PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE! Don't give out your skypes to random people!

SmileYaDead
05-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Have had two newbies asking me for my skype, probably with same intentions as why Kylae's was hacked into.

Modded in: (Celestial)
Be aware: Others may be able to steal your account by knowing information about your Skype account, such as several of your contacts. Additionally just by knowing your Skype name and adding you via several accounts they could know your contacts (them) and steal your account. Be careful of what information you share with who. If you suddenly have several people add you for no reason, you may be a target of account theft.

DarkByte
05-10-2013, 06:33 AM
For Future reference , I never sell or buy anything so send me nothing :P.

Mod
05-10-2013, 03:30 PM
For Future reference , I never sell or buy anything so send me nothing :P.

What if people want to send you generous amounts of tip money just for being the rare. dare. devil?

wrath
05-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I wish newbies would ask me for my skype. :'(

grrrawr
05-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Federation
take me off the skype club list please

wrath
05-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Federation
take me off the skype club list please

Aye aye captain.

ritzwin
05-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Apparently there's multiple programs that have been made to automate the process of hacking someone's skype already.... that's ridiculous. DON'T USE SKYPE TO TRADE UNTIL THIS IS PATCHED.

Pestix
05-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Glad I never used skype to begin with..

utahclock
05-10-2013, 09:21 PM
good thing I haven't been on Skype lately :D only once to wait for a reply from someone lol

05-12-2013, 12:10 AM
People asking for your skype username usually don't have anything bad. Katia's skype most likely got SE'd. There's been many skype hacking's from another forum because of shitty Skype Support where they just reset it. So don't give out much info of who your contacts are,your skype purchases,latest calls etc. But giving your skype username out your U/N could always be resolved.

Kylae
05-12-2013, 12:23 AM
My skype was taken by a forum member that knew my contacts through a group chat. That's all he knew, and Skype gave my account info over to him. I've locked it down now, but still, they're right to warn, it could be any one so long as they know who you talk to.

Dream
05-12-2013, 12:25 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Lilac Tentacles
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
No one likes me anyways :(

Ray-Chill
05-17-2013, 12:31 AM
No one likes me anyways :( I seem to recall having a certain awesome person on my skype list..

Mod
05-17-2013, 12:37 AM

I like you. :)

But you don't like me anyways. :(

Neogouger
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM

I like you your posts crack me up lol

Lilac Tentacles
05-22-2013, 10:35 AM
I like you your posts crack me up lol

Are you reading this Mod?!! I'm funnier than you!!!!

Mod
05-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Are you reading this Mod?!! I'm funnier than you!!!!
I never said I was funny.
I don't consider myself funny.
But to re-iterate my last post on this topic:

I like you. :)

But you don't like me anyways. :(
I think your post demonstrates the aggression towards me as previously noted.

idreazz
06-17-2013, 07:09 AM
For Future reference , I never sell or buy anything so send me nothing .

jet
06-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Maybe this is strange but I don't give my skype out. When people ask for it I tell them that I prefer to do business on site where there is a paper trail that protect the seller and the buyer. Sure, skype is faster but it's un-necessary. By doing all business ON the forum you have a constant papertrail if anything ever goes wrong and all the evidence that you need to report them to the forum. I'm not a middleman, or moderator, or admin or anyone important really but that would be my advice to people. Just don't give out your skype at all. Unless you know the person well or unless they require a middleman.

gundysum
08-12-2014, 03:16 AM
With ref. to [Only registered and activated users can see links]

>> You made a lazy mistake while using a proxy and now you are trying to pull the race card out when you have no right to use it.

Yes, I made the mistake of being honest. I also made the mistake of NOT using a proxy at all. As a matter of fact majority of Indians still use openproxy [Only registered and activated users can see links] (of course I don't expect the xenophobic Americans to know anything about any other country at all. In their Atlas, only America exists, the rest of the world doesn't even matter). But I think I should have used a proxy, hell I should have used an American proxy too at that, but how the hell am I supposed to know Indians are not welcome here?

>>.. just leave please...

Can I say, LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE?

>> Ps, Your English is pretty good for a native Indian, nice job!

You mean you people are more educated than Indians just because you are from USofA? And you still refuse to call yourself a racist? Nice try. Try another one please.

>> Even if you aren't kfuentes, you are clearly up to no good.

Before you try to judge me, try to take a peek into your own asshole. You will realize that you are an even uglier person than me, ha ha.

You guys know something: had you been kind and nice to me I would have been nice too. The reason why I look like a 'pathetic' person is because you people treat me so pathetically that I get all riled up and I need to retaliate. You might hate Indians all you want because Indians are humans too. Hate begets hate, you should know. By the way, can anyone here tell me how many people have I 'scammed' here? 10? 20? 100? Too bad I am not cooling my heels in the prison yet eh? FUCK the 'pathetic' legal system. ;) Oh yeah, just to tell you, banning me is a waste of time, so is closing any thread. I will keep coming back haha. If you leave me alone then maybe I will quit the forum someday on MY OWN. Use force on me and I will retaliate.

Bye. Waiting for the ban. ;)

lisaasil12
09-24-2015, 07:37 AM
I'll keep this in mind even though no one would ask for my skype :p

iced
10-04-2015, 12:10 AM
My skype has two people, I wouldn't mind a little stranger danger :o_o:

Sakuras
10-04-2015, 01:53 PM
the gravedigging is real.

katz61
10-23-2015, 08:22 PM
thanks for this post now I know not to give this out! :)

01-26-2016, 04:59 PM
I just want to bump this for a reminder to all users- do NOT share your Skype. There currently is a public Skype ban method and i'd like to rather not see anyone's Skype get banned. c:

Remember, people are crazy out there. Luckily, there is NOT that many crazies on clraik but you never know.