruments :( I'd rather sing, ugly but sing