PDA

View Full Version : The Purge

coldtowelz
06-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I watched the trailer earlier today on yt, and I'm surprised i haven't seen it anywhere on TV yet. guess it only appears at night or something :S
but yeah, i found it a little creepy and thought to myself that i wouldn't want to be around if the world ever comes to that.

Does anyone plan on watching it? I might, just out of curiosity... :(

I_royalty_I
06-05-2013, 01:43 PM
It looks pretty good. I think it sounds interesting because its something new. Tons of movies now a days are remakes or based around the same characters and stuff. I saw the trailer awhile ago and it looks like a good movie. I'm expecting it to have lots of twists, turns and surprises!

Nath
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I saw it last weekend. I thought the idea behind it was awesome. It was a good movie, it could have been a lot better, but I'd still say go and see it.

I_royalty_I
06-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I saw it last weekend. I thought the idea behind it was awesome. It was a good movie, it could have been a lot better, but I'd still say go and see it.

You already saw it?!
It doesn't come out here til this Friday! :P

Nath
06-05-2013, 02:36 PM
You already saw it?!
It doesn't come out here til this Friday! :P

Was out here last Friday :P

Wenis
06-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Yah it looks like another one of those movies where the background idea is super sick and what not but is impossible to make a perfect film out of

coldtowelz
06-05-2013, 03:09 PM
I think what gets to me is how although the setting is supposed to be "world is a utopia now", with the legal crime day, anyone can just make a list of those they're targeting sometime during the year. it just makes you paranoid and not want to screw anyone over in any way.

boardwalks
06-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Dude, I saw a trailer for this a few weeks ago, it looks bomb.

I love movies like this, and will have nightmares about it but it will be worth it :P

It looks so much more interesting than most of the scary-ish movies that have out in the past few years.

I_royalty_I
06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Dude, I saw a trailer for this a few weeks ago, it looks bomb.

I love movies like this, and will have nightmares about it but it will be worth it :P

It looks so much more interesting than most of the scary-ish movies that have out in the past few years.

Hopefully it's actually a lil bit scary.
The past few scary/horror movies I have gone to were ok, nothing too amazing.
I want a really scary movie, one where I won't be able to go to sleep. That would be good.

EDANIEL223
06-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Yes, the truth is not that they have not gone through TV...

jena
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I plan on watching it!
I actually think it looks pretty good, or at least like something new and different.

I'm hoping to see some crazy surprises.
I've always wondered what would happen if there were a lack of law/government in the US.

Nath
06-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Let me know what you guys think when you have seen it :D I don't want to give too much away so lemme know your thoughts!

boardwalks
06-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I want a really scary movie, one where I won't be able to go to sleep. That would be good.

I hope it is too, nothing worse (well uh, I guess there is) than something that is laughable when it's trying so hard to freak people out.
It has good potential I think.

Who needs sleep?

And yeah, exactly. What they've been coming out with is just a meh fest with the same repeated storylines.

Jauris
06-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Eh, the concept seems stupid to me. I have too many firearms in my house to feel worried lol.

Leah
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Me too! Anyone have any suggestions?

boardwalks
06-07-2013, 12:02 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Tumblr knows what I want to watch. Creeeepy.

Also this alone freaks me out.

/goes back to weenie hut jr/

neomaster
06-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Most movies now are based on other movies and stories but the Purge seems to be an original. Cant wait to rent it once its on redbox.

coldtowelz
06-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Watched it a few days ago. It had scary moments, surely, but what kind of threw me off was how ironic it was. There was kind of a twist at the end that had the audience go wth?

Samantha
06-11-2013, 04:53 PM
I've been wanting to see it.
I've heard from people that it's not very good so I hope they're just crazy. :rolleyes:

Snorlax
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
I saw the trailer a few weeks ago. Really wanted to go see it, but my bf hates the movies theaters so he rather wait for the torrent to come out so we can download it. ;(

Duck4Cover
06-14-2013, 01:04 AM
I seen the previews for the first time a few days ago, and while I don't usually like horror movies (just not my thing) I'll probably go see this.

Batgirl
06-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Just saw it in theaters, it was fucked up and not really that good.

More of a plot would have been nice.

Bane
06-14-2013, 01:12 AM
The movie sucked.

Batgirl
06-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Bane

don't ruin it....

Umbreon
06-14-2013, 04:51 AM
It's not that great of a movie, honestly.

The premise was really nice, but it was just eh.
It was funny more than anything.

Deer
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Dudeeee I want to see this movie so bad.
It doesn't even look like a good movie :l but it's an interesting kind of plot! (at least to me).

spysie
06-16-2013, 08:33 PM
interesting plot but honestly only one part of the movie honestly scared me. yea it was more humorous than scary x3

the son (i thought it was a younger daughter at first) was just stupid