PDA

View Full Version : Time to get in shape!

grrrawr
05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Last night my husband and I started working out together, we started with a run and then came home and did some small weight training. I currently smoke a pack of cigs a day (I know, shame on me. you can keep it to yourself bc I already know it's bad) and haven't worked out like AT ALL since I graduated from hs (4 years ago omg) so it's not like we went out and ran 6 miles lol. I think we did maybe a mile with some stopping to catch my breath? Tonight I was able to run more and stop less and I could really feel the workout in my calves, so I'm happy :$

My goal is to lose 40 pounds, by October, which is totally doable as long as I stick to it. Any words of encouragement are welcome! :)

I think I might also just use this thread to keep track of my progress, just so I can actually see how much I'm improving.

Glaze
05-14-2013, 10:35 PM
That's awesome! It's definitely a doable goal. I'm rooting for you! :D

grrrawr
05-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks! :$
I'm gonna have to stop looking at your profile, though. :rolleyes:

Glaze
05-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Yup :D I put my donuts back up so you know what to stay away from now :rolleyes:

grrrawr
05-14-2013, 10:38 PM
God damn you :(:(

It really sucks because all day I've just been like "I WANT A FUCKING DONUT JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE ONE."

Glaze
05-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry xD I just had to mess with you a bit. I changed it back. I'll also take down the one from my profile to help you resist the temptation. :P

grrrawr
05-14-2013, 10:59 PM
It's okayyy. It'll help build will power. I gotta buy a bunch of fruit and veggies after work tomorrow. Eating was hard today cos I forgot to shop on Monday :(
I had tuna for breakfast and it was awful.

Mod
05-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Do you also plan to stop smoking while you get in shape?

grrrawr
05-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Eventually, yes. I've started with my cutting back already. And I do not like it.

Daenery
05-15-2013, 02:27 PM
It's great that you're taking the initiative. You're so lucky to have a partner to work out with too, my sister goes to an out of state uni so I've had to exercise all alone these past few months and it got really boring, haha. You can totally do it! One of my best friends lost 25 lbs within a few months, and your workout is much more intense than hers was. :o

grrrawr
05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Aw! Why don't you find a friend to work out with!?
It was actually my husbands idea. He was tired of me complaining about how gross I looked :P

It's only been a couple days, but I already feel a lot better (aside from how much it sucks to walk up for flights of stairs because i am SO SORE). I'm not as tired as I was before, but I'm having a little trouble with the dieting aspect. I've been taking prednisone for the last couple weeks because of a really bad allergic reaction so I'm SO HUNGRY all the time. Like weak feeling as if I haven't eaten in three days starving lol. I'm hoping as soon as it's out of my system it gets easier.

Clydes
12-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Hi Grrrawr,
To lose 40 lbs, break your meals in small frequent meals and add fruits and vegetables more in your daily meals. Use a running program, set raelistic goals and keep a running log to measure your progress. Quit smoking as smoking is injuries to health, effect your stamina and may lead to major health problems.
Toplevelfit boot camp ([Only registered and activated users can see links])