PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Anyone?

Jolz
05-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Anyone else love these games? Which is your favorite? or do you just hate them?

My personal favorite is

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

utahclock
05-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I love the series I have played them up to 12....

Daenery
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
LOL, I was going to say I thought you reminded me of Snow from FFXIII in the picture thread ('specially with that beanie), but decided against it because I didn't know what your opinion of FF was. I haven't played XIII yet myself. My personal favorite would have to be VII, with VI being a close second. Kefka. :rolleyes:

I love Squaresoft's Chrono Trigger above all their Final Fantasy games, though.

Jolz
05-11-2013, 02:02 PM
LOL, I was going to say I thought you reminded me of Snow from FFXIII in the picture thread ('specially with that beanie), but decided against it because I didn't know what your opinion of FF was. I haven't played XIII yet myself. My personal favorite would have to be VII, with VI being a close second. Kefka. :rolleyes:

I love Squaresoft's Chrono Trigger above all their Final Fantasy games, though.

Hahaha as soon as 13 came out everyone said I looked like Snow so it's all good.

I love 7 but never got why it was always deemed the best. I think 9 is better (might have something to do with Vivi being awesome)

I have not played Chrono Trigger in years, bloody good game.

Did you ever play Grandia 2?

Daenery
05-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Hahaha as soon as 13 came out everyone said I looked like Snow so it's all good.

I love 7 but never got why it was always deemed the best. I think 9 is better (might have something to do with Vivi being awesome)

I have not played Chrono Trigger in years, bloody good game.

Did you ever play Grandia 2?

I wouldn't even really say VII is the best, all the Pre-Square Enix games were standalones with different plots and worlds so they each have their own special somethings. My best friend in HS used to argue with me all the time about VI being better, haha. VII's sort of sci-fi flavor is what makes it my favorite, but that's probably because I'm biased towards science fiction in general. Honestly though, I can't say I liked any of the sequels or prequels they churned out after the merge with Enix. I prefer the original.

There was a fan remake of Chrono Trigger a while back but Square Enix slapped a cease and desist order on them. It looked really snazzy, too. :rolleyes:

I can't say I have, is it any good? I heard my friends talking about it here and there but never looked into it.

utahclock
05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
yup grandia 2 was cool. like it. Im currently playing dragon quest 9, for DS, its a good one too. IMO

Jolz
05-11-2013, 02:30 PM
utahclock Again, another game I have not played in so long but is very good.

Lorn Yes, you can download grandia 2 from a torrent and its only about a gig in size but really worth a play. A real JRPG from back in the day.

utahclock
05-11-2013, 02:38 PM
grandia 2, is unique, but its cool, decent story line too.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

grandia 2, is unique, but its cool, decent story line too.

Jolz have you played grandia extreme ? its good too :D

Jolz
05-11-2013, 02:46 PM
utahclock No I haven't. I remeber trying to get it at some point but something went wrong. Might have another try at it though

utahclock
05-11-2013, 02:48 PM
I really like grandia extreme a lot, you should try to get it again :)

j03
05-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Favorite one is X but only because I have to play 7 & 8 still. :P I like the storyline for 13. :D

Daenery
05-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Jolz I'll try it sometime then, thanks for the rec. :o

I can't believe I forgot about FFX. I adored FFX to bits. The only thing that threw me off about it was the sometimes awkward voice-acting, but it was understandable given the discrepancies between Japanese and Western mannerisms. We just gesture differently while speaking, lol. The story was really poignant, I don't think I ever got over Tidus' sacrifice for Yuna or the moment Tidus finally met his father again. :(

Jolz
05-11-2013, 03:06 PM
utahclock I think I will :)

Infamous Joe 10 is an amazing game, a great first FF for the PS2.
13 has a wonderful story line and is just a beautiful game visually but like most others, I don't enjoy how linear it is but that is only because I'm so use to the open worlds of the previous titles.

Same thing happened with Dragon Age

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Lorn Remember this scene? I cringed and still do

Daenery
05-11-2013, 03:12 PM
[/COLOR]Lorn Remember this scene? I cringed and still do

A thousand times yes LOL, that's definitely one of the ones I was thinking of. The weird pre-programmed gestures they use for Tidus when he's speaking when they were too lazy to fully render his face were also weird. You know, when he waves his hands like he's stroking the underbelly of a sheep or something. :rolleyes: Good times.

I hear a lot of complaints about XIII's linearity, too. It really does have magnificent graphics, though. Good story or not, let it not be said that Square Enix's games aren't beautifully designed. :o

j03
05-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Damn, it's been years since I played X but that video, I remember it clearly (and how awkward it was with everyone watching them xD). Can't wait for the HD remake. :O

Jolz
05-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Lorn haha yes, the double hand gesture thing when hes pissed off... like he is in the Godfather or Scarface :)

Daenery
05-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Damn, it's been years since I played X but that video, I remember it clearly (and how awkward it was with everyone watching them xD). Can't wait for the HD remake. :O

Seriously LOL, I could feel myself blushing for their sakes while watching it. I wonder how the voice actors felt when they were acting out that scene. :rolleyes:

And yes! I'm totally stoked about the HD remake, FFX had some of my favorite locales + beasties and it's going to be amazing seeing them in high-def. :$

Jolz
05-11-2013, 03:38 PM

What I actually just did

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Just had a look at the trailer.... IT SHALL BE BOUGHT!!

Lorn I would love to of been in the recording studio. "Ok guys, in the scene you need to laugh really stupidly and awkwardly... aaaaand go!" Also, love the new sig :)

Mod
05-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I think 9 is better

I don't think I ever got over Tidus' sacrifice for Yuna

"What can I do for you?"

Jolz
05-11-2013, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=Mod;300989]

hahahaha love it.

Hows this for you though?

Mod
05-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Hows this for you though?

The smallest one in X is the biggest one in XL.

The only thing she's going to be pilfering from monsters are the blunt of their attacks.

Jolz
05-11-2013, 04:11 PM
The smallest one in X is the biggest one in XL.

The only thing she's going to be pilfering from monsters are the blunt of their attacks.

She's not fat, she's big boned.

Big boned with lots of big fucking flab on them.

still.... her, a bead a sweat running down her nacked back to her ass crack.... now there's an image for you.

Daenery
05-11-2013, 04:14 PM

What I actually just did

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Just had a look at the trailer.... IT SHALL BE BOUGHT!!

Lorn I would love to of been in the recording studio. "Ok guys, in the scene you need to laugh really stupidly and awkwardly... aaaaand go!" Also, love the new sig :)

They probably were like "...Whelp. At least I'm getting paid." LOL

And thanks! :$ I assume you saw my Ifrit one, I'm using a sig rotator heeheehee

"What can I do for you?"

I never got up to 100% completion in X-2. ;( Crey

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Now now boys. Don't be making fun of our plus sized friends ;c

Jolz
05-11-2013, 04:14 PM
They probably were like "...Whelp. At least I'm getting paid." LOL

Do you think that's what nicolas cage thought when filming the wicker man?

"WHAT IS THAT??!? NOOOO THE BEEEEEEZzzzZZZz ARRRGGH"

Mod
05-11-2013, 04:15 PM
now there's an image for you.

Jolz
05-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Go Mod GO!!

Mod
05-11-2013, 04:24 PM
This thread was A TRAP.

Jolz
05-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Im sorry Mod. It was wrong of me to post that pic.

It should be this one!

Daenery
05-11-2013, 04:27 PM
You're both terrible, terrible people.

Do you think that's what nicolas cage thought when filming the wicker man?

"WHAT IS THAT??!? NOOOO THE BEEEEEEZzzzZZZz ARRRGGH"

LOL if that's what got him through that film, I certainly hope so.

Bees though. ಥ_ಥ (I'm like deathly afraid of bees scream)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Also, congrats on green, Jolz. :$

Jolz
05-11-2013, 04:43 PM

LOL if that's what got him through that film, I certainly hope so.

Bees though. ಥ_ಥ (I'm like deathly afraid of bees scream)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Thank you :)

Also, have a look yourself. Nic at his best.

Mod
05-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Daenery
05-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Thank you :)

Also, have a look yourself. Nic at his best.

omg.

Jolz
05-11-2013, 05:56 PM

This is strangely hypnotic

Daenery
05-11-2013, 05:59 PM
This is strangely hypnotic

Thank you. I'm glad you think so.

man we are so off topic

Jolz
05-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Thank you. I'm glad you think so.

man we are so off topic

It fits so well. Topic? I think we had one a while ago but now its become something much much.... more

Mod
05-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Lorn,

STABBIT.
YOU FREAK.
STABBIT.